Blackberries are forest and garden as well as raspberries, on which it looks like it looks and by the way of growth. Differences - it's blue, sour taste, weaker fragrance and smooth skin.The berry is unpretentious, ripens from the end of June. The last berries on the bushes can be found at the end of September. Blackberries can be harvested for this winter with strawberries, gooseberries and even Antonov apples. In this article, we will take a closer look at what can be done with the fruits of the blackberry..
Table of contents
- What can I cook from blackberries
- Jam from whole, freshly picked berries
- Compote with blackberries
- Summer compote
- Blackberry Morse
- Kissel on oatmeal
- Quick kissel
- Desserts with blackberries
- Alcohol Sorbet
- Jelly sweets from blackberry
- Baking with blackberries
- Curd cheese biscuits with blackberries
- Sand cake with blackberries
- Berry sauce for meat
What can I cook from blackberries
Like all berries, the blackberry is more useful in its fresh form.
You can prepare a variety of dishes from blackberries:
- Jams, jams, confitures;
- Drinks - fruit drinks, compotes, cocktails, kissels:
- Desserts - mousses, yoghurts, sorbets, jelly sweets, pastries;
- Sauces for meat and fish.
The berries have a sour taste, so it can be used not only for making sweet dishes, but also to give the meat and fish a unique taste..
Jam from whole, freshly picked berries
- Berries need to be sorted out, clean from the stems, select worms.
- Wash berriesbetter, a dipper colander with berries in a basin or a large pot of water. Under the pressure of running water, the berries will be washed, and some of the juice will be washed with water.
- Washed berries are laid out inenameled or copper dishes.
- Sugar is poured from abovefrom the calculation of 800 gr. for 1 kg. Berries.
- If the berry is not overripe, thenadd a couple tablespoons of water, so that the berry does not get burnt, it quickly allocates juice.
- The pan goes to a strong fire. Sugar should darken from the juice of berries. You can mix it with berries only after boiling the jam from the edges.
- Uniform boiling of the whole berry mass- a signal to reduce the fire to a minimum.
- With periodic stirringberries are brought to a strong thickeningwithin 3-4 hours.
- Washed berrieslaid out in an enameled large bowl, a pan or a copper container.
- Before the boiling of the berries, as they isolate the juice,in the jam sugar is added. Approximate ratio per 1 kg of berries 700 gr. sand.
- The boiled jam is left on the gas for another5 minutesand turn off the gas.
- Cooled mass again sent to the fire and boiled more5 minutes. This procedure is repeated three times.
- After the third boil, jam in hot form is decomposed into jars and hermetically sealed with plastic covers or rolled up with metal covers.
Jams are cooked on the basis of apple puree.Given that most of the berries are going in the summer, then to prepare the blackberry jam will have to use apples of summer varieties. They are sweet, which means that the sand will need less than 500-600 grams. for 1 kg of fruit and berry mixture.
- For 3 kg of applesrequired1 kg of berriesblackberry.
- Apples are peeled, are rubbed into a cooking bowl on a coarse grater. To ensure that apples do not brown quickly, they need to be poured with sugar. While all apples are wiped, there will already be juice in the saucepan.
- Berries are preferable to pass through a hand-held juicer, so that the bones of the blackberry in the jam was not.
- All the ingredients in the pan -you can send it to gas.
- After boilingjam, the gas decreases.
- Periodic stirringwill not let the jam burn. It needs to be hardened before thickening.
The peculiarity of confiture in adding to it:
- For cooking 1 kg of blackberries, you need 1 kg of sugar and 3 tablespoons of gelatin.
- Whole berries or squeezed out of themthe juice is sent to the pan. Immediately added all the sand.
- While the mixture on fire boils,gelatine is soakedin a glass of water.
- The berries began to boil, the sand completely dissolved -it's time to introduce into the mixture gelatin.
- Bring to a boil, and then turn off. If desired, add 50 ml of liqueur or spice.
- We lay out the confiture of containersfor storage, tightly closed.
Compote with blackberries
The peculiarity of making compote of blackberry is that it does not need to be cooked.The most suitable method for pouring berries with sugar syrup. This allows you to keep the shape of the berry. When cooking, it just collapses, at the bottom of the pot ossadut bones, and the flesh turn into an incoherent formless mass. You have to strain the compote.
Preparation of compote in the bank does not require additional manipulation - the berries do not lose shape.An additional advantage of this preparation is that the compote closed with a lid will be stored longer. Hence, and you can store it for future use. Long-term storage of sand will require a little more.
Calculation of products for a 3-liter jar
- Blackberries - 2 glasses;
- Sugar sand - 1 glass;
- Water - 3 liters.
Berries are poured into the jar. The water is filled with sugar.The boiling syrup is filled with a can, covered with a lid. During the cooling, the compote will acquire a uniform color and taste.
The berry practically does not lose any taste qualities, nor vitamins for shock freezing. Vitamin "C" in it is less than in cranberries, but with a severe cold, the mors from this berry also helps.Freezing berries is better in special packages, having on one side a small perforation. Washed and dried berries are laid out on containers or packages, sent to the freezer. If you can not dry the berries, then they can be poured with sugar. Depending on how the berries were frozen, the way of their further use depends.
