The content of the article:
Biscuit rolls can become a real decoration of the festive table. The properly prepared dough is soft and lush, perfectly combined with any filling. Berries, fruits, condensed milk, poppies and any other products can be used for interlayering. In winter, it is worthwhile to get jam from summer stocks - such a pie is always useful for a friendly or family tea. In addition, rolls can be easily taken with you for a quick snack.
Recipe for biscuit dough for rolls
The main condition - to properly prepare the dough for biscuit rolls. In cooking it is considered to be one of the simplest and fastest, therefore it is suitable even for beginners. In addition, he will need only those products that are always in the house:
- 3 or 4 eggs, depending on their size;
- sugar powder or sugar - 3/4 cup (to taste);
- flour - 3/4 cup.
Before cooking, turn on the oven at 160-170 ° C, so that it can heat up. Dough for biscuit rolls is prepared very quickly, if the house has a mixer. If it is not - you can whip the egg whites with a whisk or a fork, but the process will take longer.
Stages of preparation:
- Carefully separate the egg yolks from the proteins and transfer them into a separate container. Pound them with a fork with sugar or powdered sugar to make a small light foam and disappeared lumps.
- Mix the whites with a mixer until they turn into a thick, persistent foam. To keep it better, and the biscuit turned out to be more magnificent, get the eggs out of the fridge beforehand. If they get warm to room temperature, they will get better.
- When the protein foam becomes stable, you can add the yolk, mashed with sugar. Continue to beat the mixture until a uniform color and consistency are obtained.
- Add the flour and stir the dough gently, for this it is best to use a wooden spoon or spatula. Flour should be pre-sifted - so the biscuit roll will turn out more magnificent.
- Good batter is liquid, homogeneous, does not contain lumps. Pour it on a pre-prepared baking dish, pre-lubricated with oil or covered with paper.
- Bake the biscuit for 20-30 minutes at a temperature of 160-170 ° C. Check its availability with a toothpick. If there is no sticky dough left on it, the mold can be removed from the oven.
- It remains to add the filling and form a roll. Leave it for a while (depending on the recipe) to soak, then cut into small portions and serve to the table.
If you prepare several cakes in advance, you can make a quick biscuit roll in 5 minutes. It is convenient to take it with you to work, and the dough will have time to soak before lunch break.
The most delicious and original recipes of rolls
Fragrant fresh pastries are the visiting card of the hostess. Here you can experiment with fillings and types of dough, add different spices or cocoa (for a chocolate biscuit). Already created a huge number of very tasty and simple recipes for biscuit rolls, but it's never too late to bring your own zest into the already familiar dish.
A classic recipe with apricot jam and butter cream
On a winter evening it is especially appropriate to prepare fresh aromatic pastries and serve it for tea. Classic chocolate biscuit rolls are perfectly combined with apricot jam and rich cream with butter and condensed milk. Biscuit prepared according to a standard recipe, but combine the flour with a small amount of cocoa. The powder can be added at the very end, gradually pouring it into the dough until the desired shade is obtained.
To prepare a cream for a biscuit roll, you will need apricot jam (purchased or homemade), 180-200 g of butter and 250 g of condensed milk. You can additionally take a few drops of rum essence for taste, but it is not necessary.
Stages of preparation:
- When the sponge cake is ready, remove it from the oven and cool a little. Then grease it with jam from apricots.
- Oily cream is prepared very simply. To do this, take pre-softened at room temperature butter and beat it with a mixer, gradually adding condensed milk. Spread this mixture with a spoon on a sponge cake and gently fold it into a roll.
- The biscuit dough recipe is simple and original. To turn it into a festive dish, additionally decorate it with cream. Gather a little mass into the pastry bag or syringe and apply a few intertwining lines. Instead, you can sprinkle rolls of cocoa powder, sugar powder, nuts or chocolate chips.
If there is no apricot jam at home, and you do not want to use the purchase, you can use coffee impregnation. To do this, just brew strong coffee, strain it and apply to the cake.
A simple and fast biscuit roll may look unusual. The original solution is to use for its preparation two kinds of dough of different shades. If you successfully connect them before baking, you will get a cake of unusual marble colors. The taste will also please - dark areas are prepared with the addition of cocoa powder, so they have a mild chocolate flavor and aroma. As a filling for biscuit roll "Marble" you can take any jam or cream, but it is best combined with condensed milk.
For this roulet, you will need all the ingredients that are needed for a regular biscuit dough, as well as a few spoons of cocoa powder and a condensed milk bank (to taste):
- Prepare a classic biscuit dough and separate from it a third. Stir the smaller part carefully with cocoa until a uniform color and consistency are obtained. Make sure that there are no lumps left in the test. Then pour the white dough into the baking dish, and carefully place the dark dough on it. Draw a spread with a spoon or toothpick, distributing the chocolate dough over the whole shape.
- Bake biscuit dough at 160-170 ° C until a crust appears. Readiness of the cake can be checked with a match or a toothpick - when it is placed inside the biscuit, it should remain dry.
- Finished cake get out of the oven, cool a little and apply a flat layer of condensed milk on it. Then wrap the cake with a tube and place in the fridge so that it soaks well.
Marble biscuit roll with condensed milk can be decorated with chocolate chips or cocoa powder. However, due to the unusual color of the dough, the dish does not need additional decoration. After the roll has spent several hours in the fridge (it is better to leave it for the night), cut it into portions and serve it to the table.
