When a light bulb does not work in a refrigerator, it is very inconvenient to use it. The problem should be urgently disposed of, and for this purpose it is necessary to find the cause of the malfunction. What kind of bulbs are installed in the refrigerator, how they work and why they fail, read in the article.
Content of the material:
1Types of lighting in the refrigerator
- 1.1Location of luminaires in the chamber
- 2Why does not lighting work?
3Self-replacement lamp in refrigerators of different brands
- 3.1In the refrigerator "Samsung" and "Atlant"
- 3.2For the brand "Indesit"
- 3.3For refrigeration equipment brands Stinol and "Biryusa"
- 4Prevention of malfunction
Types of lighting in the refrigerator
Different brands of modern refrigerators are equipped with different lighting. Lighting devices in older models also differ. Before you start looking for breakdown, you need to understand the features of lighting the camera.
- In older refrigerators, the incandescent lamp was most often used, which was located on the ceiling of the chamber.
The principle of operation is quite simple: next to the door there is a button button. Closing the refrigerator, you press it, the lights turn off, and vice versa. Plus, incandescent lamps at an affordable price, but the service life is only 1000 hours.
- Halogen lamps are similar in structure to the previous ones. They also radiate heat when working, but the light is brighter than that of incandescent lamps. At high light output the device consumes a minimum of electricity.
- Fluorescent lighting can be distinguished by cold white light. These lamps do not heat up during operation and serve from , 00 to 1, 00 hours.
- LED lighting is used in modern refrigerators. This is the most economical and safe type. Lamps do not heat up, serve up to 11 years, consume a minimum of electricity - from 15 to 40 watts. However, replacing them yourself is difficult.
The complexity of LED lighting in its management. The simplest option is the trigger button described by yours. There may also be a relay or a microcontroller.
Location of luminaires in the chamber
Fixtures can change the location in the camera, depending on the brand and model of the refrigerator.
- The lamp is attached to the side wall. This is the most common type of placement. It can be combined with start buttons and temperature sensors.
- The luminaire is located on the top panel. Not too successful placement, because the lower shelves are very poorly lit.
- The best location is on the back wall. The lamp does not overlap anything, it illuminates the entire camera.
- Quite a rare setting - on the visor. Not too well, there is not much light in the cell.
If the light in the refrigerator does not burn, then you need to look for the cause of the failure.
Why does not lighting work?
Opening the refrigerator door, you may notice that the light does not light up, or the lamp flashes frequently. The latter happens because of the voltage drop in the network. Therefore, it is recommended to install RCD automatic devices for appliances with a high power consumption.
Why there is no lighting, and what needs to be checked:
- Click the switch: there may be no electricity in the house.
- Inspect the power cord. Perhaps its insulation has been damaged - a replacement is required.
- Check that the electrical outlet is working properly. To do this, connect another device to it. If it works, the socket is okay.
- Follow the work. Does it turn on after a while? Maybe the malfunction lies in the refrigerator itself.
- The most likely option is that the bulb burned out in the refrigerator, so a replacement is needed.
- The cartridge or its contacts could also be damaged, which complicates self-repair.
If the diagnosis has confirmed that the reason is in the lamp, the replacement is simple.
Self-replacement lamp in refrigerators of different brands
Before making a replacement, look at what type of lamp you have, and also measure the base. In some models, the lamp is equipped with a plafond, which must be removed beforehand.
In the refrigerator "Samsung" and "Atlant"
These models are equipped with plafonds. To get to them, unplug the refrigerator from the power.
- Remove the baskets and trays that will prevent you from replacing.
- Unscrew and remove the fixing screw.
- Disconnect the wiring.
- Remove the protective tape, if provided.
- Unscrew and replace the bulb with a similar model.
For the brand "Indesit"
If the bulb burned in the refrigerator "Indesit proceed as follows:
- Unscrew the fastener from one side of the plafond. In models "Indesit" the plafond is not removed completely.
- Move the part of the plafond aside to open the lamp.
- Unscrew the burnt device and install a new one.
For refrigeration equipment brands Stinol and "Biryusa"
Manufacturers decided not to fix the ceiling with screws. Therefore, you just need to press the plafond on both sides. If the latches do not move away, unscrew them with a flat screwdriver. Then unscrew the lamp and replace.
In some models, it installs LED lighting. Then the plafond is removed together with the electronic unit.
- Remove the cover by unfastening the latches.
- Unscrew bolts of fastening.
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the unit.
- Replace in the reverse order.
Watch the video on the topic:.
Prevention of malfunction
Lighting in the refrigerator will last much longer if you follow simple rules:
- Monitor the humidity in the chamber. Droplets of moisture, condensation cause damage to electronic equipment. Contacts and wiring in the camera are damaged.
- Connect the equipment only to an earthed socket, through the RCD. This will help to avoid voltage drops.
- When buying a refrigerator, pay attention to the type of lighting. LED backlighting is the most reliable and durable.
As you can see, it's easy to replace a light bulb. Be attentive to your technique, observe the rules of operation and installation.