The content of the article:
Correctly to pick up a drilling tool means to facilitate repair work on the house for a long time. How to successfully choose a puncher, so as not to overpay for the brand and get high-quality equipment?
Several decades ago only powerful electric drills equipped with drills for metal and concrete were used in everyday life. A truly branded, specialized tool sold only abroad, you could not just go to a building supermarket and choose the right device.
Everything is changing, and the shortage of goods for the population has turned into retail trade, associated with trade and competition. Now there is no problem with availability, but there are snags with the selection of the right tool model, the choice of an honest producer.
What is the difference between a drill from a perforator and vice versa?
The perforator is characterized by longitudinal axial movement of the working part, similar to an impact drill. Therefore perforators are confused with a heavy drill. In words, there is practically no difference, but the perforator functions on the basis of pneumatics, and any impact (heavy) drill works thanks to the mechanics.
Hence the difference in the speed of surface treatment. Drilling holes in concrete, brick and stone walls pneumatically reduces the physical load on the user. For any impact drill, similar work is associated with great fatigue, and the "percussion" mode drills the inner drill nodes very quickly.
We come to the conclusion that the puncher should be larger and more massive than the drill with impact function.
The device and characteristics of the perforator
All perforators are divided into three types according to the functional:
- Single-mode. Only the drilling function with impact. Most often such perforators do not use in everyday life, but are used as professional additional equipment for a narrow purpose.
- Dual-mode. Impact drilling plus classic drilling or just chiselling.
- Three-mode. The tool is equipped with all the functions specified in points 1 and 2.
The choice of the perforator is based, first of all, on the characteristics of the power and impact force. The higher these figures, the better the puncher to be selected.
The impact strength of the tool is sometimes not proportional to the power due to structural features.
Types of working cartridge for a perforator:
What kind of chuck for a puncher to choose? For household or housekeeping work, the quick-clamping model without keys is best. The change of the nozzle in this variant is convenient, easy and fast.
Classification of perforators by weight:
- Lungs. Up to 4 kilograms. Power is not more than 700 watts. Only the SDS-plus cartridge for the drill is not more than 26 mm.
- Medium. From 4 to 8 kilograms. Power from 700 to 1500 watts. Depending on the configuration, both SDS-plus and SDS-max are equipped.
- Heavy. More than 8 kilograms. Power above 1500 watts. Equipped with only a cartridge SDS-max for a diameter of up to 60 mm.
The manufacturer of Bosch equips the latest models of its perforators with SDS-top cartridges for diameters from 16 to 25 mm.
Energy and frequency of impacts
For the perforator, the impact function, measured in joules, is very important. The impact energy depends on the productivity of the device, as well as the diameter of the hole being processed. For daily work with a puncher this is one of the most important indicators.
It is significant that the drill at the "maximum" will very quickly develop its resource, and the perforator will perform this work for a long time without wear, especially the single-mode model.
The frequency of impacts also affects the speed of the tool. The more often the piston of the perforator strikes against the working element, the faster the hole penetrates.
It turns out that energy and frequency determine the level of productivity. With an independent choice of a perforator, you need to estimate the amount of work on chiselling, then calculate the approximate performance for the specified characteristics of the impact frequency.
How to choose a puncher for your home
It is best to begin the selection, based on the weight and power. Super-productive models for the house just do not need.
Punchers for home use are tools of an average level at cost, capacity and weight.
Suitable criteria for home conditions and the following brands:
- Power from 600 to 900 watts.
- Blow from, to, J.
- Three-mode medium punch. Drilling, drilling with impact, impact without rotation.
- The speed must be regulated.
- Protective coupling from jamming.
- Quick clamping chuck.
- Replaceable branded cartridge in the kit.
According to these characteristics, three leading brands are distinguished:
- Makita. Sufficiently light drills and perforators, with a guarantee of several years. They have recommended themselves as tools for daily household work, easy repairs. Average available market price, simplicity in operation. How to choose a puncher for a house is a brand? Users are referred to the Makita RK model 2450. The required (useful) power is 700 watts, the impact of 3 joules, the revolutions up to, thousand.
- Bosch. German quality and assembly. The foremost in the field of professional power tools and household equipment. Any models are checked by time, weather conditions. The perforators are equipped with the function of fine adjustment of the nozzle speed (drill, drill). When purchasing equipment from this manufacturer, pay attention to the color of the case. Blue classifies the professional purpose. The most popular model is BOSCH GBH 2-24 DF. Power 790 Watts, blow in, J, complete replacement cartridge SDS-plus and quick-clamping classic cartridge.
- Hitachi. The best tool in our market is from Japan. At prices in one category with Makita, but some models of power tools, including punchers, are lighter in weight. Do you think what to choose a puncher from this manufacturer? Pay attention to the Hitachi DH 22 PG, a power of 620 watts, blows in, J and a weight of only a kilogram.
Trust the consultant in the selection of a puncher, but any other technique, it is not necessary. The maximum is to listen to recommendations. Choose and buy the model you need the one that best suits your personal requirements.