Incubator "Poultry" BI 1, which is presented on the market in different models, is considered one of the most suitable for home use.
He gained his popularity thanks to an affordable price, becauseproduced in Russia( Novosibirsk) and small size, which is convenient for small farms.
. Contents:designed for breeding chickens, ducks, geese and quails. Suitable for pheasant eggs, pigeons, parrots.
The body of the device is made of foam plastic, which makes the construction lightweight and provides thermal insulation. The device is equipped with a viewing glass window, at the bottom - a tank with water cells, an evaporator and a sensor, a thermometer. The latter, depending on the model, can be:
- analog, the temperature setting on which is carried out manually, by turning the knob clockwise to increase and counterclockwise to decrease.
- digital, characteristic of automatic models.
This allows you to make work settings, save them and automatically maintain the set parameters of temperature and humidity.
The device models differ in the way they turn eggs:
- is semi-automatic.
also have different capacity. The minimum size is designed for 36 eggs, and the maximum - at 104.
Please note that if necessary, the device can work for about 20 hours from the battery, which should be purchased prudently in advance.
A clear instruction manual and warranty card are attached to each household appliance.
Incubator household laying BI 1
There are two versions of the BI-1 model, which differ in the capacity of the incubation material:
- BI-1-36( on 36 eggs );
- BI-1-63( on 63 pieces ).
The body of these models is made with durable foam. Heating in BI-1-36 is carried out by incandescent lamps, in BI-1-63 - by special heating elements. To control the temperature there is a thermostat. Egg flipping is automatic. About 20 hours can work on a 12 watt battery. For normal operation of the incubator you need to monitor the temperature and humidity inside.
Incubator layer BI 2
The main difference between domestic incubators "Layer" BI-1 and "Layer" BI-2 in size. Model BI-2 is designed for a larger amount of incubation material. Like BI-1, BI-2 also has two types:
- BI-2-77 is designed for 77 eggs ;
- BI-2A has a capacity of 104 pieces .
BI-2-77 is one of the best models in its segment. The device is equipped with a powerful thermostat that maintains the same temperature throughout the incubator. The permissible errors are noted in the instructions, the average may be 0.1 degrees. For large duck and small quail eggs, you can purchase special grids. In the foam case there is a window through which all the pledged material is visible. The incubator consumes 40 watts.
In addition, you can:
- read about incubators for eggs
- make an incubator for eggs independently
BI-2A connects with itself a favorable price and digital devices. The model has a standard case with a viewing window, and additional grilles in the kit. The device is equipped with a digital thermostat and a psychrometer. There is a type of the same model and without these sensors. The device consumes up to 60 watts.
Pros and cons
Comparing incubators "Layer" with analogues, we can distinguish the following advantages:
- affordable price ;
- ease of design( 2-6 kg);
- good thermal insulation .
These positive qualities are due to the material of the body - foam. However, the disadvantages are the same:
- odor absorption incubation.
Instructions for use of the incubator layer
Complete instructions for using the BI 1 and BI 2 incubators can be found here.
Preparation for operation of
The main stages of preparation for the operation of the incubator are described in the instructions in the sixth section.
- First, an external is used to inspect the of the device and check its configuration.
- At the bottom of the case lies grille, smooth side up. How this is done is shown in the figure in the instructions.
- The automatic turning device is installed on the incubator case. All details are described in the annex to the instructions.
- The case closes with an cover.
- Connecting the incubator to a 220 V mains, the grate will move to the opposite wall.
- Sets the average temperature value of the on the thermostat. The indicator lights up. Within 10-30 minutes the incubator heats up the , when the working temperature is reached, the indicator will flash.
- Connection 12 V thermostat .To do this, the incubator is disconnected from the 220 V network and connected to the battery terminals. The principle of operation of the thermostat 12 V is the same as described above. After the transition to the operating mode, this is signaled by a blinking indicator, the clamps are disconnected from the battery terminals.
eggs Before laying the eggs, following the instructions, warm boiled water is poured and the thermostat is adjusted. It is necessary to reach a temperature of 37.7 degrees. A medical thermometer and an incubator thermometer are used for measurement.
You can use an ovoscope for testing. Eggs for the bookmark should be kept no more than 10 days at a temperature not lower than 10 degrees. Otherwise, their incubation qualities are reduced.
Before laying, on eggs with a soft pencil from opposite sides make some marks( for example, "1", "2").This will facilitate control when turning.
“The incubator is in principle not bad, lightweight, compact, the electronics work well, you can connect to the battery in case of power outages, but there are also disadvantages. First of all, this is the polyester body itself, although it is an excellent heat insulator, but how to disinfect it after the removal is problematic, uneven heating over the area of the incubator, although the difference is small but influences the hatchability. ”
“Incubator budget, 63 eggs, mechanical egg flipping. Easy, foam. But I note that to set the desired temperature is extremely difficult. The thermostat needs to be bought separately. ”
Review Site “In principle, there is nothing difficult in the incubator itself; you can assemble and connect it correctly using the instructions that come with it. It also describes in detail the process of hatching chicks, what temperature is needed, etc. Instructions are required to read! ”
Reviews Site The Incubator“ Layer ”is good for home use. Suitable for breeding chicks for your farm, and that for sale. The most popular models with a large capacity. Among the main advantages in the first place is the affordable price , then - simplicity of the device and ease of operation .