According to the nature of the products received, chickens of meat, egg, meat meat lines are distinguished.
Poultry farmers of private farms prefer meat-meat breeds of chickens, because they are extremely profitable.
Table of contents
- Meet: hen master gray
- What this breed looks like - photo and description
- Content of chicken
- Content of the hybrid in the cell
- The master of gray in the home chicken coop
- Positive characteristics of the cross
- Why is it worth growing this breed?
- Disadvantages in breeding chicken
- From chicken to laying hen
- Caring for a cross cross master seed
- Disinfection as prevention of diseases
- Feeding of chickens and adult birds
- Feeding conditions for crosses
- Growing chicks: feeding tips
- Diseases of chickens, treatment
- Red chicken mite
- Fountain of chicken pliers
- Acariform parasites
- Analogues of meat-egg crosses
- Farma Color
- Reviews from forums and videos about the breed
Meet: hen master gray
Modern farmers are deeply interested in the cross master gray (Master Gray), another name for the master gris (Master Gris).
The master gray chickens were obtained by the French breeders of Hubbard for personal farming. There are varieties developed by the specialists of the same company: Master Gray M and Master Gray S..
What this breed looks like - photo and description
A large white-gray bird with a bright red beard and scallop, is larger than other crosses.It is distinguished by its high growth, long body, wide back, strong, medium length legs.
The gray color of the feathers interspersed with white throughout the plumage. The predominant gray color over white in the neck, at the end of the wings and in the tail..
Content of chicken
Chickens master gris calm, sociable, hardy, do not require special care, additives to the main food.
Non-aggressive character allows you to take the bird in your hands. This property makes it possiblelaying. A heavy double-purpose cross is good in a cage, in a room with access to an open space.
In industrial farms, chickens are kept in spacious poultry houses (in cages or on the floor).
Content of the hybrid in the cell
The advantages of growing a bird grizzled bird on a personal farmstead in a cage are obvious:
- The chicken is locatedin a restricted area, so the owner's access to it is free, but for predators, chicken lovers, no.
- A placefor movement is small, life force is spent on weight gain, egg production.
- There is no wayto get to the neighbor's siteand cause disagreements.
- Meat is twice as large, than from hens of floor maintenance.
The master of gray in the home chicken coop
An alternative to the existence of a bird in a cage is its stay in a room with the possibility of walking.
The attractiveness of this method is as follows:
- In the hen-coop a birdmoves around the floorin any direction.
- I have an opportunitycommunicate with the individual and his opposite sex.
- At will birdfreely movesin the place of walking. Well, if it's a terrain with grassy vegetation, sandy soil, small pebbles.
- Balanced characterallows you to walka bird on the terrain without a high fence, just in the courtyard of a private house.
Positive characteristics of the cross
Before buying a cross master gray you need to collect information about the characteristics of the chicken, read the description and requirements for its content.
Why is it worth growing this breed?
- master gray -heavyweights. Adult chickens gain weight to 4 kg, roosters - more than 6 kg. The growth rate is average. In comparison with broilers, crosses are more enduring, they gain weight faster.
- Meat diet, because it has many high-grade proteins and little fat. It has excellent taste qualities: dense, but juicy, tender, tasty.
- Chickens are differenthigh egg production. According to different sources, the eggs begin to run for 4-6 months and give 200-300 pieces per year. The weight of the egg is 65-90 grams. The shell is creamy, brown in color.
Disadvantages in breeding chicken
the master of gray is prolific layers and good hens. But often the chickens hatched on a private farmstead are the descendants of chickens used in the hybrid breeding process.
From chicken to laying hen
The chicks of the cross are hardy, resistant to weather fluctuations.
- With respect to the established rules for keeping poultry, balanced nutrition and sufficient feedno more than 2% of chickens die.
- Grow intensely, quickly gain weight. If the monthly chicken weighs 1 kilogram, then in 3 months -more than 2, 5 kilograms. An increase in the weight of the carcass takes place without any chemical enhancers.
Caring for a cross cross master seed
When growing domestic chickens, hybrids and crosses will be healthy if certain conditions of their maintenance are observed.
- Cage, chicken coopshould be warm, clean, dry, bright in summer and in winter. The height of the coop is at least 1, 8 meters. In the hen-house are arranged roosts.
- Need constantventilationpoultry house through the window, going (preferably) to the south side.
- Screwsare contraindicated.
- For every 10 m2 of the room -no more20 crosses.
- In the winter season it is recommendedcarpetdry grass, sawdust, chopped straw. Chickens love to prune dry grass, especially nettle. It is a source of vitamins.
- Nessushkam necessarilyneed nests, equipped in wooden boxes.
