Does your dishwasher shock? Having decided to get the dishes from the cell, you touched the walls with wet hands and got an easy discharge? If this happens, do not turn a blind eye to the problem. The dishwasher can be hit with an incorrect connection, a problem with a power cord or an internal device. How to calculate and fix the problem, read on.
Working with electricity is quite dangerous, so think about it before you start it.
Content of the material:
- 1Why PMM is shocked
- 2What to do to eliminate the causes of breakdown on the case
Why PMM is shocked
Some element of the dishwasher breaks into the case, for this reason you can feel an easy discharge. The old technique, which for a long time serves as faith and truth, can shorten with damage to internal elements. What could it be:
- Damage to the wiring inside the enclosure.
- Faulty heater or start relay.
- The engine is broken.
To check it is necessary to disassemble the dishwasher and inspect every detail.
If the current is beating a new PMM, which you recently installed in the kitchen - the reason is in the electrician:
- The equipment is connected to a socket without grounding.
- The machine is turned on via an adapter or carrying, and not directly to the outlet.
- The socket is out of order.
The use of such powerful household appliances as a dishwasher is unacceptable without grounding, which protects the user from electric shock.
In terms of safety PMM Bosch, "Ariston "Electrolux" and other brands should be connected to a moisture-proof euro outlet. Use of extension cords and tees is not allowed. It is also not recommended to connect the dishwasher to a single electrical outlet with an electric stove.
You connected the car by all rules, but did you feel the discharge of current? Then check the socket contacts. If they are oxidized, it is enough to clean them.
It is known that such a technique as a washing machine or a dishwasher must be connected via a differential automaton (RCD), or a voltage regulator should be installed. To establish an electrical network, it is better to contact a specialist.
How to check the internal elements of technology, read below.
What to do to eliminate the causes of breakdown on the case
You need to disassemble the car a bit to check the details. Start by inspecting the heater (TEN):
- Disconnect the equipment from the network and communications.
- Open the door and remove the baskets for the dishes.
- Unscrew the drain filter, pull out the rocker arm.
- Unscrew the screws in the sump near the filter. They fix the circulation unit.
- Lay a blanket or towel. Turn the PMM on the back.
- Unscrew the screws or unfasten the latches along the perimeter of the bottom cover.
- By removing the cover, you will find the circulation pump and the parts that are attached to it.
- Disconnect the pipe and the wiring from the heater.
- Visually inspect the heater. You can check in brine. To do this, the heater is lowered into the solution and the resistance is measured with a multimeter. However, only the master will be able to accurately determine the breakdown.
- Replace the faulty heater with a new one.
Important! Choose only original spare parts for your dishwasher model. So the machine will last longer without breakage.
You can conduct diagnostics in a simpler way. For this:
- Set the meter to Ometer mode.
- Connect the test leads to the heater contacts.
- If the heater is working, the instrument will show 21-22 ohms on the screen.
- Now attach one probe to the contact and the other to the chassis. Is the resistance infinite? So the heater is OK.
Carry out the diagnosis correctly. When measuring resistance, all parts, including the heater, must be dry. Otherwise, the machine will work and the readings will be inaccurate.
It remains to check the engine and wiring. While the machine is dismantled, inspect each wire, connection. If you notice an insulation fault, replace the element immediately. The engine is also diagnosed by a multimeter, only the winding is checked. If it detects a breakage, it will be cheaper to completely replace the unit, than to give it to rewind.
Always adhere to the safety rules when working with equipment:
- Do not touch the metal housing with wet hands when the appliance is connected to the mains.
- Do not install the dishwasher in a humid room.
- Do not operate the appliance if it has been damaged by insulation, plugs or sockets.
If your dishwasher beats current, you now know what to do. Be careful, disconnect the PMM from the network before starting work.
Related videos will help you:.