How to clean the remote control from the TV
Everything that we take in hand is covered with dirt over time, is not an exception, and the remote control from the TV.Even if we wipe it with a cloth every evening, the dirt particles will still fall between the buttons and remain there. How can this be avoided and how to clean the remote?
Table of Contents
- 1 Complete Cleaning
- 2 Cleaning the Outside
- 3 Precautions
The TV console panels in the kitchen are particularly dirty. The situation may reach the point that the buttons will no longer be pressed, as they stick in the fat and dust settling on the surface and getting inside. In fact, cleaning the device even inside is not difficult and does not take much time.
- Take the remote control, remove the batteries and inspect it carefully from all sides.
- If there are screws, they will have to be unscrewed with a small screwdriver and put on a saucer so that they are not lost, but most often the two halves are connected to each other with snap fasteners.
- In order to open the TV remote control, you need to push a thin screwdriver into the groove between the bottom and top part and walk around the perimeter, snapping off the fasteners.
- After you disconnect the parts of the console, you will have four parts in your hands: the bottom cover, the top cover with the holes for the buttons, the gasket with the rubber buttons and the board with a light bulb.
- Three parts( covers and buttons) can be washed in warm, soapy water and even rubbed with a brush in order to clean off sticky dirt.
- It is undesirable to wet the board in water, although many do just that, because it is coated with a protective varnish. We advise you to clean the contacts with a cotton swab moistened with alcohol. It is necessary to rub gently so as not to damage the conductive coating.
- When you have finished washing all the parts, dry them thoroughly and put them together.
After this cleaning, any remote control will work like a new one. In addition, microbes will wash off from it, and it will be pleasant to hold it in hands.
For those who are afraid to disassemble any devices, we recommend periodically cleaning the remote from the outside, avoiding such a terrible state when the buttons are no longer pressed. To do this, wet wipes and cotton swabs moistened with alcohol or vodka will do.
If the buttons are difficult to clean with a wand, you can use a sharp toothpick, winding some cotton wool around it.
You cannot wash the unassembled remote in the water, since moisture will remain inside, which will lead to oxidation of the contacts, and your remote control device will cease to function at all.
As soon as you notice that the remote control panel is not functioning properly, check the battery first. Often, they are the cause of the malfunction, and not trapped dirt. If, after external cleaning and replacing the batteries, the remote still refuses to work, it is necessary to carry out internal cleaning, either contact a specialist or simply buy a new device to switch channels.
There are general rules that allow you to maximize the life of the remote from the TV.
- Get a special case for the remote. This will help you protect it from abrasion, from accidentally spilled tea and other liquids, from greasy residue.
- If you do not want to spend money on the case, then make it yourself from polyethylene. Take a transparent bag, wrap the remote control in it, and tape the ends with tape.
- Well, the simplest recommendation is not to take it with dirty hands and put it in a strictly designated place.
As you can see, if necessary, repair is not difficult, and even a child can cope with it. There are, of course, difficult cases where the board is flooded with electrolyte from damaged batteries or the buttons are erased too much. In this case, we advise you to compare the cost of repair with the cost of a new device and dwell on what you like best.
Continuing the theme: repairing the TV remote with their own hands