The hatch of the washing machine is equipped with a rubber gasket - a cuff. It protects the machine from leaks during washing. During use, the cuff may wear out, leak out, or become damaged by a foreign object. In this case, you need to make an independent replacement.
How to put a cuff on a washing machine, you will learn in this article.
Content of the material:
- 1Why is the cuff damaged?
- 2What will be needed when replacing
3The order of performance of works
Why is the cuff damaged?
Due to damage to the sealing rubber, a leak may form in the SMA. What is the cuff of the hatch:
- Natural wear. Rubber is exposed to various temperatures, hot and cold water, detergents. Strong drum and friction vibrations also affect the life of the seal.
- Friction. In addition to the constantly rotating drum and linen in it, which rub against the cuff, there may be other causes. In this case, you need to remove the object that contributes to wear and tear.
- Damage by foreign objects and clothing. Small objects from pockets, locks and zippers - all this can make a hole in the sealing rubber of the stylalki.
What will be needed when replacing
First of all, you need to correctly choose a cuff for replacement. Always be guided by the brand and model of your AGR and, in accordance with this, choose rubber. Do not need to take a similar product, you need to choose only the original for a particular model of the stylalki.
Also, do not forget to purchase the clamps, if your damaged or in need of replacement. On some SM are mounted metal clamps, on others - plastic. The latter are much cheaper.
Now you can prepare the instrument. You will need:
- Flat screwdriver;
- soap solution;
The order of performance of works
Before inserting the rubber band into the washing machine, it must be removed correctly. This is simply done by removing the front panel, however it will take a lot of time.
In addition, in some models, the front wall is not removed. In this case, do so:
- Unplug the machine by unplugging the plug from the outlet.
- Firmly hold the door, unscrew the hinges of its fastening. Remove the door.
- Unbolting the cuff, remove the clamp using a screwdriver.
- On a circle remove edges of rubber and fill in a drum.
- Pull the inner yoke up slightly and away from the tank.
- Pull out the clamp together with the cuff.
You removed the rubber band. Before you put the cuff on the washing machine, you need to prepare a seat. During the operation there was accumulated powder, sediment from tap water. Therefore, wash it with a soap solution and if necessary, sand it with fine sandpaper.
In order to put the rubber band on the drum of the washing machine as easy as possible, lubricate the seat with a soapy solution. It is not recommended to use other lubricants, because all this will fall into the drum during washing.
- Correctly arrange the cuff will help markup. Usually, the triangle designates the upper part of the rubber, and the lower one indicates the hose opening.
- Seal the sealing rubber on the tank, checking the markings.
- When the seal is in place, thread it into the drum.
- Unscrew the two screws, remove the door lock by unfastening the connectors.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole in the lock. It will allow to hold the yoke in a stationary state.
- Carefully put on the inner yoke.
- Secure the lock.
- Spread the edges of the cuff around the outer rim of the stylalki. Apply soap solution for comfort.
- Establish an external collar, having filled it for edges of a cuff.
- Screw the door of the hatch into place.
Now try closing the hatch. If it turns out easily - the sealing cuff is installed correctly. Turn on the wash program to test the seal.
How to insert the rubber band in the washing machine with the removal of the front panel, look at the video:.