Variety Monomach's cap is a new raspberry species. There are a lot of rumors and questions around him, not every horticulturist hastens to allocate a site for his planting.
Table of contents
- Favorable for breeding areas
- Features of planting and growing
- Care for varieties of patched raspberry Cap monomah
- Selection of a site for planting
- Diseases and pests
- Reviews of gardeners
Favorable for breeding areas
Variety of raspberry The cap of monomacha is deduced by the leading breeder-fruit grower Ivan Vasilievich Kazakov.
Moscow and Moscow region are favorable areas for cultivating this type of raspberries. The plant tolerates winter with steadfastness, without requiring special warming.
In the central strip of Russia, raspberry of this sort is recommended to be planted in the first half of October. In southern regions, the period varies from the beginning of October to the first decade of November.
In the regions of Siberia and the Urals, after the termination of frost, the main heaters in the form of leaves, snow are removed and
As in any cultivated crops, the patch raspberry cap The monomach's cap has its pros and cons. The positive qualities of raspberries are:
- High yield.
- Frost resistance.
- Large and delicious berries.
- Resistant to pests.
The mainThe minus of the variety is susceptibility to viral diseases. It is worthwhile to figure out whether it is good for growing..
And now let's talk about the description of raspberries. Thick shoots of green color, towering above the ground by 1, 5 meters, strongly branch. The branches of the formed bush drop down, and it resembles a small tree.
Famous Cap of monomachus with large tasty berries of bright red color. The shape of the berries is elongated, conical with a rather blunt end. On average, the weight of the berries reaches almost 7 gr., In some cases, the weight reaches 20 gr., And the berries are the size of a plum.The size of a raspberry is directly proportional to watering: if the soil is well moistened, the berries are large, juicy, and a lack of moisture leads to a decrease in the size and number of fruits.
From the stalk, the juicy pulp is separated without difficulty, sweet with a light sour, it melts in the mouth, leaving a pleasant aftertaste. The berry has an elastic texture, so it can be transported to small distances and stored. It is used fresh as a dessert, good for making jams, compotes, fruit drinks.
Yield of a bush depends on the conditions of maintenance and care, for a season from one bush it is possible to collect, - 5 kg of berries. If the berries are large, as a rule, it happens in the first two years, then you can collect up to 8 kg of raspberries.
Fruiting shrubs of this variety begin from the second half of August and continue until the middle of autumn, until the first frost. Berries have enough time to form and mature. Over the entire period, you can collect about 60% of the declared crop, the rest does not have time to color before the onset of cold weather.
It is easy to remove fruits from a bush - this variety is devoid of thorns. Only in a small amount of spines are located at the base of the bush..
Features of planting and growing
The monomach's cap is a repair grade. Its advantage over other kinds of raspberries is that it fructifies 2 times a year.The breeding of the variety affected the quality and quantity of the crop harvested in the second phase of fruiting.
It begins in mid-August and continues until frosts and differs from the first by reducing pests and viral diseases of the bush.
In addition, you may be interested in other varieties of raspberries:
- Characteristics of raspberry Apricot and Atlant
- Description of the raspberry variety Polka
- Rules for planting and caring for raspberries Patricia
For planting raspberries prepare trenches:
- Dig up to a depth of 35 - 40 cm;
- fertilize with humus;
- pour mineral fertilizer, diluted to the desired concentration.
Saplings need to be placed 75 to 80 cm apart, sprinkled with a small amount of soil and rammed. Bury the cuttings deeply should not, the roots should be located close to the surface.After planting the plant should be poured with stimulants for better and faster root growth. You can find them in any specialized store.
Further it is necessary to bring mulch from humus or vegetable residues..
Care for varieties of patched raspberry Cap monomah
The raspberry varieties require careful care:
- When planting and throughout life, the bush must be fertilized with mineral fertilizers and humus.
- To monitor the moisture of the soil, the drying of the soil is unacceptable.
- Loosening is an obligatory condition of care, excess water can cause decay of roots.
- There should not be more than 5-6 plants per square meter.
If the seedling has received a sufficient amount of fertilizer during planting, then in the first year of fertilizing is no longer required.In subsequent years, fertilizers are introduced in stages:
- Nitric top dressings are in the spring that activate intensive growth and a set of leaf masses;
- during the ripening - rich in potassium and phosphorus, to improve the quality of the crop;
- when preparing for the winter make organic, in most cases, quality humus, excludes fresh manure.
Preparation for winter is also a peculiar ritual:.
- Collect the remaining berries
- With a pruner or large scissors, cut off all branches and shoots level with the ground.
