Does the washing machine overheat the water? For colored linens, woolen, cotton things this can be a disaster: they molt and sit down. Each wash program provides a certain temperature: 30, 40, 60 degrees. Delicate things need to be washed in the most gentle mode - no more than 40 ° C.
Why the machine overheats and how to fix the crash, read in our article..
FIND THE INSTRUCTION TO YOUR WASHING MACHINEARDOWE CAN ON THE SITE. Is free! Instructions can be downloaded or viewed online..
Content of the material:
1Symptoms and causes of the problem
- 1.1How hot water is heated in SMA
- 2How to fix the problem
Symptoms and causes of the problem
If the washing machine constantly heats or boils water, details have worn out. How to notice this:
- With a slight overheating (at 10-20 ° C) things can be shed, sit down even on a 30-degree regime.
- When boiling, you may notice that steam is coming from behind the door. The walls of the machine will be hot.
What to do.Before searching for the cause of the problem, interrupt the washing program, disconnect the equipment from the network. Try running the drain mode: if the water is very hot, it is best to wait a few hours until it cools. Boiling water can damage hoses and SMA pipes.
If the drain does not start, wait for cooling and run it through the drain filter.
When the tank is unloaded, it is possible to start diagnostics. For this it is important to understand the principle of heating in a washing machine Bosch, Siemens, Electrolux and other brands.
How hot water is heated in SMA
Once the tank is full, the machine starts to heat up:
- The control board sends a signal to the electric heater to start work.
- As soon as the temperature reaches the preset level, the thermistor reports this to the module.
- The control element gives TEN a command to stop work.
If one of the three parts fails or if a malfunction occurs in their operation, the washing machine starts boiling water. An additional cause may be burned wiring.
How to fix the problem
You will need devices for diagnosing, tools: a screwdriver, pliers.
Start by checking the thermistor and the heater. In washing machines, the temperature sensor is built into the base of the TEN, so you need to get to it.
Depending on the model of the stylalk, the heater can be located in the front or rear of the housing, under the tank. You can find out exactly in the instruction manual.
If you have a TEN in your car, you will have to completely disassemble the case, but this is rare. We will consider the variant that occurs most often: the placement of the heater at the rear wall.
- Close the shut-off valve.
- Disconnect the drain hose and filler hose from the body.
- Remove the two screws of the top cover. Move it forward, and then remove it from the case.
- Unscrew the bolts around the perimeter of the back cover, set it aside.
- Under the tank you will see the conclusions of the TEN.
If you decide to remove the part, buy a rubber seal. It allows the heater to sealed in the socket, and after the dismantling is damaged and does not fulfill its functions.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and inspect the wires for damage. If the insulation is broken or the burnt parts are visible, the operation of the element is not controlled by the board. The wiring harness must be replaced.
- To check, attach the test leads of the multimeter to the terminals, measure the resistance. If the indicators are more than 20 OM - the device is working, 0 - internal closure, 1 or infinity - breakage.
- To diagnose the thermistor, connect the test leads of the multimeter and measure the resistance at the temperature difference. At 20 degrees, the resistance should be about 6000 ohms. When immersed in hot water about 50 ° - 1350 ohms.
- To replace the defective components, unscrew the central nut of the heater (not fully) and press it inward.
- Remove the heater from the seat, pull out the thermistor.
- Perform the installation in reverse order.
The most difficult problem could happen with an electronic module. If he does not give the TEN the command to shut down, then the water will boil. Incorrect interpretation of the data of the temperature sensor leads to an increase in temperature by 10-30 degrees.
In this case, you need to re-install the module or replace it completely. Repair is best entrusted to a specialist. On your own you can only view the item for damage:
- Disconnect the equipment from the network.
- Remove the top cover by unscrewing the two screws from the rear.
- Unscrew the screws and remove the bulkhead, if any.
- Pull out the dispensing tray by pressing the retainer in the center.
- Unscrew the two screws that are behind it.
- Remove the bolts that secure the control panel.
- Having developed latches, remove the panel together with the block from the case.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and inspect the module for damage.
If you want to check the card, remove the module cover. See if there are any debris. If you notice a problem, take the part to a service center or contact the master.
So you can independently verify the elements of the AGR. Look useful video on repair: