The content of the article:
Each person tries to follow the traditions that he inherited from his grandfathers and grandmothers. Culinary masterpieces are not the last place in this matter, especially the goose baked in the oven, which was cooked for the big holidays. It is interesting that this bird was the favorite prey of ancient hunters. And when the goose was tamed, it became an indispensable dish on the festive table. Despite the heavy bones and thick layers of fat, the dish is obtained with a unique taste. There are many different options for how to cook a goose baked in the oven for a festive table. Consider some of them, which have the widest application.
Traditional way of cooking birds
Some believe that baking a goose entirely in the oven is very difficult, because in antiquity it was cooked in a special oven. However, enterprising culinary experts denied this error. Following the good advice and good tradition, on the festive table can appear an excellent goose, baked in the oven. For the dish you will need:
- carcass of a large goose;
- Bay leaf;
- dried sage;
At the very beginning, the meat is thoroughly washed. You can do this under running water or in a bowl, changing the liquid several times.Then the salt is mixed with the seasonings to grate the carcass abundantly on the outside and inside.
To ensure that the meat is well soaked in spices, leave it for at least 4 hours. For better effect on all night. As a result, the goose will have a crusty crust.
Each clove of garlic is cut in half, and lemon - in rings. Then on the whole carcass they make incisions where they place pieces of garlic with lemon. In the abdomen put a laurel leaf, a sprig of sage and the remains of lemon. To the carcass is not lost shape, a glass bottle is inserted inside, after which the abdomen is sewn. This classic recipe with a photo of a goose baked in the oven is used even by young culinary specialists to surprise the parents.
The container for baking is heavily greased. Put the bird on it with the back up and put in a cold oven. Then set the temperature mode at least 220 degrees, and bake a maximum of 3 hours. When the carcass is cooked, it is left in the oven for 15 minutes. Goose is served with mashed potatoes and pickled cucumbers in winter, and in warm weather with fresh herbs and salad.
Meat and apples are an indissoluble couple of all times
Prepare a goose with apples, baked in the oven for an anniversary or a friendly meeting - a truly noble cause. After all, what can be better than tasty food and pleasant communication? For a traditional dish, take the following set of ingredients:
- large goose;
- apples (preferably sweet and sour);
- dried marjoram;
- vegetable fat;
- black pepper powder;
Such a recipe for a goose with apples, baked in the oven involves doing the following:
- First of all, wash the poultry meat under the tap. Then wipe with a napkin or a clean kitchen towel.
- Dried carcass abundantly rubbed with salt first, and then - pepper and marjoram. To make it soaked, leave it for 10 or 12 hours. He is put in a refrigerator or other cold place.
- 60 minutes before the start of baking, the bird is brought into the heat so that it warms up a little.
- At this time, cook apples. First they are thoroughly washed, then cut into large pieces. Sprinkle with marjoram and put the goose into the abdomen. Several lobules are placed near the cervix.
- The incision of the belly is fastened with metal spokes or simply stitched. Next, rub all the goose with vegetable fat, put in a container for baking.
- Around the bird lay a small potato in a uniform. After that goose is sent to the oven for as long as 4 hours.
- At this time, every half hour, the meat is poured with fat, and the potatoes are turned over so as not to burn. When the goose can be easily pierced with a knife, the oven is turned off. After 30 minutes, the dish is served to the table.
Goose should be placed in a preheated oven to 200 degrees. After 25 minutes, the fire is reduced to about 160 degrees, leaving this mode to the very end.
A juicy bird with apples in his sleeve
Some mistresses like to treat friends goose with apples, baked in the sleeve. Each of them has its own secrets of cooking, but we will consider the traditional option.For food it is necessary to prepare food:
- bird of large size;
- juicy apples with sour taste;
- rosemary (several branches);
Goose, baked in the sleeve, is prepared in stages, trying to follow wise management.
First of all, it is thoroughly washed under the tap. Remove the remains of entrails and meat films. If feathers are found on the carcass, it is burnt by the burner. Pads are pulled with tweezers. After that goose is wiped with napkins to proceed to the next stage.
The whole set of spices is combined with the required amount of salt. Then rub the mixture into the body of the bird with massage movements of the hands, outside and inside the abdomen.
Apples are thoroughly washed and left to dry. Large specimens are cut by pieces, small ones are used entirely. Then they stuff the belly of the bird, then sew up the thread. Above put a branch of rosemary.
In the sleeve for baking neatly lay the meat and put in the goose. After that, preheat the oven to 180 degrees and send the bird there for 2 hours.The finished dish is obtained with an excellent sweetish taste, supplemented with apple flavor.
After baking the bird in the sleeve, there is a lot of fat mixed with apple juice. It can be used to make potatoes.
Golden goose baked in silvery paper
Cooking began to cook meat using "silver paper" for a long time. Goose, baked in foil, is obtained with an excellent aroma and unusual taste. To achieve this goal, simple ingredients are required:
- goose carcass;
- garlic (small head);
- pepper (ground);
- vegetable oil;
To goose in foil, baked in the oven, turned out soft and juicy, you should perform such operations:
- The carcass is thoroughly washed outside and inside. Remove all visible fat, the remains of the lungs, liver and veins. Then the bird is dried with the help of napkins.
- Wash the apples with a knife from the peel and core. Shred in small slices, then pour lemon juice.
- In a separate container mix spices, butter and garlic, passed through the press. This goose is then rubbed on the goose from all sides, including the inside of the belly, where the apples are stacked.
- Cooking thread or twine sew a hole carcass. The surface is rubbed with a garlic mixture.
- Meat densely wrapped with a large sheet of foil in several layers and put for 6 hours in a cold place.
- When the goose is well soaked, they start baking. Preheat the oven to a maximum temperature of approximately 200 degrees. They put a bird there and after 2 hours they eat it at the festive table.
Serve the baked goose, with mashed potatoes or with pasta. Decorate with fresh herbs, and washed down with home-made red wine.
Before starting to prepare the dish, the carcass is brought into a warm place. Only after an hour and a half you can send it to the oven.