To the housekeeper on the note
Before washing the mattress from the urine, it is necessary to examine in detail some of the characteristics of materials. The sleeping bed can be of the following types:
- Coconut. Such a product can only be knocked out, previously wrapped it with a damp cloth. Wet cleaning with a brush or sponge is allowed.
- Polyurethane Foam. Material can not be wet with much water. If you need to remove stains and the smell of urine, it is better to resort to a slightly wet or dry cleaning.
- Spring blocks. Wash products can not. Water will destroy the springs and rust formation will begin. As a result, the mattress will begin to creak.
Before you start cleaning, carefully study what your mattress is made of. And then according to the selected material, you can proceed to the procedure.
. Express method.
. Stains from the urine of a child are heavy pollution that is difficult to remove. The very first way is to use baby washing powder. It is important to choose a tool without color blotches. And then you need to do the following:
- pour powder on the spot;
- carefully rub with a dry sponge;
- to collect the remains of the powder with a vacuum cleaner.
This recipe will help not only to remove stains, but also to remove unpleasant odor. If the baby powder did not help, then the following recipe will help wipe off unpleasant yellow stains:
- pour warm water into the spray bottle;
- add lemon juice( 1: 1 ratio);
- spray the entire surface of the stain and let it dry completely;
- at the end apply baking soda to the entire surface of the contamination;
- remove residual cleaning agent with a vacuum cleaner.
If you see fresh urine stains, it is much easier to remove them. To do this, do the following:
- Take a dry piece of cloth and blot all urine. Swipe the same place several times with a sponge. As soon as she absorbed all the moisture, squeeze it. Need to collect as much fluid as possible from the mattress.
- Dampen the affected area. Urine stain should be diluted with clean water. It will help eliminate the main unpleasant smell. To do this, use a sponge. Additionally, you can disinfect the place with alcohol or vinegar. This will help remove bacteria that are in the urine.
- Cleaned place should dry well. Do not rush to cover the mattress with a sheet. For drying, you can use a fan or a hairdryer. If the weather permits, dry the product in open sunlight.
If the stains had time to dry out and exude an unpleasant smell, you can clean the mattress as follows:
- Wet the stain. Do not pour much water. It is enough to slightly dilute the pollution and reduce the concentration of the smell.
- Take the borax. Sprinkle it with plenty of processing area. This substance perfectly neutralizes the most persistent and strong odors.
- Using a sponge, rub a borax into the surface of the material. It should feel as if she had penetrated under the upholstery.
- Dry the surface. You can use any available tools and methods.
- Vacuum cleaned area. This way you collect the remains of the borax from the mattress.
As you can see, it is possible to clean old urine stains.
You can clean any type of urine stains with a simple recipe. For its preparation is used:
- 200 grams 3% hydrogen peroxide;
- 50 grams of baking soda;
- some liquid soap or dishwashing detergent;
- spray bottle.
The working solution is prepared when they are going to clean the stain. This is done as follows:
- In a container, mix all the ingredients except liquid soap.
- Wait for the complete dissolution of the baking soda.
- Add liquid soap.
- Shake the prepared solution thoroughly and spray abundantly over the entire surface of the stain.
During the first 5-10 minutes, it will be seen how the pollution comes off by itself. After drying, white stains from soda may remain. They are easy to clean with a vacuum cleaner.
Some recommendations will help to remove stains and preserve the mattress:
- Use professional tools. There is a wide range that allows you to clean any material.
- Get a waterproof mattress for your baby.
- If you tried to clean the stains with borax, use its remnants to wash bed linen.
- In the presence of a quality and expensive waterproof mattress pad, it is not recommended to wet it and wash it. He will lose his protective functions.
You got acquainted with effective folk recipes that will help to clean the children's mattress from the smell and stains of urine.