If you wash in a typewriter things that are impregnated with gasoline, it will not be possible to eliminate this smell quickly. Get rid of it will help degrease all the details of the machine - it will destroy odorous oil molecules. Next, we will share with you useful information on how to remove the smell of gasoline from the washing machine.
Content of the material:
1Why does the smell appear
- 1.1Soda is a popular remedy
- 1.2Vinegar is an effective method
- 1.3Specialty substances
- 1.4Citric acid is a killer
- 1.5Chlorine - we say "no" to unpleasant smells!
- 2Some useful tips
Why does the smell appear
Gasoline in the drum of the stylalka appears naturally: washing clothes, impregnated with strong substances. Often, gasoline is used when necessary to get rid of greasy stains on clothing. Many housewives put things in the AGA, without rinsing them after disinfection. In addition, including the machine at a high temperature regime, you can aggravate the situation. Than to deduce a smell of gasoline?
Important! Before you throw things in the machine, get rid of the smell of gasoline, soaking clothes in a basin of cold water for several hours!
Soda is a popular remedy
If you do not know how to get rid of the smell in a washing machine, use a solution of ordinary soda. There is nothing easier than cleaning the machine, using baking soda, which is almost always in the house. Take 200 g and pour into the detergent compartment. Start any washing program by setting the temperature mode to no higher than 30 degrees. In this case, there should be no things in the drum. Thus, you will be able to eliminate the terrible smell, and the washing machine will continue to clean and dirty laundry qualitatively and effectively, leaving no "scent" of gasoline on it.
Remember! It is forbidden to run a washing program with a temperature above 30 degrees!
Vinegar is an effective method
Another way to remove the smell of gasoline from the washing machine is to use white vinegar. Pour 1 cup of vinegar into the drum, start the "idle" wash mode with a 30-degree temperature. Vinegar removes the smell of gasoline, but while it remains in the stylalka. Vinegar quickly disappears - open the door and as best as possible ventilate the room where the washing machine is installed.
Particularly in demand special means for eliminating odors - with their help you can quickly and efficiently remove from the drum a corrosive gasoline fragrance. Today, on the counter, you can find a huge range of loose, liquid, tableted products with different smells. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with some of them:
- Filtero - cleans the stylalko from lime and scale. Effectively eliminates unpleasant odors.
- Frau Schmidt with the scent of lemon removes the smell of gasoline from the drum.
- Dr. Beckmann - fights not only with unpleasant odors, but also removes scales and breaks water stones into small particles.
- Fine from Well Done - tablets that eliminate the various smells of chemistry. Destroy all microbes.
The above substances are only used as described in the instructions. It is important not to make mistakes in the amount of the used product, as some elements of the washing machine can be damaged.
Citric acid is a killer
How to remove the smell of gasoline from a washing machine using the simplest means? Exactly the same means that removes scale from the stain, - citric acid:
- 200 g pour into the drum.
- Turn on the longest mode, choosing a high temperature - 90-95 degrees.
- Start the machine.
- After the end of the mode, turn off the stilalku.
- Open the door so that the tank is ventilated and all the unpleasant smells are gone.
On a note! Citric acid can be poured into the powder tray.
Chlorine - we say "no" to unpleasant smells!
If your previous attempts were not successful, we will tell you how to get rid of the smell of gasoline using chlorine or chlorine bleach. Only this method is not suitable for all washing machines: carefully study the instructions to your stylalka and make sure that the manufacturer is allowed to use chlorine. From bleach will be less harm, if the stylalk is equipped with plastic pipes and hoses. Instructions for the use of chlorine bleach:
- 1 cup of bleach dilute with 1 liter of water.
- Add the resulting solution to the drum machine.
- Install the program with a temperature mode of no more than 40 degrees.
- Run the AGR "idle".
- After 10-15 minutes, turn on the program again.
If you are interested in how to remove the smell of diesel from the washing machine, proceed in the same way as in cases with gasoline - the smell from these substances is eliminated in the same ways.
Some useful tips
In search of an answer to the question of how to get rid of the smell of gasoline on clothes, you can use some ways. Of course, it is not easy to remove the smell. This depends more on the complexity of the contamination. Let's consider two variants:
- Airing. Sometimes this is enough. Hang clothes on the balcony or on the street. In cases of poor contamination, the smell can go away after two days, or even several weeks.
- Soak. If the first method did not help, soak the clothes in a large basin with warm water, conditioner and plenty of powder. Wash things and leave them overnight. Rinse and thoroughly wash from soap. Send it to the washing machine and set the wash mode to long.
Now you know how to remove the smell of gasoline from clothes and from a washing machine. Try all the techniques and find the most successful method for yourself. We wish you as little as possible to face such problems!