- Loosen gently around the roots, where possible, with a thin knife or special spatula.
- Top a thin layer of humus and ash.
If you do not want to cut off shoots, but want to harvest 2 times, raspberries need to be warmed by mulching, and sprinkled with fallen leaves or mown grass. Pruning of stems is carried out according to another scheme. It is necessarily carried out in the spring and in the autumn, branches are cut off:
- thin and underdeveloped;
- two-year-old dead.
To ensure that the vegetation receives a sufficient amount of sunlight,It is necessary to build a structure to hold the stems in an upright position. To do this, around the landing break stakes, between which stretch the wire, which serves as a kind of support. To her carefully tied stems, trying not to injure the surface layer..
Reproduction of a grade of a raspberry The cap of a monomachus is complicated by a traditional method, because from below the raspberry is not overgrown with thickets and multiplies using green cuttings grown specifically for breeding. For this early spring young shoots are carefully separated from the main bush:
- remove the top layer near the base by 2 see.
- Cut the green shoot as close to the root system as possible.The root should not be damaged. For work, use sharp objects to minimize the risk of injury to the plant.
- rooted in a pot of peat and placed in greenhouse conditions.
A few weeks later, a kidney appears at the base of the shoot, which gives a push to the growth of the seedling. In the second half of May or early June, he is ready to transplant to a permanent place of growth.
Selection of a site for planting
From the place of permanent residence of this litter depends resistance to infections and pests, as well as increased yield. For the type of Cap monomachus suitable sites:
- PH neutral;
- sunny, on the south side;
- well drained.
Wetted soils with high acidity are not suitable for cultivation, as well as closely located groundwater.This grade requires the presence of soil of high quality due to the characteristics of the root system.The main part of the roots is located close to the surface, therefore the soil layer here must be constantly moistened, loose and let the maximum amount of air pass.
Because of the capricious nature of the variety, before planting the soil should be tested for acid. To do this, you can use a proven simple method:
- Take 5 leaves of black currant and pour 200 ml. boiling water (1 glass).
- Leave to stand for 10 - 15 minutes and take out the sheets.
- Dip a small amount of soil into the broth from the landing place.
- Wait for the appearance of the hue:
- red - acid soil;
- green - weakly acidic soil;
- blue - neutral PH.
If the soil is acidic, and there is simply no other place to be found, high acidity can be neutralized. For this, 400-500 grams are applied per square meter of the plot. calcareous flour, if the soil is slightly acidic, the dosage is reduced by half.
Excellent for these purposes is wood ash (its presence boasts owners with a bath in the garden), besides the main effect, it will saturate the soil with useful trace elements, such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and others.
Diseases and pests
As mentioned above, raspberry variety Cap monomah due to the specificity of pruning shoots is not very susceptible to pests. But young shoots are not immune from viral infections spread by flying, sucking insects, such as aphids and cicadas. They can spread disease from infected plants. The most common of them are:
- Viral chlorosis. The main signs of the disease: yellowing dry leaves, reducing the size of shoots. The berries are undeveloped in case of chlorosis, they do not have time to ripen and dry up.
- Yellow mosaic is characterized by yellowed leaves with swirling dry edges. The berry does not completely wither, but it develops one-sidedly and has an unpleasant taste.
- Curlyness is determined by the following features:
- stopping growth;
- increase in diameter;
- brown shade of leaves;
- decrease in leaf size;
- drying of berries.
The fight against viruses is to prune sick shoots as needed.For preventive purposes, the plants are treated with fungicidal preparations in the early spring, including the Bordeaux mixture. Insectofungicides sold in specialized stores, it is necessary to spray still sleeping buds, and repeat the treatment before and after flowering.
Reviews of gardeners
Margarita Petrova:I ordered several types of repair raspberry in the spring: Daughter of Hercules, Golden Autumn, Cap of Monomachus. The first two began to dry immediately, I was upset because of the money spent. But the "Monomakh hat" was pleasantly surprised. Not only that bushes were bursting with berries, so there were too many bushes around the bush, it was easy to remove it.
Gleb Viktorovich:I live in Siberia. The year before last, he had planted Shapka, but had not had time to collect half of the fruits, and the cold had come. So for fans in Siberia is not suitable. For those who know all the subtleties of growing and warming, can and will do. The only advantage of this whole story is very delicious berries.
Oksana Ivanova:They advised the repairing raspberries, not really realizing what it was that ordered the seedlings, came the Cap of monomacha. Yes, large and delicious fruits, but while they wait. I want to eat a little boy already at the beginning of summer..