After you decided to become a beekeeper and bought a couple of families, it's time for the need for new hives. Families grow and swarm, and they need to be planted in new houses. You can, of course, buy ready, but second-hand to buy is dangerous. It is not known what diseases you can buy with them, but on new prices bite. It remains one thing - to make beehives for bees with their own hands according to the blueprints. If you know all the rules of manufacture, then this is quite easy.
In this article, we will just talk about making hives by our own hands, the right sizes and drawings for them. We learn what a hive is and how to make it..
Table of contents
- Materials that are needed for making a beehive
- Types and designs of hives
- Popular designs
- Ukrainian sun lounger
- Popular designs
- How to build a classic hive step by step
- Instruction of a house for bees with drawings
- Beehive lounger on 16, 20 and 24 frames: drawings and dimensions
- Hive production instructions for 24 frames
- How to make lunatic evidence on 20 and 16 frames
- Frames in the hive: the size and description of how to make your own hands
Materials that are needed for making a beehive
In ancient times beekeepers extracted honey in hollows of trees, then began to hollow out decks for bees. With the development of beekeeping, they began to make clues for bees with their own hands of various designs, and the material on them goes different.
A classic option for making hives for bees.In such houses, bees feel themselves in natural conditions, close to natural ones.The best kind of wood for making will be cedar, although it is possible and linden, aspen. Such hives breathe better, they smell nice and they dry.
Hives from aspen and linden in winter require additional warming. And these are expensive materials.
Some beekeepers are engaged in manufacturing beehives with their own hands from cheaper materials. This - pine, spruce, fir. But in such evidence, bees are not comfortable.They collect moisture and tar, especially in new. Coniferous smell. Well in them only one, they are warm and require minimal warming for the winter.
Durable and ecological material.The house made of it must be covered with colors and insulated from the inside with expanded polystyrene, then it will be dry and warm. But plywood is afraid of moisture and requires constant and proper care.
A modern material used by beekeepers for making hives.It has low cost and does not require additional warming in the winter.
The most economical option.It is possible to use packaging from household appliances. Plus such material its lightness even with filled frames. Excellent thermal insulation. The downside of this material is its fragility and permanent coloration, so that it does not scatter from the effects of sunlight.
Excellent thermal insulation properties. Does not rot, does not decompose. It does not develop fungus and bacteria. It does not leak moisture and it does not collect inside. He is not liked by gnawing bees, mice and birds.
Having carefully studied the characteristics of the material, you can proceed with the construction of the hive. Consider options for the construction of wooden and foam houses..
Types and designs of hives
For the maintenance of bees, several types of hives are used that differ in design, volume, material and functionality.To provide bees with suitable housing means to create them good conditions for life and work, and themselves a good harvest of honey.
Houses for bees by design are divided:
- not folding.
The last because of the complexity of care almost no one uses. All beekeepers use frame hives, where the number of frames can vary. The lure of a 24-piece lounger, made by own hands, is popular. However, there are options for 16 and 20 frames.
In turn, frame hives are divided into:
The horizontal or "lounger" consists of one body.The expansion goes to the sides. With such evidence it is easy to work, change the number of frames, but they have a drawback - they are bulky and heavy.
The vertical ones consist of several buildings. This form is easy and mobile.
In both forms, several sections are used. They are separated by partitions, which allows you to vary the volume in any direction.
Also you will be interested to know:
- What to do when a bee stings.
- How to apply royal jelly in cosmetology and medicine.
- How to use propolis tincture at home.
It is used on almost all apiaries. It is made of wood (cedar, spruce, pine, linden, aspen). It differs in simplicity and spaciousness. It consists of 12 frames and can be supplemented, as the family grows, with shops or buildings. In winter, the bees are kept in the nest compartment.With the onset of heat and the increase in the family, they are appointed corps.
Multiple hull. The creator of the French beekeeper Roger Delon. Made on the principle of hollow. That is, the natural conditions for the living of bees have been created and taken into account.
Compact design is convenient for limited spaces. There are no partitions or ventilation holes. Air naturally comes through the ice.
This house for bees, made by own handsis intended for keeping bees in the southern regions, because because of the constant permutations of the buildings there is a hypothermia of the house. It consists of 6 buildings with 10 frames.
In connection with the increase in the incidence of bees among beekeepers, cluster hives have become popular. Such evidencehave thin partitions, so bees create a microclimate on their own.
