Let's see why the refrigerator started to make noise, whether it should do it and how to detect a breakdown, if you have old or new equipment.
Commercials offer the buyer completely silent appliances - washing machines, refrigerators and others. It's just a marketing move - the refrigerator today can not be physically quiet. Some sounds are natural, our ear is used to them, so they are invisible. But when the "symphony" of your kitchen is broken by a new sound, it is worthwhile to sound the alarm.
Content of the material:
1When the new refrigerator rustles
- 1.1When the noise is normal
- 2Why the refrigerator is noisy
- 3How to reduce noise
When the new refrigerator rustles
GOST states: a domestic refrigerator can make noise with a loudness of at most 55 dB. If you compare with everyday life - this is a conversation in the usual voice. There are also "quiet" models with a noise level of only 40 dB.
Attention! To knowingly pick up a quiet model, pay attention to the information sticker on the case. There is an exhaustive information on the technical characteristics: the class of energy efficiency, compartment capacity and noise level in decibels.
Do you have a relatively noiseless new refrigerator, but it loudly works and hums? Check the following:
- Have you produceddismantling of transport bolts. Fasteners keep the motor springs so that it does not get damaged during transportation. If the bolts are not twisted, the springs do not absorb, which causes the compressor and noise during operation.
- Installation Correctness. There should be no contact with the kitchen set and other appliances, up to a wall of at least 5 cm. The housing should not be exposed to direct sun rays, and during installation it is necessary to use a level.
- Is it trueloading products into the cameras. Do you think that putting food on the shelf is a simple matter? But it can cause a lot of noise. This is true even if the refrigerator is old. Arrange the jars and pans so that they do not touch, then there will be no resonance and tinkling.
When the noise is normal
- If you turned on a newly bought refrigerator in the network, and he immediately started to make a lot of noise, do not worry. The technician needs time to properly blot out the compartments, after which the operating mode and noise level are normalized. Sometimes, in order for the indicators in the chambers to "settle down refrigeration requires a week.
- If the technique is buzzing during the compressor start, this is not a problem. When you turn on the motor you need a lot of energy to start the rotor, so there is a sound like a growl.
Important! If you hear gurgling sounds or you are worried about the dripping sound in the refrigerator, here you need to build on how muchtheyloud. Sometimes freon, moving along the tubes of the circuit, is so noisy.
If the noise is unbearable, and the refrigerator interferes with sleeping, a breakdown is likely. The compressor, fan and other parts could be damaged. Let us consider the reasons for this behavior in more detail.
Why the refrigerator is noisy
Noise is provoked by details and systems. The table lists common problems, their signs and causes.
|Noise is heard while the engine is running.||
Broken motor, because of which the details appeared backlash. The probability of erasing the pistons or their rings - this provokes excessive rumbling and knocking.
When the parts are too worn out, decompression occurs in the motor, so loud work will be accompanied by a slow start of the compressor.
|What to do: replace the motor.|
|The sound is emitted by the compressor, mainly at start-up and shutdown.||
Weakening of the shock absorbers of the motor, because of which the vibration of the working technique is audible several times stronger.
When starting the engine does a jerk, so the noise amplifies.
|What to do: adjust the shock absorbers.|
|There was a rattle (for models with the No Frost function).||
The noise comes from the fan of the freezer. This is important when forming a thick layer of ice around the cooler.
With the rotation of the blade, the impellers cling to the ice, so there is a noise that resembles a squeak or screech.
On a note! A similar problem arises due to a poor fit of the sealant to the door or when the refrigerator is not closed securely.
In models with No Frost function, the evaporator could also break.
|What to do:
|The motor is noisy, the chambers are warm.||
A less likely, but possible, cause is pipeline clogging.
If the filter or throttle clogs, the performance of the refrigerator falls, noise occurs due to increased load on the motor.
|What to do: remove blockage with special equipment.|
|The noise started after refilling freon.||If you "go too far" with freon, this will not go unnoticed. As a result, the production of cold decreases and the equipment thunders.||What to do: watch, ask the master to "bleed" excess refrigerant.|
|There is noise and ice on the freezer evaporator.||
The evaporator heater has burnt out.
Ice prevents the motor from functioning normally, and in times of particularly heavy load, loud noises can be heard. Sound through the pipeline can go to the radiator, and the buzz will be strong.
When there is too much ice, the coolant is in a "semi-liquid" form, because of which the motor runs on a "wet course" and with a clang. A hydrostatic shock and a complete failure of the compressor may occur.
What to do: check the heater for a breakdown. Call the chain tester at the time of the break.
If the heater burns out, replace it with your own hands or call a specialist.
|Strong and sharp growl and shutdown.||The protective relay is broken.||What to do: replace the relay with a similar part.|
|The refrigeration technique is aggressively noisy during the engine start-up.||Burnout of the electric motor of the fan.||
What to do: Armed with a tester, check the winding for a short circuit or a breakdown to the body.
Both cases require the replacement of the cooler engine.
|A strong hum from the back wall.||The motor-compressor motor burned out.||
What to do: to make sure the malfunction, you need to touch the motor. If it's too hot, it's a sign of a breakdown.
Need a replacement part.
How to reduce noise
Above you have seen the intermediate tips. We systematized all the methods and placed them in one memo. But this is only relevant for a working refrigerator:
- Provideflat surfaceunder the fridge. Attach the anti-vibration pads.
- Move aside the techniquefrom kitchen furniture, walls, other appliances.
- Set up the disheson the shelves so that there are gaps between them of a few centimeters.
- Turn off the second camera, if you do not use it and if there is a technical possibility.
- Use specialinsulating panelsto close especially loud parts.
- Attach the chamber with insulationfrom the inside.
In addition to the hum, the owners of the refrigerators complain about clicks, creaking, gurgling and other moments that are absolutely normal. But if before such sounds were not observed, any new noise should be the reason for conducting an unplanned maintenance and diagnostics. It is easier to prevent damage than repair it.