- The dimensions of the nests depend on the dimensions of the largest chicken.Recommended sizes:width - 35 cm, length - 40 cm. Sockets can be installed on the floor, suspended to the wall, while equipping the approaches in the form of ladders. Strain with straw, hay.
- Nesting placesare located away from the active mass movement of chickens.
- The hen is isolated during the incubation stage. After appearancechicks containseparately from the adult bird, until the chickens grow up.
Disinfection as prevention of diseases
It is carried out this way:.
- Inventory process3-5% with a hot solution of soda ash.
- Ceiling, floor, wallsdisinfectone of the chemical solutions:
- 3-5%creolin or xylonaphtha;
- 2%caustic soda;
- Important to whiten20% mortar with lime walls and ceiling. To maintain the disinfection mode for 12 hours, carefully ventilate.
- In the poultry house or on the pastureplace a container with sandand ash for "bathing" of chickens. The procedure is necessary for the prevention and control of cutaneous parasites.
Feeding of chickens and adult birds
Feed the bird master of grizzly need by age, fully. Then the chickens will be healthy, grow quickly and carry on in time. One adult chicken per day - about 120 grams of feed, water - 250 ml.
Feeding conditions for crosses
- Classicalthe product of feeding is a ready mixed feed, which includes all the necessary components of nutrition.
- Usefullinclude in the dietwheat, corn, cake, beets, carrots, grass, bone and fish meal.
- For the fortresseggshells need to make mineral additives: chalk, crushed egg shell, crushed limestone and shell rock. Provide them with permanent access.
Natural supplements stimulate the work of the gastrointestinal tract, increase egg production, improve the taste and external characteristics of the product.
The use of top dressing reduces the amount of main food. The content of chicken becomes less expensive.
Growing chicks: feeding tips
- Justhatched chicksthe owners of private farmsteads are first fed a finely chopped boiled egg and green onions.
- Thensprinkle with millet, introduce fresh cottage cheese, crumbly buckwheat cereal, wet mash of crushed grain.
- Graduallygive out cerealslarger, go to the menu of an adult bird.
Young animals are fed this feed:
- From birth to two months -PC -2.
- From the eighth to the twentieth week -PC -4.
Important! To feed chickens of this breed you need at least two times a day, youngsters more often. At night they give not a wet food, but grain.
Must be clean water for drinking.
Diseases of chickens, treatment
Viruses, microbes, parasites cause infectious and non-infectious, but infectious diseases of chickens. Poultry farmers should know the general symptoms of diseases.
If the bird is sluggish, balding, bawling, or even behaving strangely, one must take action. Carry out an external inspection of carcass, scallop, beard, feathers, legs.The cause of the disease may be parasites.
Red chicken mite
It's a blood-sucking parasite that digs into the skin of a bird.
Symptoms of tick presence:
- Chickenseat more, than usual.
- Slows downgrowthchicks.
- Paleearrings and combs.
The parasite is a carrier of infectious diseases.
Measures to eliminate mites:
- thoroughdisinfectionpremises, nests, containers, etc.,
- skin treatmentbirds with oil.
Seek medical advice from a veterinarian.
Fountain of chicken pliers
They settle on the stem of the pen and in the hole. They feed on blood. The feather is destroyed, the bird becomes naked.
A positive result in the fight against the feather tick, according to some reports, no.
Kemidokoptoz, or "limy foot is caused by ticks that settle on the legs of a bird, often a male.
Modifications of the legs:
- stratum corneumthickens,
- on the phalanges appearsgray plaque,
- intensivedeformity of the legs.
Treatment: treat with birch tar, repeat after 6 days. Suitable and acaricidal drugs.
Analogues of meat-egg crosses
- plumage- color,
- egg- cream,
- weight of chickens -, kg,
- egg-laying-250 pieces year,
- the weighteggs-60 g.
- plumage- Brown,
- egg- crimson,
- bird weight kg,
- egg-laying-250 pieces per year,
- the weighteggs-62 g.
- in redbrokelegslonger than the master of gris,
- egg-laying- up to 300 eggs per year,
- egg weight- 65 - 90 grams,
- weight of cocksin half a year - up to 7 kg,
- oviposition- in 4 months.
Reviews from forums and videos about the breed.
Master Gray is my favorite chickens! They look beautiful, they gain weight well, they also have a very good egg production (up to 300 pcs / year), unpretentious, frost-resistant. Magnificent taste of meat, derived after all by French gourmets.
They are distinguished by the amount of meat and high egg production. Up to 300 eggs a year, when ordinary give 180 - 200 pieces. Yes, and a large area of kurchatov do not ask, so growing them is a pleasure. Only positive feedback!.
forum of poultry farmers
The hut master gray will be pleased with the excellent characteristics, living conditions, aesthetic appearance of the most demanding poultry farmers..