Morse from berries without sugar is prepared as follows:
- In the boiling water poured sand from the calculation2 tablespoonson1 literwater.
- After the complete dissolution of granulated sugar,a colander or a strainer is placed on the pan, so that water gets inside it.
- The colander is filled with berries. They must warm up and give juice. For quick preparation, they can be mixed with a wooden spoon. Blackberries in boiling water quickly secrete the juice, but you can suppress the berries a little while stirring.
- The colander has wide openings, soMorse should be filtered. When using a sieve, this stage of cooking disappears.
Berries, frozen with sugar, have to cook in a saucepan. Then strain through a sieve, or through a gauze laid in a colander in 2 layers.
The most pleasant drink for the gastric mucosa.With diseases of the digestive system, his doctors often recommend. There are two main ways to prepare this dish.
Kissel on oatmeal
Kissel of this kind refers to desserts rather than to drinks.
- 1 cup of oatmeal or oatmeal;
- , a liter of water;
- 100-150 gr. blackberry.
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar or honey,
- A pinch of salt.
Preparation of medicinal jelly begins in advance.
- On6-8 hoursoatmeal must be soakedin full volume of water.
- The resulting liquid is drained into a stewpan. The remaining grain can be squeezed through a strainer, but its hard parts should not get into the bucket.
- The basis of the jelly is heated. Honey is blooming in it. If you choose sugar, you can add salt and salt at any stage of cooking.
- In the boiled goat's brothadded crushed berriesor squeezed juice from them.
- The mixture is brought to a boil, the gas is reduced to a minimum. You can rearrange the sauté pan to a saucepan for lambing. The goal of languor is to evaporate excess moisture, to make the dish thicken.
- There is a jelly this will have spoons, sofor cooling it is better to pour on plates, immediately dividing into small portions.
- 1 liter of water;
- 3 tbsp. l. potato starch;
- 250-300 gr. blackberry;
- Sugar sand to taste.
- In a warm, not boiling water, through a sieve,in small portions, starch is added. To bring water to a boil is necessary with constant stirring, so that the starch does not settle on the bottom of the pan and does not form clots.
- Sugar and berries should be on hand, so that during cooking, not for a seconddo not stop stirring.
- Berry is added to the boiling starch base. It is better to rub them in a kissel through a sieve or replace with freshly squeezed fresh squeezed juice.
- Together with berry raw sugar is added. After boiling, the kissel should be removed from the fire. Prolonged boiling will only worsen the taste.
Desserts with blackberries
Drinks, cocktails,yoghurts with the addition of blackberries are toned no worse than those containing lemon balm. But these two components also work well together..
- , a liter of kefir;
- granular sugar;
- 2 bananas;
- , a glass of blackberries;
- A pinch of ground cinnamon;
- A branch of lemon balm.
Bananas are broken into pieces and laid out on the bottom of the whisk can. The rest of the ingredients are added.Before obtaining a homogeneous mass, the mixer starts at the first speed, only after that the whipping function is started.
Traditionally mousse cooks them strawberries or raspberries. The blackberry mousse will be more acidic with a slightly pronounced taste. Berry well in harmony with strawberries and raspberries. When using all three ingredients, the dessert will be more delicious and aromatic.For the preparation of mousse will be required:
- 3 egg whites;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- , kg of berries.
In the beaker for whipping we separate the proteins, add a little sugar and start whipping. The rest of the sugar is added gradually.As a result, a thick mass should be obtained, both for baking "meringues". In small portions add the berry mixture and whisk, bringing the mass to a homogeneous state. Although, small pieces of berries do not spoil the dessert. Before serving, mousse should be cooled, having put in kremanki or tall glasses, decorate with whole berries and a sprig of mint.
Sorbet is a dietary, lean ice cream, there are no animal fats in it, and the amount of sugar is minimized.To prepare it you will need:
- 3 cups of blackberry;
- Juice of one orange;
- 100 gr. honey.
All ingredients are wiped in a blender to a homogeneous mass, which until completely frozen freezes into the freezer. Before feeding from the mass, by means of a heated table spoon, balls are formed, laid out in a crockery.
Alcohol freezes badly, so to prepare a sorbet it will need to be diluted with water.Blackberry harmonizes well with almonds and cherries. Proceeding from this, we choose liquor.Proportions:
- 300 gr. blackberry;
- 30 ml of liqueur;
- 50 ml of vodka;
- 100 gr. granulated sugar;
- , a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Sprinkle berries and sugar in the saucepan.Cook until smooth.
- The berry mixture is wiped through a sieveso that the seeds do not get into the ice cream.
- Chilledberry puree mixed with the remaining ingredients, we send to the freezer.
Jelly sweets from blackberry
To prepare this delicacy you will need quince. It will act as a gelling agent. This will give a longer shelf life than when preparing a dessert based on gelatin. In this recipe, 1 kg of berries and quinces will require 600 grams. sand.
