Simply, Maria is considered a new pear variety, ripening in late autumn. It is not difficult to care for her. Thanks to this variety is popular among gardeners.
Simply Maria is a tree of medium height with a compact wide-pyramidal crown. It can reach 3 meters. The diameter of the crown is, meter..
Table of contents
- The history of the appearance and description of the pear Simply Maria
- Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Planting a pear
- Growing conditions
- Features of care
- Diseases and pests
- Reviews of gardeners
The history of the appearance and description of the pear Simply Maria
Simply Maria is a pear variety that was bred in Belarus at the fruit growing institute by crossing the hybrid form 6 / 89-100 and the not very well-known pear Maslana Ro in Russia.
The authors of the description of this variety and its preferential characteristics became famous breeders M. G. Myalik, O. A. Yakimovich and G. A. Alekseeva.Initially, the tree was called "Mary then it was renamed "Simply Maria"
Pear Simply Mary is recognized as a late cultivar, as she fructifies in October. And the Augusta Rosa belongs to the summer pear variety. Yield in this variety is not bad, and severe frosts in no way affect the quantity and quality of fruits. Simply, Maria is considered a winter-hardy variety that can withstand temperatures as low as -38 ° C. After freezing, the trees quickly come to life and bring a lot of fruit.
The fruits of the pear are quite large. The average weight of ripened fruit is 180 g, the largest - not higher than 200 g, but in rare cases reaches 230 g. Pear-shaped fruits. Their surface is clean, smooth and shiny. Fruit pedicles in fruits are not particularly long and thick, slightly curved. The color of the fruit is greenish-yellow with a pink blush. Planting pollinators next to the pear, you can seriously increase its yield.
The flesh of the fruit is cream colored, the density of them is medium and oily. The fruit is sweet and juicy to taste, has a light acidity..
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The advantages of the variety are:
- taste qualities of fruits that prevail over other varieties;
- the rapid onset of the fruiting period, that is, the crop is harvested for 3-4 years after planting;
- frost resistance- this variety is capable of carrying a temperature of -38 ° C;
- Simply Maria is characterized by increased resistance to most diseases.
Of the shortcomings, only average yields are indicated..
Planting a pear
The optimal place for planting seedlings is the southern windless side of the garden.
Plant a pear in the fall when the leaves fall before the onset of frost. Saplings before planting are placed in water for 5-7 hours. When a deepening in the ground is ready for planting, a plant is extracted. The pit is excavated large, its depth is 1 m. It creates a cone from the soil and peat. The seedling is placed in a pit and the roots are distributed along the cone.
They fill the pit with fertile soil, slightly ramming. Near the plant, a stake is driven in, which will act as a support for the future tree. The sapling is attached to the cola by strips of cloth. After planting, the future tree is immediately watered, and loosens the ground around the root as soon as the soil absorbs water..
It's just that Maria tolerates a shady area. However, long finding a pear in such conditions leads to unhealthy development. Because of this, this variety is grown in areas where there is no shadow.
For a tree suitable solar place, where the shadow partially falls on the tree.
Simply Maria needs moisture, especially in the summer. Therefore, it is necessary to create conditions for abundant and constant watering.Trees are watered not only in the first year after planting, but also all subsequent time. Watering is carried out 4-5 times per season. For each tree it is worth using about three buckets of water. After watering, it is necessary to loosen the soil so that air penetrates to the roots.
Features of care
Variety Just Maria needs good care. Otherwise, the tree will become ill, it will grow poorly. In the fall, rodents can hurt him. In this connection it is necessary to wrap up the plant stems after planting with thick paper.
In winter, the root system of the pear may suffer. Therefore, in the autumn the tree is prepared for frost. To do this, around the pear Just Mary creates an eminence from the earth. In addition, for warming, you can cover the ground with the leaves near the stem of the plant.
Young trees need:
- Have access to oxygen to the root system. Therefore, the pear must be loosened and strewed frequently.
- Frequent fertilizer.
- Constant application of potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen. Nitrogen is mixed with the ground and poured into the groove before the pear blossoms.
- For normal ripening of fruit at the end of blossoming of a pear it is necessary to add,% solution of urea.
By the time of harvest Just Maria belongs to the autumn varieties. The consumer period of ripeness of this pear lasts from October to November. In the refrigerator, the fruit remains fresh until January.
The first harvest the tree brings already for the third year from the moment of its planting.It is possible to collect up to 40 kg of pears from one tree.
