Buying a pump to service a country house will save a lot of problems. A relatively inexpensive compact equipment will pick up water in the tanks for irrigation, take it to the bathhouse, to the kitchen, to the pond or pool in the area. You have to agree that it is too difficult to master so many things manually, and it is almost impossible.
Pumping equipment will easily perform all the work listed for you, if before purchasing it all technical and hydrogeological nuances were taken into account. We are happy to help you understand this difficult question. The article presented for familiarization contains all the characteristics and circumstances necessary for a competent choice.
The information we offer will help to thoroughly understand what should be paid attention to before buying, which pump is better for the well, what needs to be provided for the connection. We have listed the leaders in the production of pumping equipment for private purposes. The information is supported by video and photo examples.
The content of the article:
Guidelines for selecting a pump for pumping out of a well
- Which option is needed - superficial or deep?
- Necessary and sufficient characteristics of the unit
- Sample calculations for the selection of equipment
- The differences of pumps on the principle of action
Overview of pumps from proven manufacturers
- Decent offers of foreign brands
- Details about pumps of domestic production
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Guidelines for selecting a pump for pumping out of a well
To purchase well pump must be carefully prepared.
Without information about the source of water supply, even a brilliant seller will not be able to say with accuracy which device will fit perfectly.
The characteristics of the pump are selected on the basis of the calculated value of water flow and the type of source from which water is to be extracted.
For the perfect selection of the pump requires the following information:
- The distance from the entry point to the bottom of the well. For suburban collapsible water pipelines it is counted from the top edge of the tip, because the water supply hose usually starts up through it. For permanent plumbing, this distance is set aside from the point of entry through the wall of the well. You can determine the simplest measuring device made of twine and tied to her weight.
- Static level or otherwise the mirror of water. This is the distance from the earth line to the surface of the water in the well. For a hand-made determination, the above-described fixture needs to be upgraded by replacing an arbitrary load with a weighty nut. It must be tied behind two opposite walls, so that the hole of the nut in contact with the surface of the water produces something similar to cotton.
- Dynamic level. It is determined similarly, but before it is measured, water is pumped out of the mine. Before determining the static indicator, water cannot be pumped out.
- The total height of the well. This value can be found by adding the heights used in the construction of the rings.
- Site plan with dimensions. It is necessary to determine the distance from the place of water intake to the points of water intake. A hand-drawn diagram with accurate distances will do.
- Difference between dynamic and static level characteristic. Value gives the right to determine the flow rate of the well.
- The height of the water column. Equal to the distance between the bottom and the dynamic level.
- The degree of water pollution. Crystal clear or finely divided, it belongs to the technical or drinking category.
Armed with measured and calculated data, you can safely go to the profile shop.
For proper selection of the pump, information on the source of water supply is needed: static and dynamic groundwater level, well depth, degree of water pollution (+)
However, it’s not enough for a good host to select a flawless pump to the well. In order not to become a victim of a banal deception, it is necessary to expand and increase the knowledge base.
It is necessary to find out the technical characteristics of the pump: maximum performance, maximum pressure, maximum depth with which the pump can pump water (+)
Which option is needed - superficial or deep?
The design specificity of water pumps is directly related to the depth of the excavated output.
According to the specified parameter, all types of water supply units are divided into:
- Surface. Installed in the house or near the well. The surface type is used to transport water from a depth of not more than 7 to 9 m. Used mainly in summer. to provide temporary accommodation facilities with water, they can be used to draw water from open sources and small wells.
- Submersible, otherwise deep or borehole. They are lowered directly into the production, attached to the supply hose and the fastening cable. Submersible pumps supply water from a depth of 9 to 200 m. They are mainly used as the main working body of autonomous aquifer systems operating year-round.
Design and installation of surface pumps Significantly easier than deep brethren. Suction capability and efficiency significantly lower, which leads to a relatively low price.
Submersible pumps are structurally more difficult, much more expensive. They are equipped with multi-stage engines, thanks to which pumps can extract water from a great depth and create a significant pressure at the same time.
Surface are placed in the house or near the well, submersible or deep well pumps at the end of the hose are lowered into the well or reservoir
True, in the family of deep-seated units you can find representatives who work perfectly in “shallow” wells of 15–20 m each. Note that there will be no blockage or damage to the motor if, between the bottom of the well and the submersible pump, the height of the water column is at least meter
A similar distance should be between the top of the apparatus and the minimum water level in the well.
A photo of
For pumping water from deep wells, the depth of which exceeds 10 m, it is better to use a submersible well pump.
Submersible pumps are easy to recognize by the elongated configuration of the stainless steel housing.
