The pump in the washing machine is responsible for pumping water for washing and for pumping it out of the tank after the end of the cycle. Usually a change of water is carried out before and after rinsing. But what if the water remains in the tank and the machine makes a buzz? Then you need to know how to disassemble and check the pump of the washing machine.
In the article we will tell you how to get the pump from the SM casing, to disassemble, clean and check for serviceability.
Content of the material:
- 1Device and types of pumps in a washing machine
2Signs and causes of the malfunction
- 2.1What can I do to verify
- 3Preparation for work and disassembly
- 4Pump disassembly instruction
Device and types of pumps in a washing machine
The drain pump is simple. It consists of an impeller, a stator and a rotor on a permanent magnet. The rotor can rotate in any direction, so when the impeller blocks a foreign object, it can do jerks either one way or the other.
There are two types of pump in washing machines:
- Circulating pump type for water supply during washing and rinsing. This type of pump is installed on expensive washing machines such as Siemens, Bosch and Hans.
- Drain pump. Pumps the waste water from the tank. Also, the pump removes water from the tank after spinning. The characteristics of the pump are as follows: power from 20 to 30 W, capacity 20 liters per minute.
Where is the pump in the washing machine? The exact location depends on the CMA brand. In models Whirlpool, Samsung (Samsung), Ariston, Beko, LG, "Indesit up to the pump can be conveniently reached through the bottom, which does not require additional disassembly.
In the automatic machine "Electrolux" and Zanussi it is enough to remove the back panel. And in the brands AGR AEG, Bosch and Siemens will have to completely disassemble the front panel.
Signs and causes of the malfunction
Before disassembling the water pump, pay attention to the main signs of the problem:
- When the gulf and sink of water, the machine is buzzing and buzzing.
- Stiralka does not respond to installed programs.
- The drum receives insufficient amount of water.
- The water remains in the drum after washing.
- The draining mode is activated, but the water leaves very slowly.
Immediately need to exclude possible causes of malfunction, such as:
- Litter in drain filter or hose.
- Problems with electronics. If the contacts from the control card to the pump are broken, the pump does not receive a signal to start work.
Also, the cause of the fact that the drainage pump does not do well with its work can be a wedging of the impeller. Often, when the impeller rotates, threads or hair are wound on it. As a result, it jams, water pumping stops.
What can I do to verify
It is not difficult to check the drainage system. You need to start with a drain filter, which serves as a kind of pump stopper. For this, you do not have to disassemble anything. Do this:
- Turn off the water tap.
- Prepare a flat container.
- Use a flat-blade screwdriver to unclench the latches on the door that closes the drain filter. It is located below the front panel.
- Unscrew the filter, drain the water and inspect it for blockage.
- To check the impeller, light the flashlight into the filter hole.
- Inspect the impeller for any foreign objects. Also see if it's spinning during work. If everything is ok, replace the filter.
Preparation for work and disassembly
To repair or replace the pump pumping water, prepare everything you need.
- A new pump that fits your washing machine model. Before going to the store, you can remove the old part and show it to the seller. He will propose a suitable replacement. If you decide to buy accessories on the Internet, the pump specifies an individual number, according to which it is worthwhile to navigate.
- Rubber gaskets.
- Impeller (in case of malfunction).
- Pulley and axle.
- Sensors and contacts for the pump.
- Crosshead screwdriver.
- The multimeter.
Pump disassembly instruction
After you pulled out the pump for parsing and inspected the impeller, check the condition of the rubber gaskets. If there is work on their surface - replace them immediately.
To disassemble, it is necessary to remove the cover of the pressure increase pump. Do this:
- Immediately consider how to remove and put the impeller, if it broke.
- First remove the snail pump - you need to unscrew the screws.
- Note the location of the motor relative to the cochlea and remove it together with the impeller.
- Now, with a sharp knife, cut the impeller blades and install everything in the reverse order.
During assembly, you can use a special lubricant for the pump.
To check the pump winding for service, use a multimeter. How to ring the winding? Apply the test leads of the multimeter to the winding, measuring the resistance. If the winding is faulty, the part can not be repaired. Need a complete replacement.