Did you open the refrigerator and notice the water under the drawers, or does the water flow from the cells? Or maybe you found it on the walls? What happened? Look closely at your refrigerator - ice may form in the hole for the outflow of water. Often this is accompanied by unpleasant smells.
In the main compartment, ice can be, but only in one place - usually it is collected on the back wall. This is not typical for every refrigerator, but only for models equipped with droplet thawing. If the water accumulates under the drawers, beware - there it should not be.
Good news! The water in the refrigerator is not necessarily a breakdown certificate. Sometimes it appears in the cells for independent reasons or due to user negligence. Many situations can be eliminated on their own.
Next, you will get an overview of the main causes of this phenomenon and a brief guide to action.
Content of the material:
- 1Drip or NoFrost?
2Why in the refrigerator water: drip type
2.1Clogged holes and nipples
- 2.1.1Children's syringe (pear) and ear wand
- 2.1.2Defrosting and wire
- 2.2Installation not by instruction
- 2.3Possible breakdowns
- 2.1Clogged holes and nipples
- 3Why there is water in the refrigerator Know Frost
Drip or NoFrost?
To understand how the camera is filled with water, find out the features of the refrigerator unit. Modern imported two-chamber models, such as Samsung, Virpul or Liebher, as well as domestic Atlant, are divided into two types:
- Drip. The basis of the system is the "crying" type of evaporator of the refrigerating compartment. When cooled, the evaporator, together with the rear panel, is slightly frosted with frost. When the set temperature mode is reached (from +4 to +8 degrees), the temperature drop is interrupted, and the chamber warms. As a result, hoarfrost thaws, and formed drops of moisture flow into the drain, which is located at the bottom of the compartment. From there, the liquid enters the tank located on or near the motor. The water evaporates and the cycle starts anew.
- NoFrost. In models No Frost (or Full No Frost - full cycle) in the main compartment there is no such part as an evaporator. In the cooling of the upper chamber, the lower compartment participates. Behind the freezer evaporator there is a special fan that overtakes cold air streams upwards - into the main compartment. Almost all air remains in the freezer, and only part of it is channeled through the channel to the main compartment. The regulation of the volume of cold air occurs due to the damper, which closes the reed switch, when the temperature in the upper compartment reaches the desired level. The flap is triggered by warming in the chamber.
Why in the refrigerator water: drip type
Clogged holes and nipples
If there is water in the "weeping" model under the containers, then the probability of the drainage system clogging is high. This is due to the features of the defrosting system. Condensate, draining down the wall, can take with you a small rubbish and crumbs, so the breakdown is accompanied by an unpleasant smell. With the formation of clog water has nowhere to leave the chamber, so it flows under the boxes.
When the chamber is cooled, the drainage and its contents often freeze - which causes frost near the drain. If the water at the bottom of the refrigerator is too long, it may end badly: the evaporator will freeze and the performance of the refrigerator will drop. In this case, you will notice a rare outage of the motor - it works at full force to restore the optimum temperature in the chambers.
To restore efficiency, you need to clean the sink. Below you will find ways to solve the problem. What if there is water in the refrigerator? Take two well-known methods of cleaning:
Children's syringe (pear) and ear wand
- De-energize the refrigerator. Before you start cleaning the drain, remove the plug from the outlet, remove the drawers.
- Clean the sink. If ice is not found at the bottom of the sink, use a cotton swab to clean the sink. Instead of a wand, you can take a spoke or a tube for a cocktail, prewound it with a cotton or soft cloth. If a special wand for cleaning has been supplied with the refrigerator, use it.
- Wash the drainage. Pour the heated water into the pear and inject it into the sink. If water flows unimpeded into the tank - you have struck a blockage.
If the operation did not help, and the water flows out, the drainage tube could freeze. Before cleaning, try defrosting the equipment.
Defrosting and wire
- Defrost, clean and imprint the drainage system. Allow the refrigerator to defrost for at least 8 hours.
- Using a wire of a suitable cross-section, clean the blockage in the sink. Take care not to break the drain hose and plastic parts. You can clean not only from the camera side, but also from the back - outside the refrigerator. Usually this method is more effective. If cleaning is unsuccessful, contact the service.
Installation not by instruction
If the floor under the refrigerator is uneven, the fitting of the door to the housing may be loose. This will provoke the flow of warm air from the room inside the compartment, because of what the compressor will "thresh" constantly. A rare shutdown of the motor will cause ice to freeze the camera, including the drain hole. Defrosting can not cope with complete defrosting of ice, so draining is unlikely to work. And if the hole is defrosted, then the tank for collecting thawed water will still not cope with such a volume of liquid, and the water will flow to the floor.
To adjust the work of all systems, you need to adjust the legs using the building level.
If both methods did not work, and the water remained in the refrigerator, the causes should be sought at other sites. In this case, the probability of breakage is high, so let's start searching for it.
The most frequent malfunctions, due to which water appears in the "crying" refrigerators, are indicated in the table.
|Symptoms||Reasons and repair|
|In addition to the puddles inside the refrigerator compartment, you noticed such "symptoms
Why there is water in the refrigerator Know Frost
If the brands AEG or Indesit are equipped with the No Frost or Full No Frost function, the water at the bottom of the camera appears if the evaporator defrost module has failed. The problem is accompanied by characteristic signs:
- the compressor operates continuously;
- the freezer has acquired a "coat" or ice crust;
- The main camera does not cool the food.
In the defrost module, such nodes could fail:
- evaporator heater;
If the freezer evaporator does not thaw, cold production is weak. To compensate for the missing temperature, the freezer works in an intensive mode, rarely interrupting the thawing. Because of this, the ice layer grows. As a result, the air passage through the evaporator freezes and the cooled air does not enter the main chamber. The thawing cycle in this compartment melts the ice in the canal, from where the water goes back to the chamber.
Important! All the details listed above are not repaired - they need to be changed.
Now you know that sometimes a "flood" is not associated with a breakdown and you can eliminate it without the help of a master. If the "Flood" is to blame for the malfunction, it is worth repairing the equipment yourself or contacting the service.