Every gardener or gardener - both professional and amateur - knows that without choppers will not be able to start any planting season. With this versatile tool, you can plow the land, remove weeds and further care for crops.
This tool is relatively inexpensive. But when it breaks down, and you can’t get a new one yet, you have to make hoe from what is at hand. One of the best bases for the working part of the fixture will be a hacksaw blade. This material will withstand any load and will not wear out for a long time.
Homemade chopper from a saw
The process of making a homemade product looks like this:
- a part of the required size is sawn off - 25 cm;
- a saw is taken on a tree, which is no longer needed, and with the help of an angle grinder, a cut is made in the direction of the teeth, observing an angle of 45 degrees;
- then three holes are drilled for fixing - there should be the same distance between them;
- the same number of holes need to be made in a metal corner with shelves;
- the holder is fixed - for this, a metal pipe with thick walls is taken with a circumference of 2.5–3 cm and a length of 25–30 cm;
- taking a hammer, hammer one side of it by 5 cm;
- the corner can be firmly set if you drill two holes;
- it turns out a finished canvas with teeth, now we fix the stalk - you can choose any tree for it;
- with an emery or a sharp knife, the cutting is cut from one edge and inserted into the pipe;
- to tightly fasten the handle, a nail is hammered into both the metal and the wooden part;
- now you should remove the teeth, because they are not needed in this tool - a grinder is taken and the surface of the chopper is leveled.
Some prefer to leave the teeth: it is believed that with them a homemade product will be better able to cope with wet ground.
Simple manipulations will allow you to get a tool for efficient work from improvised materials.