When we hear the word "greenhouse we immediately present a detached structure or a greenhouse located in the middle of the garden. However, the last time in the suburban areas, cottages began to gain popularity quite interesting. plus to this, a rational version of the greenhouse device - a walled greenhouse..
- One-run greenhouse
- Wall greenhouse with own hands
- Wall greenhouse made of polycarbonate
This solution is convenient, practical from any point of view: reducing the cost of construction, heating (as the construction is adjacent to the wall of a residential house), saving space on the site.
Photo of the greenhouse:.
This form of the roof contributes to the natural removal of natural precipitation, the sun's rays will penetrate into the greenhouse at an angle of 90 degrees, evenly scattered throughout the area of the room. Why exactly from polycarbonate? This modern building material is ideal for buildings of this type: it passes solar rays, while protecting plants from ultraviolet (special polycarbonate, recommended specifically for greenhouses). This cellular material is not afraid of strong frosts, as well as of extreme heat, it has a light weight (14 times lighter than glass), high strength (50 times stronger than the same glass). Polycarbonate is easy to install, it is well drilled, cut, plastic, has good thermal insulation.
A walled greenhouse made of polycarbonate can be used for its intended purpose, and can be used as a winter garden, rest room or even a small gym. You can make an internal entrance / exit directly from home, spend heating, electricity - in a word, arrange this annex on your own. However, in our article we are talking about a greenhouse for plants, so we will consider a polycarbonate construction in this context. To maximize the use of natural natural light, it is recommended to attach a greenhouse to the south side of the house. Thus, the "coldest" northern side will be blocked - this is just required for the comfortable development, growth of plants.
Simplified version of a walled greenhouse, photo:↑ back to content ↑
Wall greenhouse with own hands
To erect a temporary frame, hastily knocked down in strategic locations, covered with polyethylene film is quite easy, the specifics of the arrangement of such a construction does not require a detailed description. Therefore, we will consider a more complicated version, with the laying of the foundation, the installation of a durable frame. A single-walled greenhouse with its own hands is attached to the load-bearing part of the house, the foundation performs a role support for the future framework, the traditional tape foundation is best suited for this the buildings.
Let's consider the working stages in more detail:
- We make measurements of the greenhouse, mark the boundaries of the foundation according to the plan.
- We cut the pegs along the outer corners of the perimeter, stretch the twine (rope).
- By digging a trench under the foundation, the width is about 25-30 cm, the depth is determined individually (according to the degree of soil freezing in your region in winter). Whatever it was, the recommended depth of the basement should be at least half a meter.
- At the corners of the trench, we install bearing supports - they are the backbone of the frame. If wooden bases are planned, the buried parts of the supports must be previously covered with resin (or burned on fire). Such a method will prolong the operational life of wooden parts, prevent the destruction, decay.
- Those supports that are adjacent to the wall of a residential building must be securely attached to it. If this tree, then it is fastened with the help of construction staples, if metal, then it can be fastened to the wall using impact dowels or special fasteners.
- At the bottom of the foundation trench, cover a layer of crushed stone, about 10 cm.
- We mix cement mortar (cement, gravel of fine fraction, water, sand). If we consider the proportions of building materials by weight, the composition will look something like this: 10 kg of cement, 30 kg of sand, 40 kg of gravel, 40-50 liters of water (here we take into account the initial moisture of the sand).
- Cover the gravel cushion with the resulting concrete solution.
- We install lighthouse blocks (in our case hollow ones) at the corners of the foundation (we press them into freshly-cast concrete). We take the building level and thus lay out the whole foundation with these blocks.
- In the excavation of the blocks we pour cement mortar, and the block masonry is strengthened on the sides by the earth (padding).
- To ensure that everything was neat, align the top of the fill with a trowel, at this stage, the foundation should be at the same level with the soil surface.
- Starting from the corners, lay out 5 rows of red bricks (it does not fear moisture), do not forget about the stretched twine (for flat masonry).
- After the masonry has solidified, we cover the seams.
Next comes the installation of the frame, as mentioned above, it can be steel, wooden, aluminum or plastic. In any case, the material must be strong, stable, light. If we consider the installation of a wooden version, then initially installed, fixed the lower horizontal leg (wooden bar - pillar support). The upper leg is attached to the wall by staples or suitable fasteners. With the help of tape pakli or jute, all existing slots are sealed. Next, install slopes between the top and bottom of the foot, fixing is done by means of a tie-in..
The frame of the walled greenhouse, photo:
When a single-walled greenhouse is being erected, the slope of the roof is calculated in advance according to the climatic characteristics of the region of residence (nature, rainfall, wind force). The optimal angle of inclination should be 25-35 degrees. The drainage system is mounted on one side. Folders (places under them, hinges) are determined during the installation of cross-pieces of the roof..
The frame of the greenhouse is fixed with screws, metal corners, screws, nails. If the tree is replaced with metal, then the corresponding fastener elements are used, a welding machine is used. At the stage of the frame installation, the entrance doors are installed (if they are initially defined by the project). Wall-mounted greenhouse, with its own hands erected, implies the installation of the same number of cross-members of the frame. If, for example, the length of the structure is 5 meters, then on the back (adjacent to the house) and on the front wall should be placed on 12 vertical crossbars. A similar number of rafters also go to the installation of the roof (do not forget about the angle of inclination).↑ back to content ↑
Wall greenhouse made of polycarbonate
Cutting polycarbonate sheets is made "in size all measurements should be made especially carefully. To avoid breaking the sheet, fixing holes must be drilled at least 4-5 cm from the edge. To preserve the internal microclimate, heat, especially if a walled winter greenhouse is erected, all docking spots on polycarbonate should be sealed with special tape (seal joints). Condensate should not accumulate in the cavities of the material, especially in the lower and upper ends. Reinforced aluminum scotch is perfect for these purposes. The joining of sheets of polycarbonate and a frame of a hothouse is made by means of special thermoshocks, rubber linings.
Installation of polycarbonate, photo:
For more reliability, in order to be completely sure that your one-run greenhouse has proper sealing, carefully check all the docking seams. Examine the basement area, the place of joining the frame with the supporting wall, the roof, carefully blow out all the detected slots with mounting foam or plaster. At the final stage, electricity is being provided in the greenhouse, additional heat sources are being installed, and the interior interior (racks, paths) is being equipped.
Separately it is worth mentioning a more simplified version of the coating for the greenhouse - a dense polyethylene or reinforced film. The wall greenhouse of the film has the same frame as its polycarbonate analogue. The difference is only in the material of the coating, which is wound on the rail, after which it is nailed with thin nails to the lower bed and the frames of the frame. The width of the film should be equal to the length of the rack.
Wall greenhouse from the film, photo:
Such a greenhouse is not designed for the winter season. Reiki with film, if desired, are extracted from the depressions formed by nails (for example, on a warm day). With the onset of night or cool weather, the film descends to its place (the slats are set to the original position). Reinforced film is more durable, better keeps the heat. With the onset of autumn, slats with film are removed, washed, carefully dried, cleaned in the room until next season. With gentle handling, the film can last up to 5 years..
With properly conducted work, properly adjusted ventilation and irrigation system, your wall greenhouse will be the optimal place for comfortable development, plant growth. And if you spend heating in it, you can accelerate the ripening of vegetable crops, increase yields.