What should I choose: a pressure cooker or multivark?
Such relatively new devices as a multivark or pressure cooker quickly gained popularity among the housewives all over the world. Which of these devices is better to buy? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Who and for what purpose it is advisable to purchase a multivark, and for whom the ideal solution will be the purchase of a pressure cooker. So, we understand.
1Differences and important nuances of work
- 1.1So, what is the difference between a multivarker and a pressure cooker:
- 2So which is better to choose?
Differences and important nuances of work
Experienced specialists have at least 10 significant differences between the multivarquet and the pressure cooker. But not every manager in a specialized home appliances store will be able to understand them to you to explain, so it's better to go to the store or to open the website of the Internet portal before studying them yourself.
So, what is the difference between a multivarker and a pressure cooker:
- The multivarka cooks slowly, its principle of operation is similar to a Russian stove in which food languishes for a long time; The pressure cooker cooks much faster, but consider the the fact that the pressure, which is used for rapid cooking, is pumped 15 minutes after the appliance is switched on, i. for fast food is better than not use.
- Multivarka - the device is more functional. It can cook almost anything, from soups to desserts and pastries. The pressure cooker allows you to cook a much smaller number of dishes.
- When using a multivark, you can open the lid at any time, to add spices, ingredients, and stir the dish. In a pressure cooker, this can not be done. More precisely, you can open the lid, but after that you will have to wait anew when the pressure level returns to normal, so it's better not to do it.
- Pressure cooker can significantly reduce the time to prepare ingredients such as beans, peas. They become soft in the device after 15-20 minutes. To achieve the same effect in the multivark, you have to spend more than one hour.
- The pressure cooker is a more dangerous device. The thing is that the pressure in the device (with improper operation or in an emergency situation) can cause serious burns. The multivark is much safer in this respect.
- A quality pressure cooker is more expensive than a multivarquet and it is more problematic to buy because of the limited supply on the market.
- In terms of dimensions, the multivark is more compact than its competitor.
- A multivarker is easier to operate. It is better to prefer it to inexperienced housewives, bachelors.
- Due to the fact that the multivarka cooks very slowly, the food stores the maximum amount of vitamins and other nutrients. Pressure cookers in this regard because of the specifics of using high temperature and pressure loses.
- Multivarkers are more popular today. They are widely represented in the production lines of almost all well-known brands. At their choice it is better to consider also design and style of a product that they were entered in any interior.
So which is better to choose?
Experienced cooks are convinced that both devices will have a place in the kitchen: the multivariate will allow you to show your imagination and prepare sophisticated, delicious dishes; the pressure cooker will make the process of preparation of ingredients as fast as possible. To choose this or that model is better, considering own necessities in the concrete assistant in the kitchen.
The undeniable advantage of the pressure cooker is that the dishes are cooked really fast. For example, to prepare a holland, it will take a maximum of -3 hours, whereas on a conventional stove it will last 9-10 hours. No one even the most powerful multivark with a similar task can not cope. Some housewives complain that the multivariate is preparing for too long and the usual stove can handle its functions. In this regard, a pressure cooker is absolutely irreplaceable. In addition, it is better to cook all kinds of broths in a pressure cooker: they are more aromatic, rich and tasty..
For those who wish to use the functions of both devices, it is better to choose such a model as a multivark-pressure cooker. But do not expect that this will be a full replacement for both devices..
In most of these models you can not cook for a couple, bake desserts, for which the multivarkers are so much appreciated. But these options are fairly compact, they are more convenient to store in small kitchens. At a price they do not significantly differ from the classical models. The assortment of such gadgets increases with each season.
You will be interested in: what is the best multivark-pressure cooker to buy?.