The content of the article:
For a long time, game on the table served as a sign of luxury, as well as wealth. Thus, the baked duck in the oven became a favorite dish of kings and aristocrats. To such delicacy the monarchs always served a delicious wine or other fortified drink. Fragrant green not only decorated the dishes, but also made the meat unusually tasty.
Centuries have passed, and the dish is still popular. Only now anyone can afford it. The only problem is how delicious to bake a duck at home. Often at many mistresses it turns out dried up, rubber and rigid. Without secret technology, cooking is indispensable here.
All in marinade
Any meat needs a properly prepared marinade. The longer the fillet is in it, the softer it will turn out. This mysterious "elixir" is needed to soften the game and give it a unique aroma that you can feel when baking. In addition, this sauce promotes the formation of a crust of caramel crust. Among the hundreds of famous marinades is to choose the most simple and effective. Yet much depends on how many will bake the duck in the oven.
The bird needs to be soaked for a long period: from 4 to 8 hours. Some leave her in this condition for the whole night, somewhere in a cool place.
Alcoholic beverages in combination with the original set of spices - lethal force for a hard carcass. For a few hours, the seasoning reveals its entire fragrance. The meat is completely saturated and soaked with these herbs. To prepare such a wonderful "potion" you need to take:
- 100 g of cognac;
- a branch of cilantro, rosemary or parsley;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- two large bulbs;
- salt, pepper and bay leaf.
All ingredients should be mixed thoroughly. With the resulting mixture, grate the carcass thoroughly and soak it in the remaining liquid. The onion cut into rings should be kneaded a little so that it lets the juice run.
All proportions of marinades are calculated for 1 kg of carcass. Therefore, with more weight, you need to increase the number of components.
On white or red wine
To properly bake the whole duck in the oven, many housewives use dry wine. Together with one glass of this fragrant drink they add:
- a teaspoon of mustard (in the form of a powder);
- an onion cut by semirings;
- lemon juice (squeeze out of 2 fruits);
- three laurel leaves.
On an amateur, you can put in this mixture of rosemary, as well as cloves (3 pcs.). Next, you need to grind the onion and lay it on the bottom of the dish. Fill it with wine with spices, putting on a weak fire. When the liquid boils, it needs to fill the bird.
In another case, you can use red wine (200 ml). 50 g of honey and 100 ml of water are mixed with it. As a seasoning, take cumin. The aroma of wine and this spice can do wonders.
This "rattling" mixture is recommended for cooking in ceramic or glass dishes, but not in metal. Ingredients are so powerful that the pan can not withstand such a test. For the honey-mustard marinade it is necessary to do the following:
- squeeze out the lemon, mixing its juice with 1 tbsp. l. honey and 100 ml of soy sauce, and then put the container on a water bath;
- when the mass becomes homogeneous, 2 hours can be added to it. l. mustard;
- Put the bowl on a weak fire and squeeze into the liquid 3 cloves of garlic;
- after boiling very quickly pour seasonings, salt and pepper;
- add 2 tbsp. l. mayonnaise, mix and remove from heat;
- give half an hour to cool down, and then refuel the meat.
Spices in this case you can use any. Some choose curry, as well as Provence herbs or oregano. However, there are other recipes, like baking a duck in the oven to preserve its unique taste. For this you need to take additional products. In many cases, these are oranges, potatoes or apples.
In such a marinade the bird should be kept for at least 8 hours. If you get a lot more, it's even better.
Ah, an apple, yes on a plate
The sour-sweet taste of fruits muffles the specific smell of the bird. Moreover, the fruits of the apple tree make the dish unusually juicy, as well as fragrant. Nevertheless, the age of the duck plays an important role in this matter. The chest of young individuals will bend under pressure. But the claws of such "ladies" should have a smooth plate with a soft structure. At the same time, the more wrinkles near her beak, the longer she lived.
Buying a carcass in the supermarket, it is important to pay attention to the color of fat. A shade of light is a sign of youth. The skin should be without stains, and the product itself - without a sharp acidic odor. Do not take hermetically packed meat, because the film - a good way to hide flaws.
Choosing a decent "passion" for your dinner, you can start preparing a divine duck, baked with apples. The process includes the following steps:
- Preparation of a bird. First you need to cut off excess skin, remove fat and pluck the remaining feathers. As some parts are not fried, the bird is important to boil in advance with the onion (20 minutes in salted water). Before going further it is dried with a paper towel.
