- 10 Tips for Mom
Serving a children's table for a birthday or any other event has its own characteristics, rules and even trends. For example, in recent years, candy bars and thematic decoration of tables have become fashionable. Let's figure out how to arrange a magic and bright holiday for your child at home by your own hands: than to treat young guests, how to decorate a festive table and / or candy bar, and also how to catch everything and fit into budget.
10 Tips for Mom
So, in order to organize and arrange a children's festive table, you need:
1. Choose a theme or style
Children have an excellent imagination, which is why the thematic children's holiday is doomed to success - your baby and his friends will be happy to plunge into the magical world, for example, of your favorite cartoon. And it will be easier for you to come up with a color scheme, ornaments, a child's outfit and holiday attributes.
- Theme of the holiday is better to choose together with the originator of the celebration, and if you are sure of his preferences, then the theme birthday can be made a wonderful surprise.
There are a lot of topics for children's holidays, here are three groups of the most popular topics:
- Themes of cartoons, films and books. For example, it can be classic "Alice in Wonderland" or "Cinderella and there can be modern and very popular "Cold Heart "May Litl Pony "Harry Potter "Smeshariki "Minions etc. Examples of such registration of parties look in the following selection-photo (leaf).
- Candy bar in the style of Toy Story
- Design of children's table on the theme of the Little Mermaid Ariel
- The design of a candy bar in the style of Alice in Wonderland
- Serving children's table in the style of the cartoon "In search of Nemo"
- Themes of interesting professions, fields of activity. It can be: scientists, ballerinas, pilots, cosmonauts, firefighters, farmers, detectives, etc. Also, you can navigate your child's hobby - whether he likes to draw, sing, dance, read, interested in animals, history, geography, etc., all hobbies can be played in decorating children's table.
Birthday in the ballet
Candy bar in a detective style
Festive table and candy bar in the style of pilots and travelers
- Themes of different historical epochs and cultures of the peoples of the world. It can be the design of a children's table, stylized on the theme of Indians, Vikings, medieval knights, pirates, etc.
- Children's table in the Indian style
- Making a children's table in a circus theme
- Table setting for birthday in pirate style
On the other hand, everything corresponds to the chosen topic and obliges guests to dress up in certain outfits not very easy, so you just can choose some interesting motif (hearts, asterisks, stripes, etc.), style and palette colors..
2. Withstand the color gamut
Regardless of whether you want to arrange a themed birthday or simply beautifully decorate a table, you need to endure a certain color range of 2-3 colors - this is the condition and is almost the main secret of a successful serving. Ideally, all elements - from napkins to tubes for drinks should match the chosen shades.
3. Choose the right room and prepare the furniture
- Children's holiday at home can be done in the children's room, living room or in the kitchen.
- If you want to put a candy bar, then a dresser, a coffee table, a mobile serving table can come up as a table. You can place it in front of the window or in the corner, if space is not enough.
- If the room allows the room, then you can divide the guests into two companies and cover two tables - one for the parents, the other for the little friends.
4. Hanging ceilings and wall decorations over the table
Decorate not only the table itself, but also the space around it. Virtually all the decor can and should be done by our own hands:
- Garland with the inscriptions "Happy Birthday!" Or the name of the child;
- Ornaments made of paper: colored pompons, flowers, figurines, asterisks, hearts, etc .;
- Background at the table or candy bar made of paper or fabric, etc.
- Wall decorations for children's candy bars
- Background for candy bar
See also the material: 5 ideas and master classes on the manufacture of hand-made diapers.
5. Find the right dishes for the sweet
You will need to prepare:
- Plates and instruments;
- Stands for sweets and fruits;
- Glasses. Instead, you can use cans and bottles of a suitable size, for example, from a baby food. They, of course, should be decorated and pre-filled;
- The barmen (a cake stand);
- Vases for sweets;
- For a dessert bar you will need dishes and trays for treats.
Advice: for reasons of safety, economy and beauty, use disposable utensils - paper or solid plastic. You need to try to find it in a certain color, but if you do not find it, take universal white sets.
