Making honey bees is a well-known fact. But not everyone knows about other products that arise as a result of the activity of these insects. But there are not so few of them: wax, blizzard, propolis, royal jelly. About propolis, the second most popular honey product of beekeeping, you will find out today.
We will talk about the medicinal properties of propolis, contraindications. You will learn how to apply propolis inside, whether it is possible to chew it, how much, it is harmful or not and how to do it correctly..
Table of contents
- What is bee propolis, the benefits and harm in its pure form
- Therapeutic properties of propolis honey
- How and how much to take a curative product in angina and tonsillitis
- At what diseases can he help?
- Is it possible to chew propolis?
- How correctly to apply propolis?
- Making tinctures for gargling.
- Alcohol tincture
- Tinctures on a water basis without alcohol
- Making tinctures for gargling.
- Contraindications to the use of tincture
- Beneficial features
- How to use it for treatment
What is bee propolis, the benefits and harm in its pure form
Propolis or bee glue is a special substance produced by bees from resin and necessary insects to put the cracks in the hive. Often in the home you can hear the statement that the product is a bee droppings. Well, we will dispel this myth.
The true nature of the appearance of this substance is this: the bees are harvested and carried on their paws resinous discharge of plants, they are treated in the hive by special secrets of the jaw glands, wax is added and pollen.So propolis is obtained - an interesting and useful product for both bees and people..
Therapeutic properties of propolis honey
Natural product since ancient times is famous for its medicinal properties. What is the reason for this phenomenon? The use of this product in phenolic components. Thus, propolis contains phenolic acid, flavones, flavonols, as well as ferulic, coffee and benzoic acids.
These substances are biologically active components and have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it contains B-group vitamins and amino acids..
How and how much to take a curative product in angina and tonsillitis
Application is possible by different methods. It can be applied, chewed, used "inside" with honey or in the form of introductory and alcohol tinctures, sometimes it is advisable to use therapeutic candles.
The method of application of this substance is primarily dictated by the disease, and its use is recommended to be agreed with the doctor in advance. The main contraindication is an allergy to bee products..
At what diseases can he help?
- Stomach ulcer. Propolis, of course, can not cure the ulcer completely, but will be an excellent addition to a complex of stronger drugs. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and contained vitamins, it will help to cope with the pains, and also will speed up the healing process. The recommended method of use is in the form of an oil or spirit tincture.
- Gastritis. Eating with gastritis is one way to get rid of pain, nausea and other unpleasant symptoms. To achieve this effect, you can chew or dissolve the product, using it as a part of tinctures.
- Myoma of the uterus. Treatment in this case is a tribute to folk medicine. Officially this method is not supported, but in any case will not bring harm and positively affect the general condition of the body. To use propolis with this gynecological disease is recommended in the form of tinctures or candles (balls), introduced into the vagina.
- Onychomycosis or nail fungus. Due to its high bactericidal, fungicidal and bacteriostatic qualities, propolis will relieve itching and inflammation, as well as prevent further spread of the fungus. Thus, the problem will be solved by a natural replacement of the sick nail on a healthy plate. The recommended way of using is wetting the sick part with the appropriate tincture.
- Helicobacter. Helibokter pylori is a bacterium that settles in the human stomach and provokes ulcers. One of the effective ways to get rid of it - is the use of water or alcohol tincture.
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas. Having unique healing properties propolis not only helps get rid of the disease, but also normalizes the work of the entire digestive system. The correct way of using is tincture on alcohol, the greatest effectiveness is achieved in combination with complex medicines.
- Sinusitis. The most common treatment option for this disease is antibiotics, but traditional medicine offers its own alternative - propolis. And thanks to the antibacterial and restoring properties of the substance, this method is very justified. When genyantritis is recommended to use in the form of tincture, drops or inhalations.
- Hemorrhoids.If you believe non-traditional medicine, the use of candles, ointments or microclysters is one of the most effective ways to treat this disease. This "eco-friendly" method has been tested by many and confirmed its effectiveness in a broad mass.
- Gastroduodenitis. Propolis tuning is one of the main folk methods for treating erosive gastroduodenitis. The effectiveness of this method is the ability of the product to remove inflammation and envelop the walls of the intestine and stomach, protecting them from further irritation. Thus, over time, the veils are restored, and the ailment disappears by itself.
Diseases of the liver. The use of propolis extract in this disease manifests itself in the ability of a substance to become a catalyst for the repair of damaged cells, while not harming the rest of the body.Propolis will be effective and useful far from all liver diseases and, in any case, is only an auxiliary.
- Bronchitis.To improve or treat the bronchopulmonary system, propolis can be used as a tincture, as well as chewed or included in the composition of inhalations. Removing inflammation in the patient's airways, this substance will be an excellent addition to the general complex of drugs and will help alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
- Diseases of the gums.Bleeding and rotting gums, bad breath - alleviate these not the most pleasant symptoms can be applied and chewing bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties of propolis. This substance can completely cure mild diseases and become an assistant in getting rid of heavier ailments of the gums. Before using it is recommended to consult a doctor.
- Prostatitis.Problems of the prostate gland - a fairly common male disease. You can get rid of it using candles, which you can buy at the pharmacy or make yourself.
- Diseases of the intestine. With this problem propolis will be a useful addition to the main course of treatment, help get rid of inflammation and repair damaged tissue.