Before immersion in a well or a well, the pump must be secured with a cable available in the assembly of the unit
A hose is connected to the submersible pump to supply water from the well. The unit is protected from dirt penetration by a filter located at the base.
Use of submersible pumps in wells
Shape and material of the body of deep-well pumps
Fixation of the well pump in the development
Water hose connection
In the lines of submersible units there are well and dumbbell models. Both options can be used for the equipment of the well, but it is preferable to have a system with the appropriate name as a more adapted type.
Both are designed for pumping water without pollution. For normal operation, they need a clean water environment without sand and clay suspension.
It is undesirable for a deep-seated technique to be installed in an old well. In case of emergency, the walls and bottom of the excavation should be strengthened, after pumping out the water. Cracks and potholes should be sealed with a concrete solution and a new bottom filter should be made.
Surface pumps are mainly used in summer water supply systems, their weighty plus lies in the possibility of using them for drawing water from open sources
Surface systems are less sensitive to dirt. If the well is a high-flow installation intended for technical purposes, the choice should be stopped at one of the surface pumps.
For workings with an unstable water supply, there are models with a signal float, which automatically stops pumping when the level falls below the technical limit.
Surface type pumps can be used to extract water from wells up to 30 m deep, if equip with an ejector. The device is lowered into the production of the type of submersible unit, but the pumping of water is carried out directly by the surface system.
However, with increasing depth, the performance of such a tandem decreases, and energy consumption increases. Acquisition of the said pair for deep development is considered unprofitable. Better to buy pump stationequipped with storage tank and automatic.
From the mine workings with unstable flow rate, water is extracted by submersible pumps with float-signal devices. The model in the photo is suitable for pumping water from a depth of up to 13 m
Necessary and sufficient characteristics of the unit
The registration certificate of the unit will acquaint the future owner with the most useful information needed in selecting the best pump model for the well.
The following characteristics should be considered:
- Maximum performance. Indicates the number of liters supplied by the unit per minute. Depends on the power of the machine and the capacity of the water transporting pipe. Need for comparison with the real need for water.
- Suction depth Indicated in meters, indicates from what depth the pump can pump and transport water. Need for comparison with the dynamic level and the specific depth of the well.
- Maximum head. It determines the distance between the water intake point and the highest point of the water analysis. It is necessary for comparison with the required value of the hydro-pressure calculated for specific conditions.
The main characteristic of the pump is performance. It should be equal to the flow rate of water operated simultaneously points or the amount of water consumed in one hour.
It is unreasonable to buy a pumping unit with excess capacity. If the equipment will constantly switch to the “dry run”, the service life will noticeably decrease. On the other hand, illiterate pump selection will entail a lack of pressure and a lack of water.
When designing a water supply system in a country house, first of all it is necessary to determine the required water flow; for this, the number and location of water intake points are calculated.
Another very important parameter affects the choice of pump model in terms of performance - well flow rate. The amount of water in mine workings embedded in a sandy aquifer is most often unstable.
Therefore, the performance of the unit and the frequency of its work are strongly recommended to be coordinated with the flow rate of the well, and then to focus on water consumption.
Sample calculations for the selection of equipment
Suppose we buy a submersible pump for a well 25 meters deep. The dynamic level, measured after pumping, has been established at a depth of 15 meters. The distance to the house is 30 meters.
Discharge points are located in the first and second floor of the cottage. Conditional consumers will be: shower, kitchen and watering faucet. Toilet bowl and washbasin as a means of periodic use neglected.
Calculate the pressure. To do this, we summarize the dynamic level of 15 m, the horizontal segment of the aqueduct, 30 m of which is equal to 3 m of vertical flow (30/10 = 3). They add on the gravitational indicator of 5 m, consisting of 1 m for delivery to the first floor and 4 m for delivery to the second.
We add 30 m required for normal functionality of any pumping system. The following expression turned out to be 15 + 3 + 5 + 30 = 53 m or otherwise 5.3 Atm is the necessary minimum for supplying water to the cottage. It is customary to select a technique for productivity with a small margin, taking into account some loss of power in the process of wear.
To calculate the water consumption, the number of residents in the house is predicted, the number and location of the water points are counted: faucets, toilet bowls, bathtubs, washing machines, etc.
Calculate water consumption. We have three permanent water points. A water tap consumes up to 18 liters per minute, a mixer in the kitchen 10 liters, and a shower 12 liters per minute. It turns out 40 liters, to which we add 5 liters to the plumbing, periodically consuming water.
Estimated water consumption parameters for individual plumbing fixtures are listed in the table, if necessary, the values should be converted to the units of measure indicated in the pump technical data
We take into account that the flow should be less than the flow rate of the well by about 15%. If the dynamic level drops as a result of water pumping, the pump will switch to “dry run”, which ultimately accelerates the wear of the equipment.
