The collector motors of washing machines are equipped with electric wipers that serve to transfer electricity to the rotor of the motor, and it rotates. These are small parts, consisting of a tip and a long spring. Since their tip is made of soft material, over time it is erased.
In this article we will figure out how to replace the brushes on the washing machine Indesit.
Content of the material:
- 1Signs of breakage
- 2Right choice
- 3Preparation for repair
- 4Step-by-step execution of works
Signs of breakage
The masters of the service centers claim that with proper use of the washing machine, the brushes can last up to five years. And with a rare use of the machine - twice as long. By what external signs you can understand that the brushes are faulty:
- The washing machine stopped in the middle of the wash cycle, although the electricity did not turn off.
- During the operation of the SMA, strange sounds are heard (noise, crackling).
- Poorly pressed clothes as a result of reduced engine speed.
- Feels the smell of burning.
- A fault code F02 appears on the eraser screen, which indicates a problem with the operation of the electric motor.
On these grounds, you can only guess a malfunction. To be sure that the replacement of brushes in the washing machine Indesit is necessary, it is necessary to partially disassemble it.
Before you start repair, you need to get a suitable replacement. Of course, you can remove the old parts and go with them to the store. To do this, you need to decide which type of brush is in your engine:
- Brushes in a plastic case.
- Consisting of three elements - collapsible parts.
- Ordinary, consisting of a spring and a graphite rod.
Please note that to purchase new parts, it is not necessary to immediately dismantle the old ones. You can tell the brand and model of the washing machine to the seller, and he will advise the appropriate option.
During the inspection of the electric motor it can be found out that only one brush has worn out. In this case, it is recommended that you replace both parts.
Preparation for repair
Replacing the brushes of the engine washing machine Indesit - repair uncomplicated. You will need these tools:
- The screwdriver is splined or cross.
- The torx key is 8 mm.
Prepare the washing machine:
- Disconnect the SM from the network.
- Close the water supply by tightening the inlet valve.
- Prepare a container to collect water.
- Unscrew the inlet hose from the housing, drain the water from it.
- Go to the front panel. Below you will see the hatch - open it, pressing the plastic latches with a screwdriver.
- Behind the hatch is a drain filter.
- Get it out, drain the water, clean it of debris.
- Move the machine away from the wall so that it is possible to approach the rear wall.
So, you have prepared the tools and the stylalko for repair. Get to work.
Step-by-step execution of works
Before changing the brushes on the Indesit washing machine, you need to remove the back of the stylalki. For this:
- Take a screwdriver and unscrew the two screws that hold the top cover from behind.
- Push the lid in the opposite direction, lift it up and take it to the side.
- Unscrew the screws around the perimeter of the back cover.
- Remove it.
- Below, below the tank, is the SM engine.
- To remove the drive belt, pull it toward you by scrolling the pulley of the drum. It will fly off easily.
- Take a photo or mark with the marker the location of the motor wires. Then disconnect the wiring.
- Using an 8 mm socket wrench, unscrew the bolts that hold the motor. They can be from three to four pieces.
- Swinging the electric motor forward and backward, pull it out of the body of the AGR.
Be careful! The engine is heavy.
Now it's time to inspect the collector brushes. They are on both sides of the engine casing. Usually in the washing machines of Indesit use CAR014UN brushes, analogues of which are also N52A, CAR024UN, UN135. So, choosing one of the models, you will not go wrong.
To get the brushes:
- Disconnect the cable.
- Push the contact down.
- Pull the spring and pull out the brush.
To install the parts in place, first place the graphite tip in the socket. Now squeeze the spring and also install into the socket, closing the contact. Connect the wire.
Excellent! You have performed repairs to replace the electric brushes. It remains to put the electric motor in place. What should be done:
- Secure the motor in place with the bolts.
- Connect the wires according to the photo or marking.
- Replace the drive belt. Immediately put it on the pulley of the engine, then, gradually scrolling, - on the pulley of the drum.
- Replace the back cover by tightening all the screws.
- Close the top cover, tighten the two screws.
It remains to connect the machine and test the engine. At first, the engine can run quite noisily, until the brushes are pritrutsya. Then everything is normalized.
You can make a replacement yourself. Stick to our instructions and everything will turn out. Watch a video on the topic:.