You can replace the bearing in the washing machine Electrolux yourself: for this you will need a small set of tools and a desire to repair without calling the master. The work will be painstaking, as it will have to completely disassemble the CM.
After reading the article, you will understand the sequence of actions, after which you will be able to cope with the task.
Content of the material:
1That indicates a bearing failure in the Electrolux machine
- 1.1What tools will be needed?
- 2Step-by-step repair of washing machine Electrolux
That indicates a bearing failure in the Electrolux machine
How can I tell if the bearing is worn without disassembling the machine? In good condition, the washing machine works almost silently. The first signs of wear are noise and hum during operation. Each time, the vibration and grinding will increase - and you will not hear anything but the roar of technique.
A characteristic feature of the malfunction is the play of the drum. If you shake it with your hand, it shifts noticeably upwards from the tank.
Faulty bearings - a serious breakdown. However, replacing a part is much more profitable than buying a new car, therefore, having studied the sequence, proceed to the action.
How to choose the right bearing for the washing machine? Remove the old part and leave with the sample in the store. The seller will pick up the necessary details for you.
What tools will be needed?
For self-repair you will need:
- Screwdrivers (cross, flat).
- Combination pliers.
- Rubber hammer.
- Tool WD-40.
- Sealant or sealant.
Got the necessary tools? Now turn off the machine from the mains, turn off the water tap. Disconnect the hoses coming to the CM, drain the water.
Before you change the bearing in the Electrolux machine, you need to push it away from the wall, providing a place to work.
Step-by-step repair of washing machine Electrolux
At once we will make a reservation, that similar repair is carried out equally for various models СМА Electrolux. Over time, the manufacturer can change the control panel, improve the electronics, but the internal design remains unchanged.
It is better to replace the bearings in the Electrolux washing machine as soon as the malfunction is noticed.
To the peculiarities of the assembly of Electrolux, it is possible to attribute an unusual connection of the case. It consists of the front and back parts, which are joined by a seam in the center of the lateral part. Therefore, to access the tank it will be sufficient to remove the rear half of the body.
- Remove the bolts from the rear, remove the top panel.
- Unscrew the screws at the bottom of the back cover.
- Unscrew the side panel screws that are located below. Remove the plastic latches that cover the bolts.
- Do the same on the opposite side.
- Now unscrew the upper mounting bolts.
- Using a flathead screwdriver, squeeze out the plastic latch of the valve, which is attached to the rear wall.
- Remove the valve and remove the cover.
You got access to the tank at the back of the car. Proceed to further disassembly - to remove the drum.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Disconnect the cable connectors from the heater (TEN).
- Unclip the plastic clips to completely disconnect the wiring.
- Disconnect the wires from the washing machine motor.
- Unscrew the fixing bolts (usually 3-4 screws), remove the motor from the housing.
- Remove the pressure sensor screw.
- Unscrew the self-tapping screw securing the drain pipe clamp.
- Disconnect the pipe.
- With the help of pliers pull out the shock absorbers.
Bottom of the tank does not hold anything. It remains to release the upper part.
- Unscrew the clamp, disconnect the water supply connection.
- Remove the nozzle at the top front of the tank.
- Remove the rubber cuff of the hatch.
- Unbolting the cuff, remove the clamp.
- After removing the springs of the tank, remove it from the casing SM.
Laying the tank on a flat surface, you need to remove the pulley.
- Lock the pulley against the tank.
- Remove the central bolt.
- Unscrew bolts along the edge of the tank, connecting the two halves.
- Remove one half of the tank, set aside.
- After removing the drum, you will have access to the bearing at the bottom.
If you find a large amount of scale on the walls of the tank, it must be removed. Then you need to pull out the bearing. Start from the stuffing box, podkovyrnuv his flat screwdriver. To make things easier, use WD-40.
- Put the chisel on the bearing, knock it out, tapping it with a mallet.
- Clean the nest with sandpaper, then wipe with a descaling agent.
- Install a new bearing in the tank socket. To make it sit down, gently tap the bolt with a hammer, which is evenly rearranged along the outer edge.
Be careful! Do not strike the inner race of the bearing. In this case, the balls inside are deformed, which will significantly shorten the life of the element.
Repeat the installation process from the inside of the tank.
- Lubricate the inside of the stuffing box.
- Install the oil seal over the bearing. If it does not fully enter the nest, evenly tap the rubber kyankoy around the edges.
Now it remains to put the drum in its place and cover it with the second part of the tank. Before this, lubricate the seams of the tank with a sealant for better adhesion and reliable sealing. Install the second part in place by screwing the bolts around the perimeter. Further assembly takes place in the reverse order.
Knowing how to replace the bearings in the washing machine Electrolux, you can do it yourself. In this video will help you on the topic:.