Choose pump. Compare performance data of the selected model with water consumption and well flow rate. If the storage system is not supposed to include a storage tank, the pump must supply water in the volume of the total second flow.
In the presence of a conventional storage tank or hydroaccumulator need to focus on the hourly flow of water.
For the verification of the values of pressure and water flow, manufacturers of pumping equipment have developed tables, with the help of which is the choice of the optimal option (in the denominator head, in the numerator of the water flow)
The differences of pumps on the principle of action
The operation of all types of water pumps consists in sucking in water and then pushing it into the water intake pipe and further along the pipeline. A vacuum is created inside the unit, due to which suction occurs.
The portion of water pumped into the vacuum chamber is displaced by the next portion. This continues until the coveted liquid enters the faucet intended for its passage.
For efficient operation of a centrifugal pump, water should not contain a large number of suspended particles, however, a small amount of contamination is permissible (+)
According to the methods of forming a vacuum, household pumping equipment is divided into the following types:
- Centrifugal. Work due to the formation of centrifugal force of the blades of the centrifugal wheel. These include a solid part of the surface aggregates. The least sensitive to the presence of sand in the water is centrifugal pumpsbut there are restrictions on the degree of contamination.
- Whirling. Create a vacuum by rotating the vortex wheel. This is a disk with small blades placed around the circumference, forming a vortex cavity inside the device. The particles of water that fall into it are reported to have an additional acceleration, due to which the vortex aggregates give a pressure of greater value than the centrifugal ones. The lack of vortex devices is a vulnerability to dirty water.
- Electromagnetic, otherwise vibrating. They function by drawing in water by the diaphragm located inside, which in turn actuates the reciprocating motion of the electromagnetic field. Refer to the submersible pumps, in contrast to the vortex counterparts are more adapted to somewhat polluted water.
Self-priming pumps were invented to extract and transport water with significant air content. These are surface systems, in the model range of which one can find options with and without an ejector. Various companies produce self-priming pumping equipment for pumping clean or polluted water.
Vortex pumps are recommended for pumping clean water without the presence of abrasive particles and chemically non-aggressive liquids to the pump construction materials (+)
All of these types of pumps are used in the construction of autonomous water supply systems, supply water for household needs, drinking purposes and irrigation of the site.
A self-priming pump is recommended for pumping water even in the presence of air mixed with the pumped liquid without abrasive particles and chemically non-corrosive liquids to materials (+)
Overview of pumps from proven manufacturers
The buyer, who owns the estate with a well, was offered an extensive range of reliable pumping equipment supplied by domestic and foreign manufacturing companies.
Decent offers of foreign brands
We list the popular foreign brands of pumps that are in demand among summer residents and lovers of suburban life:
- ESPA, Spain. The products of the manufacturer Espa Group are distinguished by their stable performance, endurance, and are very pleased with their maximum adaptability for operation in difficult Russian conditions. The company's activities started with the release of centrifugal pumping systems more than half a century ago. Now for domestic use, the company offers a series of submersible well pumps and surface stations. Price tag from 9 thousand rub.
- PEDROLLO, Italy. For over 20 years, it has been supplying to the domestic market well pumps of the deep category and self-priming surface units. The company's products are attracted by lightness, successfully combined with the strength of parts and housing, in the production of used anti-corrosion materials that meet high environmental requirements. Price from 14 thousand rub.
- KARCHER or abbreviated KG, Germany. It has been producing pumps for more than 80 years; there are submersible pumps and water supply stations with automatic and hydraulic tanks in the line of pumping equipment for wells. KG pumping equipment is characterized by perfect assembly accuracy and long service life. Price from 9 thousand rub.
- GARDENA, Germany. The company specializes in the production of garden tools and equipment. It produces garden pumps for water intake from shallow workings and open water bodies, borehole pumping equipment and automatic pressure stations. The price of units depends on the design complexity, starting from 6 thousand. rub., the average price tag 13 - 23 thousand rub.
- GRUNDFOS, Denmark. The largest manufacturer of pumping equipment, whose products are respected for durability and a high degree of corrosion protection. Submersible and surface Danish pumping machines are reasonably popular, the average price is 27 thousand. rub.
- ZDS, Italy. It produces premium class pumping equipment; the company is famous for its unique engine protection system against overheating, “dry running”, and power surges. In the product line for well positions with high performance, able to pump water with some sand content. Average price tag of 32 thousand. rub.
A wide choice of foreign overshadows the impressive cost of serious models. Moreover, pumps for suction can be purchased at a reasonable price.