6. To make an elegant tablecloth
To the festive tablecloth for the children's table there are no requirements, except for compliance with the chosen color scheme. Therefore, it is not necessary to buy high-quality finished products and spend time on neat sewing.
- The tablecloth for a candy bar can have a small overhang or a length in the floor. This banquet tablecloth is easy to make with your own hands literally for 1 evening from taffeta, organza, mesh or packing film. To fix and drape the fabric, in addition to sewing, you can use a stapler, glue web or just an adhesive tape as shown in the photo to the right.
- On a festive children's table you can lay a colored one-time tablecloth or oilcloth, which is now easy to find in ordinary stores;
- The most ordinary white tablecloth, which is in every house, easily lends itself to creative modifications. You can simply lay on it a smart runner of the right color, a colored one-time tablecloth or decorate it with a garland. In the next photo you can learn some ideas.
7. To make or buy a decor for serving and serving
Decorations for a children's festive table play a very big role, and you can also make them yourself with help from improvised and natural materials.
- Napkins (paper, not textile);
- Ornaments for straws, skewers, spoons, etc .;
- Decoration for cake and desserts;
- Various table decorations, including thematic;
- Candlesticks (you can only decorate, you need to light candles with care).
Here are some ideas you can take note.
Festive children's table in school style
Decorations for the table in the style of the cartoon Cold heart
Ornaments for children's paper table
8. Make a menu and find suitable recipes
Birthday for children is a holiday of the stomach, when the table is covered with favorite sweets and not very useful goodies. Your task is not only bright decorating dishes, but also serve them in a form convenient for children: in mini-formats, in glasses, in boxes, in the form of canapes, on skewers, on sticks and in tartlets. And most importantly, do not overdo it - kids do not need a lot of food during the fun.
Here is a list of dishes from which you can make a menu:
- Sweet (for the main table or candy bar): cupcakes, donuts, eclairs, pancakes, cookies, macaroni, gingerbread, Cake pops (biscuit balls in the glaze on sticks), candy, marmalade, marshmallow, gingerbread, gingerbreads and, of course, Cake. Sweets can replace / supplement fruits, berries and nuts in the form of canapé, in sliced or with yogurt in a glass. The photo below shows an example of decorating cupcakes and fruits for pirate night parties.
Decoration of desserts for a birthday in pirate style
- Second: baked potatoes with stuffing inside, french fries, nuggets and macaroni and cheese are more likely to be eaten.
- Children's table can be covered only with snacks: pancakes with stuffing, pies, small sandwiches, mini sandwiches and burgers, crackers, salads in tartlets.
9. Decorating Chairs
Chairs can also "participate" in the creation of the holiday. To do this, they can be decorated, draped, bandaged with a bow, tied a ball, hang ornaments on them, nameplates or some thematic attributes.
10. Prepare memorable presents or compliments for guests
If you wish, in the memory of the event, prepare mini-presents or compliments for guests and put them on snack plates as shown in the photo below. It can be carrots with sweets, toys or attributes that correspond to the subject matter. For example, diadems for princesses, magic wands for fairies, eye patches for pirates, dudels, caps, etc., that is what children can immediately apply, and then take them home.
And the last advice is to start preparing for the holiday better as soon as possible, then you will have more time to make decor yourself, search and "rehearsal" of recipes and other things. So, if you want to organize a holiday with a candy bar, then preparation should start as much as 6-2 months, depending on the size of the table. Well, that's all, we wish you pleasant creative hassle, creative ideas and their successful implementation!
- . 4 Deco ideas and 8 economy-solutions for table layout for birthday.
- . Table layout - theory and practice for 6 steps.
- . We serve the New Year's table: 6 steps to the holiday at your table.
- . New Year's decor of the kitchen: TOP - 10 best ideas.
- . 9 ideas on how to decorate the windows for the New Year.
- . How to make a topiary by yourself - 4 instructions for beginners and not only.