- Endometriosis or endomentritis. Treatment of this disease - a fairly long and time-consuming process, requiring the integrated work of medicines and folk remedies. A good result is the use of the product as a tincture (for syringing the vagina) or special candles.
- Acute tonsillitis or tonsillitis.With this ailment, the use of propolis is one of the most effective and environmentally friendly ways to get rid of irritation in the throat, as well as increase immunity. The recommended method of consumption is alcohol tincture, rinse solution.
- Acne. The most effective is the application of special plates to the desired areas of the skin or wetting them with tincture, and in the pharmacy it is possible to purchase a special containing this substance of ointment.
Due to its unique properties, propolis will indeed be an excellent adjuvant in the treatment of various diseases and will help support strong immunity.However, to rely only on him, it would be foolish - the most effective is always the complex method of treatment, combining medicines and elements of alternative medicine..
And now we will consider in more detail the most common ways of using propolis..
Is it possible to chew propolis?
The therapeutic method, which is the chewing of propolis in its pure form, is rather controversial and has both advantages and disadvantages.
The Benefits of Chewing
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects,making chewing effective in solving problems of the oral cavity and throat.
- Anesthetic effect.
- Increase local immunity and prevent recurrence of disease.
The disadvantages of this method
- Propolis is an active substance that is close in its action to antibiotics and if used improperly will not only benefit, but will also harm the body.
- The most important restriction applies to everyone suffering from allergies to beekeeping products. This problem occurs in about 1% of all people and its owner is chewing propolis categorically contraindicated.
- Pregnant women should be abstained:perhaps the mother's body does not react substance, but there is a possibility of individual intolerance in the fetus.
- Refuse this method of treatment or significantly limit it should people with kidney, liver and biliary tract.
How correctly to apply propolis?
Pros and cons of this method, as well as contraindications, we considered. If you are still determined to try the next method of treatment, familiarize yourself with the following rules of propolis chewing:
- Use propolis should be in strictly limited quantities.The norm will depend on your gender, age and physical characteristics. The average dose is only about 3 grams, but in the period of illness can be increased to 10.
- To accustom the body to this substance should be cautious.Be gradual: start chewing with a small amount, watch the state of your body, and only then bring the amount of used substance to its norm.
Making tinctures for gargling.
Tinctures with propolis - one of the most universal and convenient ways of using this product beekeeping.Tincture with propolis helps with angina, tonsillitis, bronchitis, sore throat.It softens the symptoms of the disease and alleviates the condition. Consider the types of such drinks, as well as the best recipes for their preparation.
To treat diseases, alcoholic tinctures with a concentration of 5 to 40% can be used: the higher the percentage of alcohol, the stronger the influence of the drink. However, using tinctures with excessive concentration is not recommended - they produce too high an effect on body tissues and can be irritating.
In this way,The optimal alcohol percentage is only 15%. You can buy this solution in a pharmacy or prepare yourself, following this recipe:
To prepare 100 grams of tincture, you will need: 15 grams of propolis and 85 milliliters of 75% alcohol.
Algorithm of preparation:Place propolis in the refrigerator. When the product solidifies, remove it and carefully cut it so that the size of one piece does not exceed 4 milliliters. Shredded propolis put in a bottle (preferably lightproof) and pour alcohol, tightly and shake several times (to ensure the best possible fluid penetration between particles).
Place the solution in a dry, dark place and insist for two weeks, daily taking out and shaking. When the infusion process is complete, strain the resulting solution through a sieve or gauze into a separate container.
Prepared in this way tincture will be most useful and with proper storage will stand up to 3 years.
You will also be interested to know:
- How to prepare ointment from propolis.
- How to apply tincture with propolis at home.
- How to be treated with wax moth tincture at home.
Tinctures on a water basis without alcohol
In comparison with tincture on water, an alcoholic solution of propolis has much more contraindications (for example, categorically not suitable for children), and also preserves less useful properties of the bee product. Most often an aqueous solution of propolis is part of more complex medicines, but you can use it as an independent drug.
For cooking, you will need:Propolis and distilled water in a ratio of 1/10 (that is, for example, 10 grams of bee product must take 100 grams of liquid).
Algorithm for preparing tinctures: First, cool the propolis to a solid state and grind it with a knife or grater so that the individual pieces have a size of about 2-3 millimeters. Then add the crushed material into the water and insist for a day, periodically shaking -you should get a transparent drink with a light greenish tint and a characteristic fragrant aroma. Filter the liquid and pour it into a container of dark glass.
Shelf life - about a week.
Contraindications to the use of tincture
- Individual intolerance to beekeeping products;
- The presence of acute eczema.
Among all the ways of using, this option surely takes an honorable first place: in tandem and the properties of propolis and the properties of honey complement and exaggerate each other.
Thus, this combination is the strongest active substance, comparable to antibiotics and beneficial for the whole organism.
How to use it for treatment
- In the form of an ointment for the treatment of heavily healing external wounds;
- As a basis for inhalation of the respiratory tract;
- Rassassyvat against oral diseases (½ spoons at a time);
- In case of acute diseases, take medicinal propolis 1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day;
Is it normal that honey with propolis has a green tint?Yes, absolutely normal. Such honey (and propolis, respectively) is called padevoy, and an unusual color is explained by the lack of flowering plants around the hive. Let's notice, that on the useful properties such honey differs nothing from the golden companion and is also recommended to the use. You can treat them all with the same diseases. And besides, you can rinse your throat every 2-3 hours.