Summer roll with berries
In the summer, there will never be a problem how to make a biscuit roll and what to use as a filling. For her, any berries and fruit collected in the garden or bought on the market. To impregnate the cake use last year's jam or take a little of the new workpiece. Fruit and berry rolls are light and airy, so it is suitable even for hot summer days.
- Prepare the cake from white biscuit, cool it to room temperature. Spoon the berry jam, not forgetting the corners.
- Take fresh berries and evenly put it on the jam. Then gently roll the roll, holding each layer of dough.
- The roll is ready. Leave it in the refrigerator for several hours, cut into portions and serve to the table. Just before serving, you can decorate the dish with powdered sugar or whipped cream.
To decorate a biscuit roll with jam and red berries, take a few fresh sprigs of mint. Their aroma adds freshness to the dish and eliminates the excessive savor of taste.
Recipe with cottage cheese and oranges
Cottage cheese stuffing in recipes of biscuit rolls is always appropriate. It complements the taste of berries or fruits and is sure to please those who do not like too luscious desserts. One roll will need a cake of white biscuit, 2 large ripe oranges and 800-1000 g of cottage cheese. If desired, sugar or sugar powder can be added to the filling.
- Peel oranges from the peel and cut into small pieces. In a separate container, stir the cottage cheese with a fork until all the small lumps disappear. Add sugar here. Then combine the cottage cheese with the oranges and gently mix, trying not to damage the pieces of fruit.
- Finished biscuit cake cool to room temperature and distribute the filling on it. Gently fold it into a roll and wrap it in paper or food film so that it does not turn around. Place the dessert in a cold place for several hours, then cut into small pieces.
- The roll is ready. For home tea drinking, you can not decorate it, and for a solemn event, you should add a few fresh orange slices and a sprig of mint to the dish. In addition, you can sprinkle sugar powder on top.
This is one of the most simple and useful recipes for biscuit rolls at home. He quickly prepares, but eat it immediately after cooking. If you leave extra portions - be sure to put them in the refrigerator, because the fresh curd is not kept warm.
Roll with butter cream and decorations
There is an easy way to bake a biscuit roll so that it resembles a real work of art. Oily cream is very caloric, so it is better to use it only for holidays. This biscuit is distinguished by an unusual decoration - the finished dessert is covered with cream, and edible mushrooms are prepared from its remnants. You will need:
- biscuit cake with cocoa;
- 300 butter;
- a bank of condensed milk;
- 50 g of chocolate;
- half a spoonful of powdered sugar and cocoa powder;
- green food color;
- cookies for hats of mushrooms (you can buy or bake yourself).
Biscuit cake is prepared according to a classic recipe. While it cools, you can do the preparation of the filling:
- Combine the condensed milk and the softened butter in one container. Beat these ingredients with a mixer until a thick cream is obtained. Add the melted chocolate and mix.
- Put a few spoons of cream in a separate container - they will be needed as legs for mushrooms. Then unfold the cake (it should already cool to room temperature), lubricate it with cream and roll back. The remains of the cream spread on the surface of the roll and make a fork with a pattern that resembles a tree bark.
- The remainder of the cream is divided into two parts. One of them is mixed with a green food coloring and placed in a pastry bag with a leaflet attachment. For the second part, you need an ordinary wide nozzle.
- First, build the legs of mushrooms, and around them, apply a green cream in the form of leaves. At the top place the hats from the cookie and send the roll for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, decorate the roll with cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Carry it on the table on a large platter, and cut into pieces dessert is immediately before serving.
Despite the fact that the oil cream is too high-calorie and heavy, this option is more preferable for a festive table than shop cakes. Domestic rolls are prepared only from fresh quality ingredients, so they can safely treat guests and household members.
Advice of experienced chefs
Biscuit rolls with jam, condensed milk and any other stuffing can turn ordinary tea drinking into a real holiday. Despite the fact that such a dough is considered the easiest to prepare, it also can not work. Experienced housewives know the main secrets, how to prepare a really light and airy dough that will not become tough when baked and well saturated with fillings:
- The first rule is always to get eggs and a fridge a little beforehand. Cold protein does not whip well, and foam from it quickly settles. Some advise to add salt, but this component will not help.
- Roll the roll in a curled form, so the dough does not crack after. Another hot cake roll into a tube with a towel or paper and take care of the filling. Then carefully unfold the roll, put the stuffing and roll back - so it will be better to keep the shape.
- Do not use homemade eggs for biscuit - too thick protein is not suitable for light air foam. Choose high quality egg eggs. It is better to take larger ones, because they contain more protein.
- Do not open the oven in the first 10-15 minutes of baking. You can see the state of the cake by simply turning on the light. If the cold air gets into the dough, it will not rise and it will turn out to be tough.
- To biscuit cake not burned, put on the bottom tier of the oven capacity with a large salt. Of course, consider also the technical features and choose the appropriate mode.
- Cool the biscuit cake gradually. If you take it out to the frost or put it in the fridge, it will quickly become dense and hard and will not absorb the filling.
Recipes biscuit roll with a photo step by step can be found in the network and culinary books. Such dough is prepared within 30-40 minutes of their simple and accessible components. As a filling, you can use any products that are in the refrigerator: jams or jams, fresh fruit and berries, condensed milk or chocolate toppings. If there is time, it is necessary to prepare a custard, curd or oil cream. On the video, the biscuit roll looks light and airy, and the original decorations will make it an excellent dessert for a festive table.