Ukrainian sun lounger
Such a design of the hive is largest in sizesuitable for beginners. They are easy to maintain. Easy to build, which will allow you to master the skills of beekeeping. Usually such beehives are 20 frames. The side walls of the house are insulated, so the bees in them perfectly winter.
There are many designs of clues, but we will dwell in more detail on the classic, a lounger with a different number of frames and multi-corpuscle fraudless. In this case, there are beehives hanging on 16, 20 and 24 frames..
How to build a classic hive step by step
Because of the simplicity of production, the classic option is the Dada's beehive.
The classic design for the production of hives consists of:
- One or more buildings.
- One or two stores.
- The bottom of the hive.
- The ceiling.
- Plug-in board.
Instruction of a house for bees with drawings
And now let's talk about how to make a hive with your own hands step by step. Dimensions of the beehive for bees can be very different, but we will focus on one option. To do this you will need:
- pick up material(linden, pine, cedar, fir, polystyrene, polyurethane, polystyrene), it must be dried;
- boards take a thickness of 4 cm, go to the manufacture of the bottom and shell;
- in the boards to make grooves for connecting the walls of the shell;
- to produce slats 18 * 4 mm;
- to join the boards into shields, for this purpose the grooves are lubricated with PVA glue or liquid nails and pressed tightly against each other;
- you need to make five walls (one will be the bottom);
- walls connect with each other;
- the lower case is assembled;
- paint the beehive with acrylic paints and allow to dry;
- you need to drill the cells.
A 15 mm thick board is required for the lid and overburden. Collect and cover with tin, so that water does not fall. To paint.Make ventilation holes in diameter 1.4 cm.
- rear and front shield (cm): width 53, height 32, thickness 4.
- side shield (cm): width 48, height 32, thickness 4.
- internal (cm): width 45, height 45, thickness 32.
In order to place frames in the body, it is required to make folds.
Dimensions 1.1 * 2 cm.
If there is a multi-hull bee hive, the dimensions will be different: 1 * 1.4 cm.
Drawing 12 of the frame hive:
Drawing 10 of the frame hive:
The frame in the nest is 43.5 * 30 cm;
Shop window - 43.5 * 14.5 cm;
Distance from the walls of the body to the side bars 0.07 cm;
Space under the frame - 2.5 cm;
The width of the side of the frame is 3.7 cm...
Beehive lounger on 16, 20 and 24 frames: drawings and dimensions
What tools and material will be needed?
- Wood, plywood, polystyrene.
- Rulers, or roulettes.
- Drill, drill, self-tapping screws.
- Handles for carrying.
- Galvanized sheet metal for roof.
- A framework of 24 pieces.
Dimensions of the hive:
- a frame of 30 * 43.5 cm;
- body (cm): length 87, width 56.5, height 63.5;
- length of the roof (cm): outside 93.5, inside 81;
- thickness of the bottom is 3.5 cm;
- the lower leaflet is 1.2 * 14 cm;
- the top tray is 2.5 cm in diameter.
Hive production instructions for 24 frames
- From the prepared material, cut out the details according to the drawings.
- Collect the bottom. Connect two racks and flooring using ground and nails.
- Connect the side walls and attach to the bottom. Make a ledge for the bars 2 cm.
- On the front and back walls make grooves for the frames. The size is 1.8 * 1.1 cm.
- From below cut through the tapes.
- Attach the latch and the board.
- Make a roof. Mount the boards with nails in a spike.
- Attach the hinges to the roof for opening.
- Break the roof with tin.
- On the back of the roof, make a vent hole 20 * 0.03 cm.
- On the front walldrill a hole 2.5 cm in diameter.
- Cover them with a grid.
- To the bottom of a strong leg.
- Proolifit and dye.
- To attach the handles to make it convenient for carrying.
How to make lunatic evidence on 20 and 16 frames
It is made on the same principle with a difference in sizes.
Multi-body haphazard beehive: dimensions and drawings.
Over the years, this hive has not lost its popularity in use. Convenient design allows them to use everywhere. And in manufacturing it is simple.
In order to properly build a hive, you need to know what the structure consists of:
- Overburden or ceiling.
- The shops.
- Separation grid.
The body looks like a box in appearance. Its size from the inside (cm): width of 37.5; length 45; height 24.
