For a washing machine to work well, it needs periodic cleaning. When the user constantly exploits the dumb, without caring about leaving, sooner or later it will fail. If during the washing cycle a buzzing is heard from the machine and the water does not drain for a long time, the drain pump is clogged or defective.
In the article, we will examine where the pump is located in the various models, how to check it and clean it.
Content of the material:
- 1Why there are clogs in the pump of the washing machine
- 2Where is the pump located
- 3Dismantling the pump through the bottom of the SMA
- 4Dismantling the front of the case
- 5Dismantling the rear panel
- 6How and how to clean the pump in a typewriter
Why there are clogs in the pump of the washing machine
Determine that the pump is clogged, you can by external characteristics. Pay attention to such symptoms:
- Water is bad and slowly draining from the tank.
- During the pumping of water, noise and buzz are heard. The pump is trying to drain the water, but to no avail.
Why is the pump clogged, what contributes to this:
- Dirt and debris falling from the water pipe.
- Garbage that gets into the water from clothes. These are buttons, coins, threads, hair.
- Bad detergents that do not dissolve during washing and clog the pump.
If the drainage path in the AGR has never been cleaned, then it is not surprising that the pump is clogged. Consider how to fix the situation on your own and clean the car.
Where is the pump located
Some models of machines differ in structure. Depending on the brand, the pump should be searched in different places. To disassemble and eliminate the clog you will need these tools:
- car key;
- flat and cross screwdrivers.
Also prepare a container in advance, where the water will merge, while you will clean the pump.
You can facilitate the disassembly procedure by looking at the instructions. It shows where the pump is located, after which you can act.
Before dismantling the pump, drain the water and clean the filter.
- Disconnect the Stiralk from the communications.
- On the basement panel (under the front panel) is a small hatch. Press the hatch cover latches.
- Unscrew the filter counter-clockwise.
It happens that the filter refuses to be unscrewed. Sometimes the manufacturer additionally fixes it with a screw. Then you need to unscrew the screw and then the filter. Substitute the container and drain the water, clean the filter.
Dismantling the pump through the bottom of the SMA
This design is typical for the brands Whirlpool, Indesit (Indesit), Samsung (Samsung), LG, Ariston (Ariston), Beko, Ardo, Candy. Access to the pump is considered the most simplified.
- To remove the pump, you can reject the styrulka back. But if there is no one to hold the technique, then it's better to lay it on its side. First check if there is water in the powder receptacle.
- If the bottom of the machine is covered with a panel, unscrew the screws and remove it.
- After getting to the pump, loosen the pipe clamps and disconnect them from the pump casing.
- After disconnecting all wiring and unscrewing the fixing screws, remove the pump.
After dismantling, the part must be cleaned. Read about it below.
Dismantling the front of the case
To get to the drain pump in the brands AEG, Bosch, Siemens, you can only remove the front panel. It's a bit more complicated, act consistently:
- Remove the top cover from the housing. To do this, unscrew the two screws from the back and slide the cover in the opposite direction.
- Now you need to remove the control panel.
- Pull out the dispenser tray for the detergent by pressing the catch in the center.
- Remove the two screws behind the dispenser and one from the opposite side.
- Having developed latches, disconnect the panel from the case.
- It is not necessary to disconnect the control module wiring, you can put the panel on top of the case.
- Next you need to remove the plinth panel.
- Now open the hatch door. Unscrew the two screws holding the UBL lock and remove the collar clamp.
- It remains to unscrew the screws on the perimeter of the panel and remove it from the case.
The process of removing the pump is the same as in the previous case.
Before disconnecting the nozzle and the pump, replace the container, as water may pour out.
Dismantling the rear panel
Solving the question of how to clean the pump in the washing machine "Electrolux" and "Zanussi you will have to remove the back cover. For this:
- Disconnect the filler hose from the housing.
- Remove the screws holding the cover.
Now unplug and remove the drain pump. If you do disassembly for the first time, it's better to fix the repair on the camera. So it will be easier for you to collect everything correctly.
How and how to clean the pump in a typewriter
To clean the pump from clogging, you need to disassemble it. To dismantle the cochlea, you just need to unscrew a few screws. Remain two parts of the body - a snail and the pump itself with an impeller.
Inspect the impeller: often it is wound with hair, threads, which block the system. Check the snail, it must also be cleaned. Assemble the structure and replace it. After running the program, check if the machine is noisy and how well the water is pumped out.
If the symptoms break again, then the pump needs a replacement.
To avoid such a breakdown, observe simple rules:
- All clothes with an abundance of decor and buttons should be washed in mesh bags.
- Use only a special automatic powder.
- Periodically clean the drain system.
- Clean and replace the strainer that is installed on the priming valve.
Having studied the recommendations, you can start self-repair and clean all the important parts of the machine.