Fruits have a greenish-yellow color and a shiny skin. One pear fruit weighs about 200 grams. On the fruit there are subcutaneous points of greenish color. In fruits, small seeds that have a dark brown color..
Pear Just Maria reproduces cuttings, layers and grafting. The use of cuttings is an effective way, which consists of the following actions:
- Take a green stalkwith a mature pear and placed in conditions of 20-25 ° temperature. Thus, the cuttings will have roots in a short period of time
- The selected pear shank should be with leaves. It is necessary to watch how it will take root.
- To maintain the desired temperature, a film coating is used. But here such conditions are created for the cuttings, so that there is no overheating of the air.
- To save the cuttings from overheating, a damp cloth stretches over it, which does not obscure the pear. Otherwise, the plant will weaken and not be able to develop properly
- In the heat, cuttings are sprayed with water 5-6 times a day, but only when the sun shines. On cloudy days this procedure is carried out 2-3 times a day. Spray the pears until the leaves are completely wet.
- Cuttings in the greenhouse are placed so that they slightly exceed the ground level.
To do this, you can use tablets of heteroauxin. These tablets dissolve in water, into which cuttings are placed.
Reproduction by layersIs the simplest method. While the pear will settle down, and natural conditions to observe there will be no need. For layers, you need to correctly pick up shoots from a mature plant.
First, the ground is prepared, in which the shoots can take root. For this, it is necessary that the landing site receive water and be saturated with oxygen. Also, it should not get light.
When the pear is grown, the usual shoots are used:
- The parent plant is almost not affected by the use of this method;
- The branch of the plant is filled with soil, only its top remains;
- Roots are formed in a place where the shoot is sprinkled with earth;
- When the roots are in the correct amount, the roots are detached from the parent plant.
- For effective root survival it is worth taking shoots with developed ability to form roots. To do this, the branches from the tree are cut one year before the root is laid.
Reproduction by grafting- a complex and lengthy procedure. Its essence consists in cutting a branch from one plant and planting it in another. The tree on which the inoculation is made is called the stock.
For vaccination, you need:
- From the middle of the pear crown Just Maria cut a few year old cuttings so long as to fit three or four buds. This action takes place in early December, as the first frosts harden the wood.
- The adherents are tied up in bundles and put in the basement. There they will spend the winter.
- The stem is planted on a thin branch.
- The stock and the graft should be the same in diameter.
- Cut the rootstock in three centimeters.
- For a good survival, the graft and the stock are cut at an acute angle.
- After bonding the scion and stock they wrap it in a stretch film and fix it with an insulating tape.
Diseases and pests
Simply Maria is resistant to various injuries, but the probability of infection is still present. In this regard, it is necessary to take measures to prevent septoriosis, scab and bacterial cancer.
SeptoriaIs a disease of a fungal nature. Spores of the fungus are in the fallen leaves. The appearance of this disease can be determined by the appearance of grayish-brown spots on the leaves. For the treatment of the pear, three procedures for processing the garden plot are carried out. Initially, the plant is treated with a solution of nitrophene before opening the kidneys. Then the pear is sprayed at the end of flowering with a solution of Bordeaux liquid. And the last time the tree is sprayed 15-20 days after flowering also with Bordeaux liquid.
Scabis a fungal disease. Spores are stored in the kidneys. Such a disease can be detected if brown spots on the pear leaves and on its fruits are identified. Methods to combat scab are the same as in septoriosis.
Bacterial cancer- a disease of fungal origin. Symptoms of this disease: a cracked and blackened bark, the leaves are visible brown spots, the fruit is black. To prevent such pear disease, damage to the bark should be avoided.
Reviews of gardeners
Klimenko Irina:Simply Maria is an incredibly delicious fruit. She can boldly compete with the southern varieties of pears. At the tastings Simply Maria 100% is in first place, since it has such qualities as yield, frost resistance, resistance to diseases and pests.
Lebedev Anton:Did not particularly like the taste of fruit. To me he seemed cloying. Also from the shortcomings I can note the shedding of the ovary with the onset of sharp colds when the pear blooms.
Volodonsk Natalia:I have a pear on the plot Just Maria. I am pleased that it ripens in the autumn and is stored for a long time. It is not difficult to care for her. The fruit itself is sweet and juicy.
Belarusian breeders brought out in truth a unique pear variety. Simply Maria is adapted to cold winters, and this does not affect the quality and quantity of the crop, it is resistant to diseases of trees.
And also it can regularly receive fruits with high taste characteristics. Plant a pear Simply Maria in her garden and enjoy the fragrant fruit!.