By weighty cons we attribute the high cost of repair and the complexity of the delivery of original spare parts to replace worn out and not sustained by local operation.
Despite the extensive range of foreign-made pumps have significant drawbacks: complications with the repair and delivery of original parts
Details about pumps of domestic production
The cons of foreign units spontaneously turn into advantages of domestic products. The buyer of the pump with the Russian brand will not be intimidated by the price; they will not be bothered by the difficulties of repair. A nice bonus will be a convincing one-year warranty, as well as the opportunity to swiftly exchange the purchase for a more suitable model.
Kid: small and distant!
With diligence and unpretentiousness household pump Kid familiar to many generations of summer residents. The products are located in the Vladimir region of OJSC HMS Livgidromash. For more than 70 years of development, the only representative provided the basis for the appearance of numerous modifications.
In the product line there are models with variations of pressure and depth of the intake, there are options with a pipe located at the bottom or top for the suction pipe.
With the lower pipe get, if transported to be immaculately clean water. With the upper pipe buy, if the likelihood of clogging silt and other suspended impurities.
Legendary pump Kid - one of the most inexpensive and unpretentious pumps, provides water supply horizontally at a distance of over 100 meters (+)
The universal unit is suitable for extracting water from wells, open ponds, and wells. To equip a permanently functioning plumbing is not the most suitable type.
However, among equally compact machines, he leads in performance. Resistant to power surges, loyal to the shortcomings of the electrical network, protected from the "dry run".
The Kid attracts the vibration unit with simplicity of a design and the price having to purchase. On average, the cost of miniature equipment ranges from 1.5 to a little over 2 thousand. rub. Analog - trickle pump, practically no different from the Kid in technical and price aspects.
The Trickle and Kid pumps are equipped with protection devices against “dry running” and short-circuit, automatic restart, voltage stabilization and pressure maintenance (+)
Well pumps from the company Dzhileks
JEELEX - a pioneer in the manufacture of pumps in the post-Soviet space. Founded in Klimovsk near Moscow, the company has been producing household and industrial discharge pumps for nearly a quarter of a century. In the arsenal of the manufacturer of the latest equipment, innovative technologies and own engineering developments.
A photo of
For the organization of water supply to private households, the company Dzhileks produces a wide range of pumping equipment.
Pumping equipment with the Dzhileks logo is accepted for repair in the territory of all CIS countries, to eliminate possible breakdowns, always available spare parts are available.
Pumps brand Dzhileks perfectly work in difficult domestic conditions, equipped with built-in systems of protection against dry running and pollution
Production and trading company Dzhileks offers the consumer an abundant range of surface, submersible and booster pumps for arranging private houses and improving the performance of utility farms
Pump domestic brand Dzhileks
Quality control in the production cycle
Adaptation to local conditions
Self-priming pump set
Dzhileks offers owners of country sites with a well a rich assortment of pumping equipment, issues instructions for installation and operation. The company publishes recommendations on how to correctly select the optimal pump for the well and other sources of water supply.
Water pumps are not equipped with a built-in check valve, so in some cases it is recommended to install a check valve on the outlet of the pump (+)
For the intake of water from shallow wells surface self-priming installations are made. "Jumbo" and automatic pumps.
Automatically operated machinery supplies clean water from workings, main networks, open reservoirs, independently switched on / off, maintains stable in the plumbing system head
If the automatic station is equipped with an ejector, then the requirements for cleanliness of the pumped water can be reduced. Price for the simplest products from 6.5 thousand rub.
A series of pumps Jumbo is issued in the form of two modifications:
pump and automatic pump, the latter operates in automatic mode, maintaining the required pressure in the system, turning on and off as needed (+)
In the labeling of submersible pumps Dzhileks indicated the amount of maximum water flow and the pressure in the form of a fraction.
Index A denotes automatic pumps, whose operation is controlled by the level of abstracted water. The letter H indicates models with a frequency converter, the DOM index indicates automatic machines that maintain a constant pressure in the water supply network. Price from 7 to 25 thousand rub. depending on the design complexity.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Tips for selecting the best pumping equipment from sales professionals:
Personal experience of the gardener who chose a pump for a deep well:
Overview of pumping equipment from the company Dzhileks to help customers:
The detailed information we propose with the criteria for selecting the optimal well pump will help to get the perfect unit with the required technical characteristics.
We presented the leaders of production in the segment of the pumps, acquainted with the approximate price tags. Now you can confidently implement the planned purchase of the pump.
Looking for an efficient well pump? Or have experience using such installations? Please leave comments on the article and share your impressions about the use of pumping equipment.