- Wiping. First you need to mix salt, pepper, garlic, as well as other spices. This mixture is important to rub the carcass both outside and inside. Then send it for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator, not forgetting to roll up the container with a film.
- Marinade. It includes: grated root of ginger (40 g), 3 tbsp. l. soy sauce, a spoonful of honey and 2 teaspoonfuls. balsamic vinegar. The mixture is seasoned with seasonings, vegetable oil (2 tbsp. l.), as well as pepper and salt. Homogenous mixture again rub the bird and send to marinate for 2 hours.
- Stuffing with apples. The flesh of the fruit should be dense and juicy, so that they do not turn into mashed potatoes. Sour apples must be cut into slices, and then half of them should be inserted inside the carcass.
- The finishing phase. If the hostess plans to cook the baked duck in the sleeve, then on its bottom it is necessary to pour out the remaining fruit. On them put the bird and water it with the remains of marinade.
- Baking. The oven heats up to 220 degrees. The bird is baked up to 2 hours (with calculation: 1 hour per 1 kg) at 190 °. 20 minutes before the ready, the foil or sleeve must be opened to form an appetizing "tan".
To apples you can add a bit of grated celery or prunes. To the filling does not crawl "in the salon many pinch the skin skewers or toothpicks. You can also link the whole bird or just the legs.
Wrap the carcass with foil so that the mirror side is outside. If it is cooked in a gooseberry, then the melted fat should be periodically watered dish.
To whom are the oranges? Whom vitamins ...
Citrus juice is not only an indispensable vitamin complex, but also an unrivaled marinade for hard meat. Especially delicious is a duck with oranges, baked on the grill. Of course, in this recipe it will be superfluous to remind you that it is worth cleaning and cutting off excess fat / skin. The main thing in this process is to properly stuff the bird. For this purpose, the hostess will need:
- mix salt, zest, rosemary and garlic pulp;
- grate on all sides carcass;
- cut the plates with orange and lemon (along with the skin);
- cut the onion into rings;
- fill up with spices (thyme or marjoram), stirring thoroughly;
- close the fruit inside, and sew the hole with threads;
- warm up the oven to 150 °, put the game on the grate, and put a pan under the bottom.
After 45 minutes, you need to check how she is doing. Stacked fat should be removed, and instead of pouring water. Duck, baked in the oven, at this stage, only a little brown. To turn it into a real golden bird, you will need a special marinade. It is prepared according to this recipe:
- on a low heat melted honey (3 tbsp. l.);
- in it is introduced 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, the mixture is cooked up to 4 minutes from the moment of boiling;
- then poured out squeezed orange juice (2-4 pcs.) and boiled for 2 minutes.
The resulting sauce must be poured half cooked poultry and increase the temperature to 180 degrees. Over the next 45 minutes, the "sprinkling" procedure should be repeated every 10 minutes.
The readiness of the dish can be checked in this way: pierce the leg with a fork. If the juice is a light color from the holes, then it is ready.
Principles of duck cooking - video
Fried potatoes, boiled, pureed ...
What could be better than meat cooked immediately with garnish? Probably just a baked duck in the oven with potatoes. But the first thing is to properly marinate the bird in any of the above sauces. Then you can do the formation of the "filling". This procedure should be carried out in this way:
- peel and cut into slices potatoes;
- season vegetables with a small amount of vegetable oil, as well as paprika, Italian herbs, salt, chopped garlic, basil and rosemary;
- mix thoroughly, and if desired, slightly fry / potato potatoes;
- The pan should be covered with foil so that there is a stock at the edges for wrapping;
- stuff the carcass with vegetables, and put the remaining potatoes on a baking sheet, as a "substrate
- send to the oven (200 °) for one hour, after which it is necessary to break the foil and leave the dish to roast for another 20-30 minutes.
For those who wish to bake a duck in the sleeve, enough space should be left in the oven.When baking it swells and can burst. In addition, with this method of cooking, you need to make sure that the bottom of the film is not burnt. After all, the stored fat very quickly turns into coals. Therefore, you need to constantly monitor the temperature regime.
What will never spoil the meat? Of course, vegetables. If the potatoes are thinly cut an onion, carrots, broccoli or cabbage, you will end up with an amazing garnish.
Baked duck in the oven is ideally combined with a light salad of fresh vegetables. To such a dish must serve juice or compote. At the same time, without parsley, dill, coriander, basil or arugula, the meal loses all its "color."