- The main types of dryers: evaluate the design, design, appearance, materials
- Kitchen dryers: materials
- We estimate the dimensions and other selection criteria
- If not a dryer, then a rug!
- Price Overview
The dishwasher is an assistant, which is needed in the kitchen every day. It not only helps the dishes dry before storing in the closet, but also allows you to store plates and mugs of prime necessity in quick access. And drying for dishes can be a decoration of the kitchen. In this article we will tell you about what varieties you can find in stores, and what to look for when buying.
The main types of dryers: evaluate the design, design, appearance, materials
Models of kitchen dish dryers are divided according to the installation method:
Installed on the sink.These are dryer-trophlexes made of stainless steel or plastic, which are fixed on the sink. Such products are simple and light, they do not create a design load in the kitchen and accommodate a small number of plates. Since such drying is always at hand, it is also convenient to add washed vegetables to it. In stores you can find trophyxes in the form of nets, grates or perforated boards.
Hint: in some online stores (eg, at Alyexpress) you can find a dryer consisting of metal or silicone rods and folding into a roll (pictured below). It can be put not only washed, but hot dishes.
Roll dryer for dishes
- Built-in modules kitchen set.They are mounted in floor-standing pedestals, drawers or kitchen cabinets, including corner units. The simplest models have two tiers for mugs and plates, more complex designs provide for a variety of compartments, for example, for glasses. Closed facades protect clean utensils from dust, and since recessed drying has pallets, they can be folded directly from the sink. The truth is it is not very convenient and not so "useful" for the frame of the locker - too much humidity is created in it. Therefore, the main dryer in the cabinet and should be supplemented with an auxiliary, standing near the sink.
Tip: Keep in mind that not every drying has a pallet for the second tier. Look for exactly the model in which it will be..
- Desktop.Installed near the sink, for example, on the wing or countertop. Desktop models are foldable and stationary, one two- or three-tiered, with cutlery and without cutlery. Since table dryers for dishes are always in sight, they should be chosen according to the style and color range of the kitchen interior.
Tip: If there is no wall-mounted cabinet above the sink or if the sink is located near the window, the dryer should be picked up with a lid that will protect the dishes from dust. We found such a model on the Alibaba website (pictured below).
- Mounted.Fix in the right place on the wall, on the railing or inside the kitchen. They are chosen so that the dimensions correspond to the available free space.
A large selection of wall-mounted railing dryers for plates, mugs and cutlery can be found in Ikea.
Driers of any type can be single-stage, in 2 levels or specialized, with additional compartments. One-level ones are suitable only for plates, and stacked ones allow placing cups and other utensils.
Kitchen dryers: materials
After washing on plates, there is always a lot of water left. Therefore, the materials from which the dryer is made must be as damp-proof as possible. Most often kitchen dish dryers make:
- Metal:Steel with chrome or enamel coating, protecting the metal from damage and corrosion.
- Stainless:This option is more expensive, but more durable and does not need additional maintenance.
- Plastic:very bright and spectacular, but not too strong and durable. Most often plastic made table dryers, designed for a small number of dishes or only pallets.
- Wooden:wood is covered with a special moisture repellent composition, but still its resistance to water remains not at the highest level. Nevertheless, for a cozy Provencal, country or eco-cuisine such a dryer will be the best option.
The pallet most in contact with moisture is often made of stainless or plastic: these materials are hygienic and are easy to clean.
We estimate the dimensions and other selection criteria
Most dish dryers have standard sizes. You can choose a model of 40 cm, 50 cm, 60 cm, 70 cm or 80 cm. Of course, the smaller the dryer, the smaller the plates will fit into it. Thus, no more than 12 plates can fit in a 40 cm dryer, and about 18 pieces per 60 cm model.
- Built-in drying is most often chosen to be 60 cm wide, since the depth of the kitchen modules is about 60 cm. However, for desktop models this size will be optimal.
- If you prefer a multi-level design, make sure that there is more than 30 cm between the shelf for plates and cups, so that there are enough places on the lower deck for storing high utensils.
Please note that the pallet must be removable or retractable. Models longer than 60 cm are sometimes made with several pallets that are easy to remove and wash.
Do not forget that practical built-in dryers can be used both in hanging cabinets above the sink, and in drawers in the lower drawers. But it is impossible to overload the design in any case, regardless of its location.
If not a dryer, then a rug!
Instead of a bulky desktop dryer, you can use a compact mat for drying dishes. Its dimensions can be either 30 × 40 cm or 50 × 60 cm.
To use the rug for drying dishes is very convenient: I spread it near the sink, put the dishes after washing, waited until it drains, and put it on the shelf.
There are two types of such rugs:
- Products made of rubber, plastic or silicone, with a ribbed or embossed surface. In this case, water draining from the dishes after washing, remains in the depressions. Then enough to drain the water and dry the rug.
- Tissue mats made of microfiber, absorbing moisture. The absorbent mat serves as an excellent protection for the countertop. By the way, microfiber is very practical: it is soft and light, perfectly erased and is distinguished by its durability.
How much does the dryer for the kitchen cost? Here everything depends on the model you choose. If you like a bright mat of microfiber, then it can be purchased for 240-350 rubles. Silicone mats are slightly more expensive - up to 500 r.
But dryers can cost and 3000-5000 rubles. Let's look at the prices in more detail. For example, one of the budget options is a one-level 60 cm dryer, built into the cabinet. It costs 850 rubles and is made of enameled aluminum. The same version of stainless steel will cost 2300-2400 rubles per level. The cost of a two-tier structure with side segments for the upper cabinet is about 3800 rubles. Approximately the same amount and angled chrome-plated dryer for dishes.
Desktop models made of plastic or painted metal will cost 1000 rubles and more. Here a lot depends on the stability and spaciousness of the structure. Design plays a role: if the dryer is decorated with additional design elements, overlays, then its cost increases by 40-65%.
Now you can definitely choose the right dryer for your kitchen!
- . A guide for choosing a universal knife and a "kitchen three".
- . A guide for choosing a good universal frying pan.
- . Selection of a pan for universal use: a comparison of 7 species, 6 tips and 1 video.
- . 6 ways to clean a burnt or old saucepan.
- . How to sharpen a kitchen knife - 7 steps for beginners.