Using Natural Products
There are several methods of how to wash a ballpoint pen with leatherette using chemicals that do not contain. It is after them that the result is achieved qualitatively and quickly. Moreover, these methods are the safest for the product and therefore are quite popular. Let's talk about some of them.
If your pen accidentally spilled in your bag pocket, do not panic and, subsequently, throw away your favorite thing. The first step is to try to scrub the traces of food salt to remove ink stains from the leatherette. To do this:
- Prepare a soap solution.
- Take a sponge and wet it with the resulting liquid.
- Scrub her soiled area.
- Next, it is necessary to cover the contaminated area with salt and leave it for several hours to remove the ink from the material.
- Then remove the remaining salt crystals.
Knowing this simple way, you can no longer worry about this problem. However, it is worth remembering that the salt method is only suitable for fresh stains. And since salt can be found in every person’s home, it can be easily applied at the time of pollution or as soon as possible.
Citric acid is almost in every housewife in a cabinet with spices. Due to its properties, it copes well with all sorts of pollution, including traces of the handle on the skin substitute. So, how to wipe the ball ink using this miracle tool? Follow these steps:
- Prepare in advance a sponge or cotton swab.
- Apply concentrated citric acid to the desired area.
- Rub the stain.
- Dilute the solution from soap and water and clean the product of the remaining acid.
- Wipe a piece of clothing with a dry cloth.
In the case when the pollution could not be removed the first time, then it is worth repeating the method with citric acid several times in a row.
Soda is also one of the main tools in the locker each mistress. It is not only great for preparing a variety of tasty flour products, but also helps to remove all sorts of pollution. Including soda will help you remove ink stains from your favorite bag or jacket from leatherette. Follow the steps outlined:
- Stir one teaspoon of soda in half a glass of water, the temperature of which is 30–40 degrees.
- Wet this mixture with a brush or any rag.
- Start cleaning ink stains.
- Prepare a solution of soap.
- Wipe off traces of soda.
- Dry wipe the product.
Ink stains are easiest to remove while they are fresh. Since they have not soaked the pores of kozhzam. Therefore, as soon as you see that your favorite thing was stained, it is best to immediately start cleaning it.
However, folk remedies are not a panacea. And if you did not manage to clean the stain with the means mentioned above, you can easily use the methods listed below.
With the help of chemicals
Nowadays, in hardware stores you can find a variety of different tools that can cope with almost any kind of pollution. And of course, they did not avoid the stain from the pen. These tools include:
- stain remover;
Let's talk separately about each tool, and how it will help eliminate the unpleasant problem.
This tool is very easy to use, because the composition is designed with regard to its effect on the skin of the hands and leather, therefore it is quite popular, especially for old stains from a leaked handle. In order for the tool to help you get rid of the problem, you must follow a certain sequence of actions:
- Take the selected solution.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from chemicals.
- Each tool has its own instructions, so you need to read it carefully.
- Apply the product to the stain as specified.
- Wait for the time indicated on the package.
- Then wash off any residue with a damp cloth.
With this method, you will accurately achieve the desired result, even if you accidentally discovered a stain that has already been absorbed into the material.
If you have just had a problem or have passed no more than an hour after what happened, then this method is perfect for you. Do not waste time thinking, but act immediately:
- Pour soap chips on the brush( you can use an old furniture brush or a toothbrush).
- Then slightly wet it and place the goat, stained with a pen.
- Next, you need to gently brush off the dirt on the material.
- Wash out any remaining traces of soap and water with a wet cloth.
This method is very useful in solving a similar problem not only on clothes or shoes, but also a sofa, as well as other items. The materials used will be found at home or at work, so wherever you are, knowing this trick, you can get rid of such trouble in such a simple way.Tip: rub the surface of the product carefully so as not to spoil its structure.
This method requires any alcohol-containing liquid( pharmaceutical alcohol or vodka).Follow these steps:
- Take an alcohol-containing remedy.
- Then wet them with a brush.
- Gently wipe the surface of the leatherette with a brush.
- At the end of a slightly damp cloth, remove the remaining alcohol particles from the surface of the product.
This method is very simple, because the necessary liquid will be exactly in every person in the first-aid kit. True, its feature is that it acts exclusively on new pollution.
These cleaning solutions were created for heavily soiled dishes. But resourceful housewives successfully learned to use it in solving the problem of ink falling on the surface of the skin substitute, since its composition is also effective for this problem. Therefore, if suddenly you have soiled your favorite jacket with a ballpoint pen, take the detergent and proceed with the actions:
- Apply dishwashing detergent to the dampened sponge or cloth.
- After gently wipe the area with dirt.
- Wipe off excess with a damp cloth.
- If necessary, repeat the steps until you reach the desired goal.
This method will easily help you get rid of the stain on your favorite jacket or bag.
This method is the latest, because it is used in extremely extreme cases, if the above methods have not been effective. These include gasoline, acetone, nail polish remover, kerosene. Surely some of them can be found in your locker, and maybe in a cosmetic bag. With their help, you can easily remove even the most outdated ink. Carry out all the items correctly, so as not to spoil the material:
- Take a rag and wet it with the chosen tool.
- Wipe the contaminated area with it.
- Be sure to wash the residue with soapy water.
- After this, wipe the product dry.
- Do not forget to immediately use glycerin paste to process the necessary things.
It is important to remember that when using aggressive means you need to be careful and work with them in special gloves. In order not to spoil the product, try to try this method in an inconspicuous area.
Each of these methods will perfectly help you to clean the ink stain from the contaminated leather. The main thing to remember is that their effectiveness depends on the old age of the spot that has appeared. Therefore, before you start cleaning your favorite thing, you need to determine how long the ink stain is on the product, so as not to waste time in vain, but to immediately select an effective method.