Some say that Jerusalem artichoke to taste like a pear, hence the name of the earth pear, others, turnips. Tastes of different interpretations are related to the fact that the root crop is a guest from faraway Brazil, which appeared in Russia in the distant seventeenth century.
Our ancestors paid tribute to his useful qualities.Respectfully called - the Volga turnip. Used in cooking, drugs. Today, alas, the root crop does not enjoy such respect..
Table of contents
- What is Jerusalem artichoke?
- Useful and medicinal properties
- Contraindications of this plant
- Agrotehnika of Jerusalem artichoke
- Treatment of an earthen pear
What is Jerusalem artichoke?
Perennial, plant tuberous herbaceous from the genus of sunflower.The above-ground part - high stems, heart-shaped leaves, inflorescences of yellow color, a basket similar to a sunflower. Powerful root system with shoots, similar to the shoots of strawberries, and tubers, cone-shaped. Flowering plant from July to September, harvesting the end of September, October.
Jerusalem artichoke grows around the globe, has an unthinkable number of names.It is called the Jerusalem artichoke and barbels, earthen pear and bulb. In the tradition of many peoples, respect for the earthen pear is due to the knowledge of its amazing properties.
Root is very useful. Inclusion of it in the diet is recommended not only to healthy people. Its medicinal properties are known.
Tubers are used to make sugar, they make alcohol, secrete yeast. Stems and leaves go to silage, a valuable feed for livestock, with a high content of vitamins.
The plant is used in forestry. For example, 2015-2016 have become problematic for forestry in Tambov, Ryazan regions. To wild animals, especially wild boars and moose, did not go to other places, foresters planted Jerusalem artichoke. Quickly grown quality food (tops, roots) "kept" the animals in the habitual habitat.
Nutritional value of tubers of earthen pear significantly exceeds potatoes.But the main difference is that instead of starch, inulin, organic soluble sugar, which multiplies the nutritional value of the root vegetable.
Useful and medicinal properties
Jerusalem artichoke is an unconditional masterpiece of nature, presented to man. Useful substances of its composition are necessary for the life of the human body.
Composition of an earthen pear is an illustrative illustration of the entire periodic table:
- calcium- the coordinator of the work of cell membranes, blood coagulability, the regulator of nerve conduction, the work of muscles, the cardiovascular system, responsible for the formation of bone, muscle, and dental tissue;
- phosphorus- the main partner of calcium responsible for the growth and recovery of the body, the conductor of vitally important glucose, vitamins A, B, D;
- magnesium- an optimizer for more than 300 processes of the body's enzymes, responsible for immunity, blood clotting, the work of the nervous and muscular system, metabolism;
- silicon- assistant to the assimilation of magnesium, calcium, regulates metabolic processes, helps the formation of a variety of enzymes, hormones, amino acids, promotes the growth of bone and muscle tissue;
- sodium- responsible for water exchange, the process of hydration of proteins, the delivery of amino acids, glucose through cell membranes;
- potassium- maintains blood composition, activates enzymes, regulates protein and carbohydrate metabolism, is necessary for excretory function of the kidneys, normal functioning of the intestine, nervous system, heart contractions, responsible for arterial pressure;
- iodine- is necessary for energy metabolism, normalization of biochemical reactions, development of body growth with the help of thyroid hormones, affects brain function;
Also in the root crop, zinc, copper, selenium, manganese, iron, cobalt and other microelements. The composition of minerals is balanced. Using root vegetables for food, a person replenishes the body with these necessary elements in full.
Jerusalem artichoke - vitamin cocktail. A full set of B vitamins, vitamins C, D, A, E. Their combined effect promotes the rejuvenation of the body, increasing its resistance, endurance.
The root crop is valuable in that it includes:
- fructose, classified as the sweetest organic saccharide, normalizes blood sugar level, strengthens immunity, prevents caries;
- inulin, a substance that, as a result of the decay, produces fructose and glucose, activates the body's defenses, removes radionuclides, heavy metals, reduces intoxication, prevents the formation of tumors, helps reduce weight;
- pectins, substances, sorbing fat, lowering the level of cholesterol, able to purify the body of toxins, toxins, radionuclides, are not absorbed by the body, are enterosorbent;
- cellulose, a necessary substance for the smooth functioning of the intestines, reducing cholesterol, purifying the body of carcinogens;
- protein, the building basis of the body.