It includes 10 - 12 frames in the size of 43.5 * 23 cm.
Reducing the size leads to inconvenience in working with frames. They can not be reached when they are strongly pre-polled or swelled from moisture. Therefore, some increase the width of the body to 38 cm.
For the production of cases you need to take carefully dried boards. They must dry out within a year. When sawing parts, boards should be with a small margin (3-5 mm). The stock is left for further fitting the parts. For detachment it is recommended to leave a 1 cm gap.
On the front and back of the body make folds to frame them. Size 1.1 and 1.7 cm. This depth allows you to freely put the upper body.
On the side walls you need to attach the handles or small grooves.
From the end of the hive under the roof a hole is drilled in 25 mm for ventilation of the house.
Boxes with frames are tightly connected to each other. This does not use folds. Such a design solution is more convenient in operation and easier to build.
Also you should read about:
- Healing properties of ointment from propolis.
- The secrets of the treatment of tincture of wax moth and recipes for its preparation.
- How to determine the quality and naturalness of honey.
In cases with the use of folds during transportation or transportation, bees are most often slaughtered in the lower part and hide in seam grooves, and then they die.Most often, the uterus perishes in them and the beekeepers abandoned such hives in favor of a flatter design.
For the production of the roof a 2 cm thick die is taken. A shield is made from it, which is covered with a galvanized sheet.
The bottom is better to make a removable, two-sided.
- three bars 57 * 6.5 * 3.5 cm - lateral;
- one 44.5 * 6.5 * 3. cm is installed from the rear.
Do them in the grooves. Width 3.5 and depth 1 cm. Assemble the n-shaped structure. The grooves are designed for installing the floor plate.
It is necessary to provide a protrusion of the transmission of 50 mm. It serves as a board.
The overburden (ceiling) is a solid shield, assembled from plaques, measuring 52 * 44 cm. Around it is a bezel made of slats. Their width is 3.5 and a thickness of 1.5 cm. A hole is made in the center. It is necessary for ventilation between the bodies or a feeder is placed on it.
On the body, the overburden is placed smooth side without rim, which allows bees to move freely. It can also serve as a dividing grid, in this case a mesh is poured into the hole.
Stand.It is made of bars according to the size of the bottom. At the front, a wide ram is pinned at an angle of 45 °. It will be a flight board.
In the side bars saw a groove measuring 2.5 * 9 cm. They are designed for convenience, when you need to raise the hive or fix it when moving.
Dimensions of the separation grid.It is intended to isolate temporary isolation of the uterus. To divide the body with brood from honey.
The size of the grille must match the size of the inner case. It is put on bars. It is made of wire mesh.
Dimensions of the frames.Case and store frames can also be made by hand. They must comply with the drawings.
Drawings of multi-hull beehives.
Frames in the hive: the size and description of how to make your own hands
Frames are an important part in hives and the main work is done with them. From the constant operation they come into disrepair and need to be added. Therefore, the beekeeper must always have a large supply. To save them, it is better to manufacture them yourself than to constantly buy them.
To make frames, we use the following tools:
- an awl;
- shoe nails;
- coil of fine wire.
For manufacturing use natural materials.It's better if it's dried out during the year. To make a frame, you need to know what parts it consists of:
Grooved or uniform.
Ordinary, grooved or with a through at a time.
They have holes for drawing wire under the wax.
The size of the frames depends on the design of your hive. Standard sizes are:
- the width of the upper and lateral tips is 2.5 cm;
- height of the upper brusochka 2 cm;
- the width of the lower 1.5 - 2.5 cm;
- height of 1 cm;
- external dimensions vary from the design of the hive, but usually 43.5 * 30 cm.
After you have chosen the material and decided on the dimensions, we proceed to the immediate manufacture of the frame.
- Cut out details from the dry cuttings according to the dimensions of the drawing.
- Using the shoe nails to connect all the details.
- On the side rails, drill 4 holes and two double wires to fix the wire. The distances between the holes must be equal.
- Tighten the wire.Start from the top hole and stretch it with a snake. Take care that the wire does not intersect anywhere. Secure it securely so that heavy honeycombs do not accidentally break off. As a result, you should get 4 lines.
On the frames prepared in this way, the wax is fixed.
Now you know how to make hives for bees with your own hands with drawings. Using drawings and sizes you can easily build it yourself, thereby saving the budget and providing bees with comfortable living conditions.