How to quickly clean the microwave at home
Microwave ovens burst into our everyday life swiftly. Another 35-40 years ago they were elements of science fiction, and today it is difficult to imagine urban cuisine without this convenient device. We defrost frozen food in 5 minutes, warm up the cooled dishes, cook and cook different yummies. No burning, no excess fat. But the insides are polluted as they are used. Especially, if among the users there are not too economical teenagers who even do not come to wash the device after using it from dirt and crumbs. How do I clean the microwave from the sucked spray of grease and liquids?
- 15 rules for cleaning the microwave oven
- 2How to clean the appliance from the inside with household chemicals in 5 minutes
3How to wash from inside at home: ways with lemon, vinegar, soda and other options
- 3.1How to quickly clean the microwave from grease and burning inside: video
- 3.2How effective are the proposed methods: test live (video)
5 rules for cleaning the microwave oven
- Before cleaning the microwave oven, be sure to completely disconnect it from the power supply by removing the plug from the outlet.
- Never use abrasives and metal scouring pads and brushes.
- Try to wash the equipment using a minimum amount of water, so as not to pour accidentally moisture-sensitive elements of the device.
- Do not use aggressive household chemicals to clean the oven outside or inside.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the device yourself, even if the contamination has penetrated inside.
How to clean the appliance from the inside with household chemicals in 5 minutes
Most companies specializing in the production of household chemicals produce finished products. They are usually offered as a spray. Terms and method of application are written on each package, but usually the process boils down to a fairly simple procedure.
To scrape the interior of the device, you spray on the walls and bottom of the oven, leave for a few minutes, and then wipe all surfaces first with a damp and then with a dry soft cloth. Typically, the manufacturer recommends applying the product with caution, avoiding the entry of liquid or gel onto the gratings that cover the magnetron. But efficient and economical housewives know: you can easily do without buying special household chemicals and clean the kitchen assistant in no less effective ways.
How to wash from inside at home: ways with lemon, vinegar, soda and other options
To quickly and easily wipe the stove inside, there are at least 5 ways:
- fresh citrus: lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit;
- citric acid;
- household soap.
- The first method is the most pleasant. In addition to cleaning the surface of the oven, you still aromatize the air inside it and even in the kitchen. You will need one large citrus or two small ones. We need to cut them into pieces (no matter what shape and size), put in a suitable plate and pour a glass of water. Put the capacity in the microwave and turn on the device, setting the maximum power.
The operating time of the oven is from 5 to 20 minutes. After the end of the process, do not remove the container with lemon immediately, let stand inside. Then turn off the appliance from the mains by removing the plug, this is mandatory! Armed with a soft sponge and dry hygroscopic cloth and take the last step. First, remove the softened dirt and grease with a sponge, and then just wipe all the surfaces dry.
It is possible, by the way, to remove dirt not by whole oranges or lemons, but only cut into small pieces of skin. Cleaning the crusts is not significantly different from working with sliced whole fruits. The effect will not decrease at all, but the flavor will be added.
- You can replace fresh citrus with a solution of citric acid. Instead of sliced aromatic fruits, you place a bowl with a solution of citric acid inside the oven: 25 g (1 standard sachet) per 250 ml of water.
Clean the microwave from grease and dirt with citric acid as easily and quickly as fresh lemons, but only the fragrance will not work.
But there will be no sharp smell, which occurs if you decide to treat with vinegar, and not lemonade.
- At home, it is necessary to work with vinegar only if it is well ventilated or under high-quality exhaust. Vinegar vapors effectively act on the dried up fat, but here's the smell... However, you can apply this method if other options are not available.
- Another way to wash the stove at home - a solution of soda. Pour a glass of water into the container, stir a tablespoon of soda and let the device run at a high power of 15-20 minutes. Then wipe, as in the previous versions.
- Finally, I want to recall the old, good and reliable economic soap. Tom himself, which is distinguished by such ugly brownish color and coarse smell. A product that has been neglected is remarkably well cope with many domestic pollution.
To wash the microwave oven with soap, foil it, or just soap them with a soft cloth. Wipe the surfaces inside the microwave and leave for a few minutes. Then remove the remaining soap along with the dirt, wiping several times all surfaces with a damp sponge or towel. Perhaps, after drying at the first start up, there will be a slight smell of organic burnt, but this is if you have not cleaned the soap from the walls.
In order not to often scrub internal surfaces from splashes and droplets of fat, cover the products with special plastic lids or parchment paper.
How to quickly clean the microwave from grease and burning inside: video
How effective are the proposed methods: test live (video)
There are many more ways to get rid of fat and dirt. And which of them do you use?
The material is updated on 09/27/2017.