Opening the door, you find that condensation forms on the walls of the refrigerator? Water is accumulated under the drawers? If you removed water, but after a while it reappeared, you need to look for the cause of the problem. Normally there is no liquid under the fruit boxes, but that does not mean that a serious breakdown has occurred. You need to inspect and check some parts of the refrigerator.
Consider the reasons why condensate accumulates in the chamber.
Content of the material:
1Type of refrigeration equipment
- 1.1Droplet system
- 1.2No Frost System
- 2What causes breakage
3The causes of condensation in the refrigerator
- 3.1For refrigeration equipment of a drop type
- 3.2For refrigeration unit type No Frost
Type of refrigeration equipment
Most users tend to replace the old refrigerators with a No Frost system. Refrigerators of drop type have to be defrosted constantly, since snow and ice interfere with normal operation.
Occurrence of a condensate on a back wall can specify on drop type of defrosting. In this case, the formation of moisture is considered the norm. To find the fault, determine which type of defrosting is installed in your refrigerator.
Such refrigerators are equipped with an evaporator for cooling - it is located behind the back wall. When the motor-compressor starts, the cooling process begins. As a result, the evaporator and part of the wall where it is located are covered with snow or frost. Condensation in the refrigerator freezes. After the motor is turned off, the temperature in the chamber becomes higher, therefore drops of moisture flow down the wall.
Water enters a special compartment, from which it merges into a pallet.
No Frost System
The defrost type provides one evaporator in the freezer. The fan accelerates the cold air between the chambers. In order to get less cold into the refrigerator department, an air cap is installed. It closes after receiving a signal about the set optimum temperature.
What causes breakage
A frequent cause is a violation of the operating rules of the refrigerator. Probably, every user at least once did so:
- He put warm food in the cell. After cooking, the dish did not cool down, and you urgently need to leave. You sent it to the shelf, after which condensation formed in the refrigerator.
- I put liquid dishes in the chamber without a lid. The moisture evaporates - condensation is obtained.
- Set in the office the lowest possible temperature.
- Long kept the door open, or did not fully cover it.
The breakdown could have caused more serious problems.
The causes of condensation in the refrigerator
If you have decided on a defrost system, then you can start troubleshooting.
For refrigeration equipment of a drop type
As already mentioned, the condensate on the back of the refrigerator is a normal phenomenon. But if water accumulations are observed elsewhere, you need to check the drainage system for blockage.
- The drainage compartment or the tube was blocked. Moisture from the wall has nowhere to drain, so it accumulates below. Causes of blockage are small crumbs and debris that fall with drops of water. As a result, the evaporator does not have time to thaw and becomes overgrown with snow. Remove the blockage will help a cotton swab or other delicate object. You can also use a syringe. Pour warm water into the draining compartment until it is washed.
- Depressurization. Worn rubber doors do not allow you to close the chamber tightly. Warm air penetrates into the compartment, and the refrigerator, compensating for the temperature rise, works even harder. Then the seal should be replaced urgently. The door may be difficult to close due to improper installation of the equipment. If the body is tilted forward, the door opens arbitrarily.
- Malfunction of the temperature sensor, which notifies the system of the temperature in the chamber. Incorrect operation leads to a decrease in the temperature in the chamber, the walls are covered with snow.
Most problems can be fixed by yourself. But some need professional repair.
For refrigeration unit type No Frost
If condensate forms in the refrigerator "Atlant "Samsung" and other brands with No Frost system, then there are problems in the defrost module. It consists of the following parts:
- timer and defrost sensor;
Determine the breakdown can be on these grounds:
- the motor constantly works, does not turn off "on rest
- The refrigerator compartment does not cool the products, and the freezing compartment overgrows with snow.
Since the temperature in the lower compartment is higher, the snow in the freezer melts a little, and the moisture flows down the walls. So it turns out condensation and puddles of water. Only the replacement of parts will help.
Watch the video on the topic:
As a result of moisture formation, food products deteriorate faster, a specific smell appears in the chamber. Snow and ice on the walls contribute to the corrosion of metal elements of machinery, so do not over tighten with repairs. If you can not solve the problem yourself, contact the service center.