If the drum does not rotate in the washing machine, urgent measures must be taken. There can be several reasons for this malfunction. To find them, you need to find out at what stage the washing machine broke: when starting with laundry or at the pressing stage.
Consider how to identify the symptoms of a malfunction and perform repairs yourself.
Content of the material:
- 1Do not spin the drum while washing
- 2Do not spin when squeezed
- 3The machine does not twist, but draws water
4Washing machine hums, but does not turn
- 4.1SM does not work, the drum does not rotate
- 4.2SM works, but does not rotate
5How to fix the situation
- 5.2Clogging in the system
- 5.3Problems with the belt
- 5.4Faulty heater, foreign object
- 5.5Engine problems
- 5.6Burned main module
Do not spin the drum while washing
Why does not the drum rotate during washing? Here are the main reasons:
- Problems with the drive belt.
- Breakage of electric heater.
- Engine malfunction (wear of brushes).
- Problems with the tachodchikom (regulator of engine speed).
- The electronic module burned.
- Malfunction of wiring.
- Contact with foreign matter.
The reasons are many: how to understand what happened in your case and what you need to do with the washing machine, read below.
Do not spin when squeezed
The washing machine used to wash normally, but when spinning, the drum does not spin. Why is this happening? Here are a few reasons:
- The "No spin" program is activated, or the mode for delicate washing has been selected. At the same time, the laundry is squeezed out minimally, or it is not squeezed out completely.
- If there is a blockage in the drain system, the water does not drain after washing, and the spinning can not start.
- There was an imbalance. The load of laundry was exceeded, which led to imbalance. Things got lost on one side, the work stopped.
- Defective pressostat, which sends the main module information about the amount of water in the tank. If there is no command, then the spin will not start.
- Problems in the control board. Probably, the wiring or the control triac burnt out.
A similar malfunction can happen with any brand of styralka: Indesit, Ariston, Bosch, Zanussi and others. It is necessary to react and rectify the problem in time.
The machine does not twist, but draws water
Why did the car pick up water, but the drum does not rotate? Immediately need to drain the water and try turning the drum by hand. If he does not turn his hands, he probably got stuck.
For what reasons did the malfunction occur:
- Torn or jumped off the drive belt, which wound around the pulley. This was the cause of jamming.
- The object stuck between the drum and the drum. It could be any items that fell out of their pockets.
- The drum bearing has deteriorated, so it can not rotate properly.
In most cases, bearings fail because of prolonged use, overload of the drum, and if the oil seal has never been lubricated.
Washing machine hums, but does not turn
You start the program, the stylalka starts to buzz, as when taking water, but the drum does not spin. Consider why this happens:
- At engine failure. Perhaps, the brushes were worn, the lamellas were erased or a closure occurred. This can only be checked if the motor is inspected.
- At jamming of the bearing.
SM does not work, the drum does not rotate
The washing machine may not work at all for the following reasons:
- Faulty electronic module. As a result, the engine does not receive a command to start work.
- Breakage of electric heater. If the heater fails, the machine can not only be washed in cold water, but it can not work at all. Why is this happening? With the formation of scale and overheating, the heater can explode and block the operation of the AGR.
SM works, but does not rotate
If you do not know why the washing machine works, but the drum does not spin, there are several reasons:
- Stiralka took water, but the drum does not rotate. Most likely, the heater burned out.
- Faulty triac on the module, which is responsible for the engine. The program is started, but the motor does not receive a command for rotation. Electric fuses could also burn.
How to fix the situation
What should I do to troubleshoot? Consider the problems and their solutions.
To eliminate the imbalance, you need to stop the program. If there is water in the tank, it must be drained. To do this, unscrew the drain filter - it is located behind the hatch under the front panel. For more information on how to do this, see below.
Now open the hatch door and evenly distribute the laundry over the drum.
Clogging in the system
To eliminate blockage in the drain filter, proceed as follows:
- On the front panel from below open the small hatch, having released the latches.
- Unscrew the filter, drain the water into the container and clean the filter of debris.
- Install the part in place.
Problems with the belt
In order to check the drive belt, you need to remove the CM rear panel. Operate consistently:
- Pull out the plug from the power outlet, disconnecting the machine.
- Shut off the water supply and disconnect the intake hose (carefully, there may be water in it).
- Take the screwdriver, unscrew the screws on the back cover.
- Remove the panel and inspect the belt. If it is worn or dropped, it must be replaced. In case of wear, a new element is put on.
- Put the belt first on the small pulley of the motor, then, while scrolling the pulley of the drum, put the belt on it.
- Installation is completed, screw the panel into place.
Faulty heater, foreign object
These two faults can be eliminated at the same time:
- Remove the back cover as described above. In some models, the heater is located behind the front panel: Samsung, Bosch, Siemens.
- Under the tank is a heating element. To check it, you need to connect the multimeter to the contacts and measure the resistance.
- When you are convinced of a malfunction, disconnect the wires from the heater.
- Unscrew the central nut (not fully) and press the bolt inside.
- Bring the edges out, pull the element out.
- Now through the hole you can check if there is an inside object, and get it.
- Install the new heater in reverse order.
You can not install the panel in place, since the motor is also located behind. Inspect the wiring for damage.
Then you need to remove the engine to inspect the brushes and other parts.
- Disconnect the motor cables.
- Unscrew bolts of fastening.
- Pull out the motor and its brushes. If they are worn out, new parts must be installed. The same applies to lamellas and windings. They are checked last, if the brushes are all right.
- Examine the tachometer. It is attached to the engine casing. In case of malfunction, replace.
Burned main module
It is difficult to repair the electronics yourself, but it is possible to inspect it for damage.
- Remove the two screws from the back and remove the top cover.
- Remove the dispensing tray for the powder by pressing the retainer in the center.
- Unscrew bolts of fastening of the control panel.
- After opening the latches, remove the panel from the body of the AGR.
- Inspect the wiring for continuity. Unclip the clamps and, disconnecting the panel, inspect the control board.
- If the burned parts are visible on it, then repair or replacement is required.
- You can replace the item. Replace the new module, connect the connectors and secure the panel to the case.
All the details in the washing machine can be replaced independently, but not everyone can cope with their repair. If you are not sure of your abilities - contact the service center.