- Principle of operation
- Pros of the steam mop
- Cons of a steam mop
- What to look for when choosing
Women in every possible way try to reduce their homework to minimum time. However, in the first place there is still a question of purity. Therefore, all the novelties in caring for the house are of great interest. The use of special equipment for cleaning increases its effectiveness and to achieve cleanliness in the home becomes much easier and faster.
It is not necessary to buy all the equipment. Choose only the necessary appliances that are most suitable for cleaning your home. Therefore, it is necessary to approach rationally. It is important to have a clear idea of the functionality of the device. We offer a more detailed introduction to the principle of the steam mop.
Principle of operation
A steam mop is something between a vacuum cleaner and a regular mop. The purpose of this device is cleaning the coating. If to compare with other equipment, then it is something close to the steam cleaner. The principle of operation is as follows:
The mop contains a water tank, preferably up to 500 ml. It should be filled with tap water.
The device is powered by electricity. Therefore, it is necessary to plug it into the socket. The water immediately heats up to a high temperature, and ensures the delivery of steam.
Steam is emitted through the sole of the mop. Its high temperature is capable of:
- Clean from contamination.
- Remove stubborn stains.
- Destroy the dust mite.
- Neutralize unpleasant odor.
- To humidify (freshen).
- Carry out disinfection.
The principle of operation does not require the use of detergents. Thus, cleaning is fairly safe from an environmental point of view. A healthy cleaning of the room, which will thoroughly wash the floor without missing even the slightest patch. Basically, all types provide for regulating the power of its operation, which is selected depending on the stability of the contamination.
Pros of the steam mop
A steam mop is really a good device that will come in handy in any home. Especially for families where there are small children or allergies. The device, which both cleans and disinfects, has a number of inherent advantages. Consider them.
- Wide functionality allows it to be used for cleaning the entire housing, thanks to a set of different attachments.
- The brush (head) of the device has a floating effect, that is, it easily penetrates into hard-to-reach places.
- Light in weight. In general, the device weighs approximately 3 kg. Therefore, it is quite convenient to maneuver them.
- Does not require the use of chemicals in the process of use.
- Modern design.
- Does not take up much space.
Cons of a steam mop
Of course, the device is very useful in everyday life. However, one should take into account that there is nothing ideal. If you do not idealize, and objectively evaluate the thing, then there will be no disappointments. Actually, in order to make the representation of the device complex and consistent with how the steam mop works in practice, we will consider its disadvantages.
- Leaves the divorce. The device is characterized in such a way that it fully collects water. In reality, everything is not so perfect. Simply technically, the device does not provide such an opportunity. Therefore, after its use, wet marks, stains can form.
- Does not collect garbage. The steam mop is really capable of neutralizing dust and small debris. But, against significant pollution, it is not a panacea. It is convenient to use it after you have walked a broom or a vacuum cleaner.
- The ability to remove stains. Yes, this household appliance is really effective in removing the usual domestic pollution. For example, shed juice or another drink, dirty footprints from shoes. However, if atypical, persistent pollution appeared on the surface, then it is impossible to do without special treatment.
- Quality. The quality of technology often fails. And this is not related to his brand. Most often it is difficult to distinguish a fake from the original. However, this affects the operation process. Therefore, experts recommend choosing carefully to take a closer look at the manufacturer. Often this is reflected in the price. However, it is more economical to get a quality one time, although it is more expensive than throwing money away for forgery.
What to look for when choosing
The effectiveness of a steam mop depends on how correctly you choose it. Given the area, type, surface of the coating, the presence or absence of carpet, it is necessary to take into account the criteria of the device and choose the appropriate type.
- Power. High power will ensure fast and high-quality cleaning. The jet of steam will be stronger, and the water will quickly heat up. With a weak power, it will all be slower and with a weaker action.
- The presence of a filter. Pay attention to this point. Usually a squeegee tank is filled with ordinary tap water. Therefore, in order to avoid scaling, it is important to control it with a filter. In addition, it is important to find out how often this filter needs to be changed.
- Microfiber nozzle. Its presence in the kit is very important. This material easily and well absorbs dust and dirt, makes efficient cleaning. The material is easily washed and suitable for the next application. However, not all models provide it in the kit. This should be clarified when buying.
- Water tank. Usually it is not large. However, for larger areas, large volumes should be chosen, most often up to 600 ml.
- Duration of use. Pay attention to this fact and check the information with the seller. This device does not provide long-term trouble-free operation. Basically it's up to 15 minutes of work, after which you should turn it off and allow it to cool for a while (20 min). And also the operating time depends on the power. The more it is the longer the work time.