- Method 1. Cleaning the microwave with lemon acid or lemon juice (for medium and heavy soiling)
- Method 2. Cleaning the microwave with a soda (for medium soiling)
- Method 3. Cleaning with the help of "steam room" (for prevention and weak pollution)
- Method 4. Cleaning with vinegar (for strong soiling)
- Method 5. Cleaning the microwave with a sponge and "Fairy" (for mild and medium pollution)
- Method 6. Cleaning the microwave with a wiper (without a "bath")
- And some more useful advice
All the most effective and quick ways to clean the inside of the microwave are based on one principle - the creation of a steam bath and a vapor spray trap for cleaning products. The effect of the trap will be created by the stove itself, our task is to make an effective washing solution from the means, which, fortunately, probably already exist in your kitchen cupboard.
Method 1. Cleaning the microwave with lemon acid or lemon juice (for medium and heavy soiling)
This method allows not only to quickly clean the microwave oven from the inside of fat and carbon deposits, but also to remove unpleasant odors. However, if the chamber of your microwave oven is covered with enamel, then it is not necessary to regularly use citric acid for washing it.
What will be required:water (400-500 ml), a container for water and 1 tablespoon of citric acid or 4 tablespoons of lemon juice from 2 medium lemons and the remains from them.
- Fill the dishes with water, pour citric acid into it, or squeeze out the juice from the two lemons cut in two, and then put the halves of the fruit themselves as shown in the photo below.
- Next, put the container in the chamber and turn on the microwave for maximum power for 2-5 minutes - depending on the degree of contamination.
- When the microwave turns off, it's worth to wait another 5-15 minutes.
- We take out the dishes, wipe the oven inside with a sponge or a rag, in difficult places, wetting the sponge in the same solution.
Method 2. Cleaning the microwave with a soda (for medium soiling)
If citric acid is not at hand, and you do not grow a lemon tree at home, and generally prefer to use citrus for their intended purpose, then you will help baking soda, which settles on the walls of the chamber in the form of condensate and dissolves the dried spray and mud.
What will be required:water (400-500 ml), a container for water and 1 tablespoon of soda.
Recipe:our task is to make a solution that settles on the walls of the chamber in the form of condensate and dissolves the dried spray and dirt. To do this, fill the dishes with water, pour soda into it, put it in the chamber at the maximum power for 2-5 minutes, and then leave the oven alone for another 5 minutes. Then it remains only to wipe the camera clean, in difficult places, wetting a sponge or rag in the same soda solution.
Method 3. Cleaning with the help of "steam room" (for prevention and weak pollution)
This is the easiest way to clean the microwave oven, which you can do without, if the oven does not have strong and old stains.
What will be required:water (400-500 ml) and a container for water.
Recipe:fill the tank with water, put it in the microwave oven and turn it on for 10-15 minutes at maximum power. When the microwave turns off, without opening the door, let the generated hot condensate "work" more five minutes, and then gently pull out a plate of water and begin to clean the softened dirt with a sponge or napkin. If the layer of fat and carbon is more serious, then the water should be heated for 2-3 hours at medium temperature.
Method 4. Cleaning with vinegar (for strong soiling)
Vinegar will help to wash even the most neglected microwave effectively and quickly, but its smell in the process of cleaning will have to suffer. And one more thing - if the camera of your microwave oven is covered with enamel, then we do not recommend using this method too often.
What will be required:water (400-500 ml), a container for water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar (9%) or 1 teaspoon of 70% essence.
Recipe:First of all, open the window, so that the smell of acid can be eroded. Then pour water into the plate, pour a bite into it, put the solution in the chamber and turn on the microwave for 2-5 minutes, depending on the degree of contamination. Now we give the vinegar vapors a little more time to dissolve the dirt on the walls of the chamber and start washing the microwave oven from inside with a sponge or a soft brush. When you are finished, flush the equipment from the facility itself.
Method 5. Cleaning the microwave with a sponge and "Fairy" (for mild and medium pollution)
Perhaps you thought that it would be a normal mechanical cleaning? Not at all, although we can not do without it, but now we offer a slightly different method, which is suitable for washing a slightly soiled microwave.
What will be required:any sponge (except for metal, of course), water for soaking it, as well as any dishwashing liquid like "Fairy "Dosi etc.
Recipe:on a sponge moistened with water, squeeze out a detergent the size of 1 ruble coin, then thoroughly foaming it, squeezing and unclenching the sponge. Next, put it in the camera and start the microwave at the minimum power for 30 seconds, making sure that the sponge does not start to melt. Now open the door and launder the vapor-softened scales of fat and spray with the same sponge. In the next video, you can clearly see the process and the result of cleaning in this way.
See also: How to clean the washing machine from dirt and scale in 5 steps.
Method 6. Cleaning the microwave with a wiper (without a "bath")
And here is another good and safe way for cleaning with the use of household chemicals, though without creating the effect of "bath."
What will be required:sponge, water, as well as any liquid for washing glasses.
Recipe:first turn off your oven from the power supply. Then mix the cleaning solution from the liquid for washing glasses and water in the following proportions:. The solution should be so much that it is enough to clean the oven both outside and inside. Then, abundantly moisten the sponge in the cleaning solution and wipe the inside of the microwave, including the ring and the plate. Dried stains should be soaked in the wiper for 5 minutes. Next, thoroughly wipe the entire chamber with a clean rag soaked in water so that there is not any dirt left on the walls, no wiper remains, nor its smell.
And some more useful advice
- The procedure for cleaning the camera from the inside is recommended as follows: first we take out the ring and the glass plate from the oven, then wipe the top wall and grate, then - the sidewalls, then the bottom, and finally the door as shown in the photo below.
- Clean the microwave oven at least once or twice a month. During this time, the spots of fat will not have time to age.
- In order not to run your assistant and rarely wash it, use a special plastic hood that protects the microwave oven from the splashes of hot food. The hood can replace glass transparent dishes or food film.
- With citric acid and vinegar it is important not to overdo it during the heating of the solution or soaking, especially if the interior finish of the chamber is enameled.
- Old age spots of fat that are not removed even after the "bath you can try to remove a rag soaked in olive oil.
- Be careful when bringing the microwave in order. Do not use metal sponges and sponges that crumble strongly. After all, the ingress of foreign particles into the lattice can cause ignition of the device. Also, we recommend that you refrain from experiments with household chemicals and use only specialized means or those described in our article (glass cleaner, dishwashing liquid and "homemade" facilities). The use of hazardous chemicals can also cause the device to ignite.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners to clean the microwave oven, so as not to damage its housing.
- And, of course, we recall that if the food "exploded" in the process of cooking or warming up, leaving splashes of fat and pieces of food on the inside walls of the oven, then it is better to remove them immediately.
- . 7 ways to clean the frying pans from soot, grease and rust.
- . 6 ways to clean a burnt or old saucepan.
- . How to get rid of bugs in the kitchen?
- . How to clean the kettle from scale - 6 home remedies.
- . We clean the hood from fat - quickly, simply, effectively.
- . 8 ways to clean pipes from obstructions.
- . 6 factors that you need to know before buying a microwave oven.