Washing machine: we master the rules of competent care
Washing machine, from the first days of its appearance in the house, becomes the main assistant for washing and rinsing the laundry. This item of household appliances is often used and requires careful and careful treatment. If, during the operation of the washing machine, minimal maintenance is carried out, the life of the device is at least doubled. Most often, the washing machine breaks down due to the lack of proper maintenance of the device in cleanliness and order.
External care of the washing machine - 5 basic rules
The average washing machine is designed for 7-10 years of operation. First of all, it is worth to carefully read the instructions attached to the device. It is not superfluous to take note of several topical tips on how to provide the necessary care for a washing machine.
- Correct installation. Initially, check the installation process of the washing machine. The device should stand on a flat horizontal surface, without inclines to the side and laying under the bottom of the "newspaper" for greater stability or equalization.
- Connection to power supply / water supply. Do not twist the hoses and the electrical cable. Also, the hose and cable must be intact, without ruptures and minimal damage. It is good, if there is an opportunity to provide the machine with protection against voltage drop.
- Free top surface. On the top panel of the machine should not be foreign objects, buckets, powders, various liquids. The surface of the washing machine must be free, clean and dry.
- Cleaning the case. Behind the exterior of the washing machine, the automatic machine is very easy to care for. Once in 2 weeks, wipe the device with a damp soft sponge (without detergents), then wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
- Check out the drain. At the first wash, pay attention to the drain pipe. As a prevention of leaks, a separate multi-level protection system is recommended.
Internal care of the washing machine
The machine for washing requires careful internal care. Not a single compartment and element should remain without attention. The working capacity of the device depends on each of them, therefore it is necessary to provide the whole machine care, take care of it and from time to time conduct prevention to prevent sudden breakdown.
- Compartment for washing powder and conditioner for laundry after 3-5 washes should be washed under running water with a sponge to remove detergent residues. If care of the compartment is not done, then grains of powder eventually turn into a stone plaque, from which to get rid of is much more difficult.
- To prevent the appearance of scale on a tubular electric heater, it is necessary to run a washing machine once a month without linen with citric acid. 200 g of citric acid, fill it in the powder compartment, 2 more tablespoons. lemon - in an empty drum. Start the wash in the mode with the highest possible heating of the water (90-95 degrees). This is a minimum maintenance of the machine, as an alternative - you can use special descaler, or put a filter on the machine to soften the water.
- To protect the drum and glass door from scratches, linen with metal fittings, rivets, zippers, should be turned inside out. Ideal option - to use for things with metal elements bags for washing.
- Regular cleaning of the trash collection compartment at the bottom of the washing machine will prevent mold and odor. The compartment is located on the body of the machine-automaton at the very bottom. It accumulates seeds, buttons, hair, coins, etc., which have got from the laundry into the drum. Without care, the compartment can clog, all garbage will remain in the device. In this case, the laundry after washing will have a musty smell. Timely care will eliminate this problem.
Important! Do not overload the washing machine, completely loading the drum with a large volume of laundry. The manufacturer indicates in kg, the weight of the wet laundry is calculated by the machine. Overloading with excess weight of laundry is fraught with engine wear, and if the drum compartment is heavily overloaded, the engine may burn..