Does your refrigerator need repair? Technique for several years served without breakdowns, but here the defrost system ceased to work? Of course, with such a malfunction can not continue to operate. If there is no defrost in the refrigerator, the timer may need to be replaced. There are other causes of the malfunction that need to be checked.
Content of the material:
- 1Do not thaw the back of the refrigerator
- 2Refrigeration timer defrost timer repair
Do not thaw the back of the refrigerator
The nature of the failure may depend on the type of defrost in your refrigerator. In older models, a drop defrost system was installed: the user had to manually thaw the equipment at regular intervals.
Modern manufacturers use the system No Frost, which means: there is no frost. Such a technique does not need artificial defrosting, since there should be no snow and ice. The refrigerator is equipped with a fan that overtakes cold air. At the outlet, air passes through the evaporator, leaving a frost on it, which thaws into a special compartment.
Once you opened the refrigerator "Indesit "Atlant "Samsung" or another model, you found that the defrost does not work. Outgrowth of ice and snow formed on the back wall of the chamber. What happened?
Why does not the back wall thaw:
- For electronic control, a frequent problem is the failure of the thermostat, which regulates the temperature. It happens that the user incorrectly exposes the values, so the refrigerator freezes.
In models with electronic control, an air sensor could break. A faulty thermal sensor supplies incorrect signals to the module. The compressor starts to work without stopping, so the snow on the wall does not thaw.
- A similar situation occurs when a refrigerant leaks when the system is working hard to raise the temperature. Leakage occurs when the body or capillary is damaged.
- The clogging in the capillary pipe leads to poor circulation of the refrigerant. It is necessary to clean the system from clogging and refuel freon.
- The shell insulation began to freeze. The accumulation of moisture on the walls led to the wetting of the housing insulation. You need to remove the spoiled and put a new isolation.
- The cooling switching valve does not work, so one of the compartments starts to freeze.
It may also be that after the defrost the refrigerator does not turn on. You open the camera door, but no cooling occurs. Perhaps, only one department does not work, or both at once.
Do not rush to look for a malfunction, give the refrigerator a day so that it can enter into the operating mode and collect the temperature.
- If the refrigerator does not turn on or runs for a short time, freon leakage is likely to occur. The temperature in the chambers rises, can sound a beep or a red light may light up.
- If the motor-compressor fails, the technician does not turn on at all, the light in the department does not light up. The motor can be started for a short time and immediately disconnected.
- Breakdown of the electronic unit due to moisture ingress. The system can behave unpredictably: do not start, it's hard to freeze.
Proper maintenance of machinery will help avoid such breakdowns. It is important to defrost the refrigerator correctly. After clearing the chambers, allow time for natural defrosting. Do not try to accelerate thawing by chipping ice with foreign objects. After connecting, do not immediately clutter the shelves of products, even if the refrigerator will work for a couple of hours.
Refrigeration timer defrost timer repair
If your equipment is equipped with a No Frost system, a timer might break and cause problems. It is programmed for a certain time, through which the defrost is started. You can check and replace the timer in the refrigerator.
How to check the defrost timer:
- open the door of the freezer;
- pull out all the shelves and baskets;
- remove the panel that covers the fan;
- remove the inner panel where the fan and timer are located;
- you need to close the timer wires: if it turned off, then the element is working.
To learn more, check out the video:.
Most often, the timer goes out of order due to "sticking". If the device is stuck in the cooling or defrosting position, the refrigerator will work accordingly. Also, the timer circuit could break.
From the proper handling of technology depends on its service life. Install the refrigerator on a flat surface, only defrost empty chambers. If the motor does not start working after defrosting, contact the master.