A unique set of organic acids in its composition:
which optimize metabolic processes in the human body, increase resistance due to bactericidal and antioxidant properties, favor the work of the gastrointestinal tract, normalize the production of bile, saliva, pancreatic juice glands..
Root crops are considered a therapeutic dietary food.Recommended for people with diabetes, for their ability to regulate blood sugar. It is a cure for diabetes, growing in the garden.
Drug at an elevated cholesterol level. Pectin prevents the formation of new plaques, removes triglycerides, eliminating the causes of cholelithiasis and atherosclerosis.
The plant is useful for the treatment of constipation, obesity, thrombophlebitis. The constant use of tubers in food can prevent the onset of cancer problems!
Traditional medicine recommends the inclusion in the diet of Jerusalem artichoke, as well as the preparation of medicines based on it for such diseases as:
- salt deposits;
- increased acidity;
- osteochondrosis, arthrosis;
- injuries, burns;
- stomach ulcer, gastritis;
- insomnia, depressive disorders.
The list is impressive, but not complete.The main advantage in a number of medicinal properties of the plant should be allocated prevention.
Contraindications of this plant
No,obvious contraindications on the use of medicinal products from root vegetables, it is not revealed. Also there are no prohibitions on its use in food. Only a sense of proportion is important. This gift of the gods will not hurt any of us.
It is not known how babies react when breastfeeding, if a miracle-vegetable appears in the mother's diet, there are no statistics for pregnant women. It is proved thatall from 10 years and until old age can and should be used..
Agrotehnika of Jerusalem artichoke
Agrotechnics is similar to the cultivation of potatoes.The plant is not whimsical, grows on almost any soil. He likes high-quality cultivation of the land, manure.
Dug up the tubers produce a landing. Use whole and halves. Plant to a depth of 10 cm with a distance between tubers and rows 50X50.
Fall in front of the cold in autumn, so that the plant does not sprout. Spring shoots appear after 20 days at a temperature of 3 °. During the shoots, it is necessary to loosen the aisles a couple of times to open the air in the soil.
To increase the yield, the apex of the stems is plucked a month after the shoots or when the stem reaches a meter height.Weeding weeds, watering in arid summer, hilling - traditional methods of increasing yields. However, this culture and the slacker will feed. It grows without care, giving a good harvest.
Clubbing begins in August. When it is necessary to release part of the plantation from the overgrown plant, the stems are mowed in early July, which leads to a natural attenuation of the growth of the crop..
Treatment of an earthen pear
Medicinal properties are possessed by leaves, stems and plant roots.Fresh juice is used to reduce acidity, treat the gastrointestinal tract. Juice is drunk on a teaspoon before eating.
Skin diseases, burns, gout are treated with a gruel from the leaves. Compresses on plantain, gauze bandages with pounded leaves, can be taken without restrictions.Useful baths with decoction of stems and leaves. Bucket a third fill with a green mass of Jerusalem artichoke, pour water around 90 °, insist, drain, pour in a bath with water of comfortable temperature. Baths help with atherosclerosis, cardiovascular diseases, problems with the musculoskeletal system.
Daily use of root vegetables for food makes a person noticeable among others. Smooth face, white healthy teeth, good hair, excellent skin turgor without wrinkles, signs of those who know a lot about this vegetable culture.
Cosmetic Tricks for cooking beauty potions based on plants:
- mask, chop the peeled tuber, put the mass on the face, shoulders and décolletage area with a thin layer, leave for half an hour, rinse with warm water. Usually, the sensation of dryness does not arise, if necessary, use a moisturizing cream based on plant components, for example, chamomile;
- lotion, squeeze the juice of leaves, dilute with spring water wipe in the morning and evening. Within a few days it will be difficult to recognize your reflection in the mirror;