The content of the article:
An exquisite snack - baked mussels, often served in prestigious restaurants for beer or white wine. However, this dish can be cooked by yourself, having spent very little time. In addition, it looks spectacularly on the festive table, attracting the attention of dear guests.
Useful shellfish delicacy
Many housewives, wishing to diversify the diet of their family, prepare various delicacies. In supermarkets they purchase frozen mussels, from which excellent snacks are obtained. More often mollusks are sold directly in the shell, so the dish looks very nice and does not need advertising. There are many recipes for how to cook mussels baked in the oven in a home kitchen. Let's consider some of them.
Shellfish with butter sauce
For an exquisite delicacy, these components will be required:
- mussels (up to 12 pieces);
- butter (half-packs);
- olive oil (3 tablespoons);
- hard cheese (50 g);
- garlic (3 small cloves);
- white pepper;
A branch of thyme gives the mollusks a unique smell that causes appetite and pleasant sensations.
Stages of creating baked mussels with their own hands:
- Frozen clams are spread on a plate to completely thaw.
- Using a sharp knife, separate the meat of the mussel from the sink. Then it is gently washed out to remove the remnants of dirt, algae and sand. After this, the shells are laid out on a towel or napkin, where they must completely dry out.
- In a small container, mix olive oil and butter to obtain a homogeneous mass.
- From the lemon squeeze out the juice, finely chop the parsley and let the garlic through the press.
- Prepared ingredients are added to the oil mixture, followed by salt and pepper. For flavor put crushed thyme. Stir well.
- The oven is heated to 180 ° C. On the baking tray lay the shells, which are neatly filled with meat. On top of each mollusc with a teaspoon spread the butter sauce.
- Pre-grated cheese sprinkle the entire surface of the mussels, and then send the blanks into the oven for 8 minutes.
Baked mussels served with butter sauce are served with boiled rice and fresh vegetables.
To the meat of shellfish was not like rubber, culinary experts advise not to keep it in the oven for longer than the prescribed time.
Stunning supplement - hard cheese
An exquisite snack, no worse than in a restaurant prepared from a simple set of products:
- two dozen frozen mussels;
- Semisolid cheese ("Tilsiter");
- Parmesan (100 g);
- lemon of medium size;
- black pepper (4 peas);
To create with their own hands excellent mussels baked with cheese, perform several simple processes:
- Defrosted shellfish are thoroughly washed under running water.
- Put a pot of water on the fire. Throw in it a bay leaf, a few peas of pepper, an onion, salt. They boil for 5 minutes.
- Mussels are dropped into the hot liquid. After boiling, cook no more than 3 minutes.
- Semisolid cheese "Tilsiter" is cut into cubes of small size. Parmesan is cut with strips. Some cheese is left for sprinkling.
- With mussels drain the water and leave to cool. Then they spread them on a baking tray and put pieces of cheese in each sink. Top with lemon juice.
- In a heated oven to 200 ° C, a pan with clams is sent. As soon as the cheese starts to melt - immediately take out.
- Billets are sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and again into the oven to form a crusty crust.
In accordance with this recipe, the baked mussels with cheese are served to the table in a hot form.
To mollusks evenly lay on the baking dish, several toothpicks can be placed around them.
Stunning snack in miniature boats
Lovers of exotic dishes can surprise their friends with overseas delicacy. Baked mussels in shells resemble small boats with delicious stuffing. They miraculously fit into a festive treat and will leave happy even irreconcilable gourmets.And for the dish you will need only a few components:
- frozen mussels;
- sauce "Ketchup
The secret of cooking is to follow simple steps:
- Defrosted mussels are spread on a baking dish.
- Mix the mayonnaise and the sauce "Ketchup adding salt and pepper.
- Each clam is neatly spread over the mixture. Send the mold with blanks to the oven, heated to 200 ° C. Bake 8 minutes.
- Parsley is finely chopped with a knife, and then sprinkled with mussels.
- Lemon juice drips over the sauce.
- Stunning boats are laid on beautiful dishes and served to guests.