If the self-test system of the Bosch washing machine has issued an error on the display panel F17, you need to start decrypting it. Externally, the fault is expressed as follows: you turned on the washer, started the program, but do not hear the sound of dialing water.
Electronic models show error F17 on the display.
On models without a screen, the 800 or 1000 light bulbs ("Rinse") are blinking (lit).
Content of the material:
- 1Reasons and solutions for the problem
- 2.1Inlet valve
- 2.2Pressure sensor (pressure switch)
- 2.3Control Module
Reasons and solutions for the problem
If the error code F 17 is lit on the Bosch washing machine display, this means that the time for filling the tank is exceeded. The fault code can be displayed both at the beginning of the washing cycle and before the rinsing mode.
Note! For some Bosch washing machines, the error F17 is denoted as E17.
What is the meaning of the error, you figured out - now you need to understand how to eliminate it. To do this, we will understand the reasons for the appearance:
- The delivery tap is blocked (or not fully open). As a result, water either does not enter the tank at all, or the head is too small (less than 1 atm.), So it's time to dial. Check the valve, unscrew it completely. If everything is working out, and the error has been reset, then you have found the reason.
- The filter is clogged, or the water supply hose. The filter-mesh is located at the junction of the hose with the Bosch machine. Disconnect and flush the hose, then remove and clean the filter.
- Electronic controller failure. When this happens, you need to restart the Bosch CM, completely de-energized for 20 minutes, and then turn it on. Error F17 is gone - the problem is solved.
How to fix the situation if the actions did not help? Continue troubleshooting.
Your washing machine Bosch gives an error F17, water is not dialed, and all filters and hoses are checked. Start examining the internal parts of the stylalki.
What could be the cause of the DTC:
Before checking the valve, turn off the water supply and disconnect the machine from electricity.
- Disconnect hoses from inlet valves. Prepare a container for draining the water.
- Remove the top panel by unscrewing the two screws.
- Disconnect the connectors from the valve coil.
- Remove the clamps and disconnect the hoses.
- After unscrewing the fixing screw, remove the valve.
- Inspect it for damage or clog.
- The part is installed in the reverse order.
If after the replacement of the valve it was possible to solve the problem and remove the error code F 17, then everything worked out.
What to do otherwise - read on.
Pressure sensor (pressure switch)
The pressure sensor monitors the amount of water in the tank, and then sends data to the control module, which starts the washing program. When the pressure switch goes out of order, it either gives incorrect values, or does not work at all.
How to fix the breakdown:
- Remove the top cover of SM Bosch, you will see the pressostat next to one of the walls.
- Having removed a collar and having disconnected a hose of the gauge, check up a pressure switch: insert a tube and blow in it.
- If no clicks are heard and the sensor is defective, disconnect the connectors.
- Pull out the device and install a serviceable part.
Repair the pressure switch is useless, so with a breakdown, immediately make a replacement. You will be helped by video on the topic:.
As already mentioned above, the control unit gives commands for starting washing, rinsing or spinning. In the event of moisture or voltage drops, the components of the module may be damaged. Each element is responsible for a particular part in the Bosch dumb-bell and gives them a signal to launch.
To repair the fault, inspect the control board. To repair the contacts you will need a soldering, and the burnt elements will have to be replaced. In addition, inspect the wiring from the unit to the pressure switch and the intake valve.
If the insulation is damaged, replace the damaged wire. Sometimes it may be necessary to completely replace the control card.