- Clean the quince from the peel, rub the flesh on the grater.
- Adding berries. Quince 1/3, berries 2/3. We fill the mixture with sugar, leave for several hours to isolate the juice.
- Bring to the boil, cook until the moment when the pieces of quince begin to disintegrate.
- Clean the mashed potatoesthrough a sieve.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °. We reduce the gas to a minimum.
- The lath is linedfoil.
- On the foil of an even layer, -2 cmlaying out puree.
- We put in the oven. Preparation may take from 8 to 16 hours. The bottom line is to evaporate excess moisture.
- The finished layer is sprinkled with a thin layer of potato starch, inverted, processed on the second side.
- Cut into plates, stacked in a plastic container and retracted into the refrigerator.
Baking with blackberries
On the yeast test, you can bake an open pie with blackberries.When using jam, there are no special problems, and jam or raw berries wiped with sugar will necessarily boil and run. Therefore, choose a deep form, so that the sugar syrup is not burned in the oven. After baking, the shape must be pulled out and the cake allowed to cool, so that the jam is thickened again. Only after this, the cake can be taken out of the mold.
Preparation of a pie with a berry stuffing is inconvenient also by the fact that the dough itself, getting wet, does not bake and does not increase in volume.To reduce the wetting for jam or berries, a layer of potato starch. This method of baking is common, but very long. Delicacies are prepared on a no-fat basis.
Curd cheese biscuits with blackberries
For the test, you will need:
- 300 gr. cottage cheese;
- 3 eggs;
- 3 cups of wheat flour of the highest quality;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- Baking powder.
- Cottage cheese, eggs and sugar are rubbed offuntil a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Flour is mixed with a baking powderand added to the mass.
- The flour is poured onto the table. The dough is laid out on it.
- In several stagesroll the dough to a thickness5-7 mm.
- The dough can be cut with a knifeon squares or a glass on mugs.
- For fillingit is better to take jam or confiture.
- In the middle of each mugspread half a teaspoon blackberries.
- Fold the circle in half and once again in half- should be a triangle.
- On a warm, greased baking sheetlay out the resulting pechenyushki. We send them to the oven, heated to 220 ° C, the cabinet for 10-15 minutes.
- To cookies cooked, a couple of minutes before the end of baking, they can begrease creamy margarine.
Sand cake with blackberries
To prepare the dough, you will need:
- 200 gr. creamy margarine;
- 3 cups of flour;
- 1 egg;
- 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Sand mixed with flour.
- Make a groove.
- Drive the Eggand lay out a pack of softened margarine.
- In flour margarine we knead flour. The process continues until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Despite the fact that an egg is added to the dough, it will not be bound. Therefore,divide the dough into two parts, one of which is twice the second.
- Warm up the ovenand a baking dish.
- We obtainform, we lubricateher vegetable oil.
- Greaterpart of the test is evenly distributed along the bottom of the mold. Slightly pressing down the middle with his fists, we get the exit of the dough on the edges of the mold - this is ideal so that the jam does not flow out.
- Fill the filling thickness≈1cm.
- We taketest residues, a large grater and evenly cover the berries with a loose layer.
- Sending cake to20-25 minin the heated oven.
- Ready-made sand cake should cool down, so that the jam thickened. After cooling it can be taken out of the mold entirely, or cut into pieces.
Berry sauce for meat
Meat combines well not only with vegetables, berries and fruits are also used in its preparation. Prunes are suitable for prunes and apples, for beef and lamb - cherry plums ("tkemali" sauce), pork is often served under "Krasnodar" sauce, where in addition to tomatoes there is apple sauce.Blackberries are also suitable for any meat cooked on the grill.
For the sauce will be required:
- A glass of blackberry;
- Half a glass of red dry wine;
- A pair of cloves of garlic;
- A teaspoon of honey;
- A pinch of salt or a tablespoon of soy sauce (to choose from);
- Mixture of peppers on the tip of the knife;
- Several seeds of zira (cumin);
- Table vinegar to taste.
- Washed berries are boiled in wine. Three minutes is enough for the blackberry to give juice.
- The mixture must be filtered, that the sauce turned out beautiful.
- Spices are added, except garlic and honey. The sauce should be simmered for 15-20 minutes, until thick.
- Behind1-2 minutesbefore switching off garlic and honey are added. So the sauce gets smoother.
Used blackberries and in the preparation of the first dishes. It will become an excellent substitute for vinegar, when boiling borsch.An excellent solution will be in the preparation of borsch refueling for the winter, put instead of vinegar a bunch of sour berries. After a couple of weeks, canned dressing, if done with cabbage, will give a pleasant kissel. Vinegar simply will not be required.
Blackberries are not the most manic and expressive to taste berry. But having tried at least once cooked from it baking, mors, desserts, it is difficult to resist from not preparing several jars of jam to pancakes for carnival.The taste of summer will help to give the dishes frozen berries. And in the summer you can combine blackberries not only with fruits and other varieties of berries, but also with vegetables - squash, pumpkin, tomatoes..