How to properly clean the washing machine from scaling and dirt inside
Without washing clothes it is difficult to imagine everyday life. The manual time and effort after a hard working day is sorely lacking. A clever girl and an assistant - a machine-gun comes to the rescue. Threw dirty laundry - pressed the button - and after an hour or two things are clean. The service life of this miracle of technology is about 10 years. But dust, dirt, "hard" tap water significantly shorten this period. There may be a disaster that one day the machine will stop working without any apparent reason, although the reason is in fact it is scum. Deposits of heavy metal salts on a tubular electric heater (TEN) lead to a complete stop of the machine operation. If the machine suddenly stopped working, the first step is to determine what is the cause of the breakdown. According to statistics, the main causes of this trouble are the formation of scale on the TEN and dense filter clogging. We will tell in our article whether there is a prevention of the formation of these deposits and how to clean the washing machine from scaling and dirt inside.
- 1Cleaning the filter of the drain pump of the machine
- 2We get rid of dirt in the detachable department for powder and detergents
3How to clean the heater in the washing machine from scale
- 3.1How to clean from a calcareous coating of citric acid
- 3.2Cleaning inside with vinegar
4Remove dirt from the automatic machine drum
- 4.1Option to remove calcareous plaque (video)
- 4.2Another good way to remove scum (video)
Cleaning the filter of the drain pump of the machine
Few people know about the existence of this filter, and its clogging is not uncommon. An uninformed person can give fabulous money to a master who will undertake to "repair" the car, although there is no breakage as such - it is simply necessary to remove dirt from the drain filter. It is on the front side of the car, at the very bottom, you can see the square outlines of the cover. What to do next?
- Opening the lid, you will see the plug closing the drain hose. Before you pull out the cork, replace the container - water may pour from the hose.
- At the stopper, you instantly see the cause of the clog - all the buttons, hair, peel from the seeds and other contaminants get into the drain filter after each wash. If he has never washed, an unpleasant smell is possible. Hand in the glove to release the filter from the accumulated dirt.
- Dry the filter with a dry cloth.
It is advisable to wash out the drainage opening of the filter after each wash, at least 2 times a month.
We get rid of dirt in the detachable department for powder and detergents
Most often, nobody looks into this container - they poured the powder into the tank, poured the conditioner for the laundry, and slammed it forward. But if you look there, you can see a lot of interesting things. There will be dirt, black stains in the form of mold and even fungus. Unpleasant spectacle, and most importantly - these all the dirt with each wash are in contact with the drum and your laundry. How to remove dirt from the container for powder and get rid of mold:
- The capacity is easily removed from the compartment. Take out the receiver for the powder, take the sponge, or better - the old toothbrush, soap with laundry soap and try to clean all the accumulated deposits of dirt and mold.
- In the reservoir for air conditioning can be plaque. It is easy to get rid of the plaque using a means for removing contaminants from the toilet. You can take an inexpensive remedy with chlorine, pour 20-30 ml into the compartment. Allow to stand for 1-2 hours. The mold particles will dissolve together with the plaque.
- It is not difficult to clean the powder container - therefore, prophylaxically rinse the reservoir after every 3-5 washings to avoid the formation of contaminants and mold.
How to clean the heater in the washing machine from scale
This element is most susceptible to breakage. If your tap water has an increased level of "hardness i.e. The amount of impurities in the form of metals, salts and rust exceeds the norm, the risk of premature failure of the tenon is very high. It forms a layer of scale, which grows with each wash. When the scale becomes too much, the heater (tubular electric heater) does not allow the machine to even turn on the washing program. You will learn about the failure of the electric heater, if the machine in the midst of work suddenly turned off, and from that moment completely ceased to work.
How to clean from a calcareous coating of citric acid
Habitual for us, lemon juice helps to remove scum. The amount of citric acid powder depends on how much the "heating" element is overgrown with a scum. On average, 5 automatic sachets of lemon juice are required for a machine with a loading of 5 kg. Of these, 4 pcs. pour into a powder bowl, 1 pc. - in the drum itself. Set the washing mode with the maximum temperature - 90-95 ° C..
At the time of draining the water, you will see whole pieces of dirty gray scale coming out. The main thing is that the splinters of the plaque do not clog the drain hose - otherwise you will have to clean it manually..
You can use citric acid twice a month.
Cleaning inside with vinegar
Descaling with TEN vinegar is less popular than the previous one, but it also has a place to be on the forums on the Internet. Acetic acid is more aggressive than lemon. When it is used, the flatteners (rubber bands) of the machine can be damaged. However, it is better and faster to remove scurf from the electric heater.
Vinegar is poured into the hole for the powder and for the conditioner in an amount of 50 ml. Can you trust this folk remedy - it's up to you. Assess reasonably all of the above.
Remove dirt from the automatic machine drum
It can also accumulate dirt and calcareous deposits. Some models have automatic drum cleaning function. It is enough to press the button and you can observe the process without any interference. How to wash the drum, if there is no such special function - a few topical tips:
- Pour in the drum of the machine itself - a machine with 100 ml of bleach. Start the wash program without laundry with a temperature of at least 60 ° C. The drum will be cleaned, unpleasant smells will be eliminated.
- Pour 2 bags of citric acid into the empty drum. Start the washing mode with the maximum temperature. Well, if there is a dual rinse mode - it will help remove the entire plaque.
- Prepare a solution of soda ash to rinse the machine: stir the powder in water in a ratio of 1 to 1. The mixture is rubbed with a drum and a rubber gasket around (always wearing gloves!), Then let it stand so with the door open for half an hour. After the sponge remove the remains and remove the particles invisible to the eye by using the quick-idle mode (without things).
- The CMA door should be left ajar until the drum dries completely after each wash. Otherwise, it will have an unpleasant smell, which will have to be removed.
Option to remove calcareous plaque (video)
Another good way to remove scum (video)
It turns out, to clean the domestic assistant from the scum and dirt inside can be easily and inexpensively. Do not forget about the means of prevention, then you will need to clean less often.
The material is updated on 07/10/2017.