In the list of purchases for the household, each of us has long been prescribed a detergent powder. Is it possible to replace it with anything? Try making a powder for washing yourself. It may be necessary if you have run out of a purchase or have started an allergy to "chemistry".
Next, we will consider the advantages and disadvantages of home-made powders and offer the simplest and most effective recipes.
Content of the material:
- 1Home powder: good or bad
- 2What you need for cooking
3How to make a washing powder: recipes from soap
- 3.1Recipe for linen and cotton things
- 3.2Recipe for delicate fabrics
- 3.3Recipe for synthetics
- 3.4The recipe for "baby" powder
- 3.5Recipe: Liquid
- 4What can replace the washing powder in the machine
Home powder: good or bad
Before you make a detergent, find out how profitable it is. So, the pros:
- There are no harmful chemical components in the composition.
- There is no sharp odor.
- Not allergenic, suitable for washing children's things.
- There is a large selection of recipes for powders, even for automatic machines.
- Removes difficult stains.
- Available ingredients at an affordable price.
Minuses are less, but they should be talked about:
- Home powder takes time to make.
- A powder made at home is prone to leaving a divorce.
- Washing under the prescriptions, providing in the composition of soda ash, requires to protect hands with gloves.
The disadvantages are much less, therefore, if there is a desire and good reasons, you can safely make the powder with your own hands. You only need to choose a suitable recipe.
What you need for cooking
In most recipes, soap is used as the main ingredient. So store them for future use. And also prepare the containers and devices that you will need for work:
- a pan that would not be pitied;
- wooden spoon;
- containers (bottles).
For all classic home-made powders, you need to take:
- soap (make sure that there are no perfumes in the composition);
- calcined or baking soda;
- citric acid;
- lavender essential oil (or another for your taste, for example, mandarin or eucalyptus);
- edible rock salt;
Useful properties of the listed ingredients:
- Bura (terorabate Na) is a mineral that has detergent properties due to its alkaline composition. It is part of the fabric softening agents. Fights against fungi and bacteria.
- Soda perfectly neutralizes the pH if the alkali or acid is in excess. Also soda makes the fabric softer and has a disinfectant effect on it.
- Soap is a habitual means for washing by hand, but, correctly applying in recipes, it is possible to use it in the AGR.
- Oils give the product a pleasant smell.
- Salt and citric acid further cleans the tissue from stains.
- Water is needed to make the consistency.
Important! If this is your debut in making home-made powder, take on a few recipes and make "samplers" to choose the right option.
How to make a washing powder: recipes from soap
If you are going to prepare a powder from household soap and other ingredients, use proven recipes - do not "chemist" yourself, so as not to damage things and the machine.
Recipe for linen and cotton things
To wash these fabrics, you need to prepare an alkaline reaction. You will need:
- 50 g of laundry soap;
- 200 g of baking soda;
- 100 g of soda ash;
- a tablespoon of salt.
- Take the grater and chop the soap.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir with a spoon or blender.
- Use as directed.
Recipe for delicate fabrics
For woolen and silk things, the components must be chosen carefully so as not to spoil the fabric. Soda can not be used, but "lemon" is suitable. For colored fabrics, soda is replaced with salt. So, take:
- 100 g of soap;
- 400 g of salt or soda;
- 2 tablespoons of citric acid.
How to cook:
- Grate soap on the grater.
- Add the salt.
- Put in the acid.
- Mix the ingredients and pour into a container.
Recipe for synthetics
For artificial fabrics, use baking soda instead of calcined soda or take them in unequal proportions. Washing (both manually and in CM) is no more than 40 degrees. Take the substance in this proportion:
- 50 g of soap;
- 250 g of baking soda;
- 75 g of soda ash.
- Rub the soap.
- Mix with soda.
- Use to wash synthetics in cool water.
The recipe for "baby" powder
In this case, mitigation and disinfection is required, so the composition of the facility will be as follows:
- 100 g of soap;
- 400 g of baking soda;
- 150 g of borax.
Next, to make a powder, proceed as follows:
- Rub the soap.
- Mix with other substances.
- Stir well.
- Use for washing.
Due to the flowing consistency, the consumption of the product is reduced. It can be used for all tissues, except sensitive ones. Take:
- 100 grams of laundry soap;
- 400 grams of baking soda;
- 200 grams of borax;
- 5 liters of water;
- 15 milliliters of any essential oil with a pleasant smell.
Preparation of liquid powder:
- Pour a fifth of the water into the pan.
- Put in the grated soap.
- Cook on low heat until the soap dissolves.
- Boil the rest of the water.
- Add everything except the oil.
- Pour in the oil.
- Pour into bottles after cooling.
Important! Keep all funds in a dark and cool place. Shake or shake well before use.
What can replace the washing powder in the machine
Think, what to replace a powder, if you have an automatic stimalka? You can use any of the listed tools without hesitation. If pieces of soap come out too large, and you are afraid that the powder tray will clog, put the product directly into the drum. The consumption will be approximately this (for 5 kg of dry linen):
- Mixtures of dry type: 150-200 grams.
- Liquid means: 100 grams.
Replacing the powder with self-made mixtures is completely justified. From "chemistry" a lot of harm:
- Surfactants (surfactants) and phosphates are the main components of modern powders. They are poorly washed from the tissue and penetrate the body. Often, no less harmful "chemistry" is used in non-phosphate agents, so do not believe the word for advertising tricks - study the composition.
- Surfactants can cause allergies.
- Toxicity of phosphates has been repeatedly proven: through the skin they get into the blood and negatively affect the work of such internal organs as the liver and kidneys.
- Whitening components, sodium silicate and others adversely affect the immune system, provoke dermatoses, allergic reactions, cause a feeling of dry skin.
In any case, it's up to you - which powder to use: purchased or home. If there is time, desire and a little extra soap, soda and salt, make a safe means. You quickly get used to it, forget about the allergy and persistent smell of chemistry after washing.