, you will be in the business, you will be in the business, you will be in the business, you will be in the business, you will be in the business, you will be in the business, you will be in the business, she will be in the business, she will be in the business, she will be in the business, she will be in the business, she will be in the business, she will be in the business, she will be for the business, she will be in the business, she will be for the business, she will be in the business, she will be the way for, she will be.does not need special feeds - it grows well without it. In some ways they are right. Indeed, if the soil is fertile and there are enough trace elements necessary for the development of the plant, the question of how to feed the potatoes should not worry you. But what if the bushes do not receive any vitamins? In this case, will be able to help feed.
Note that usually the necessary fertilizers are applied immediately before planting. If for some reason this moment was missed, foliar fertilizing comes to the rescue. Their main feature is that they are not brought into the ground, but, as a rule, are sprayed onto potato bushes. Getting on the leaves, nutrients are very quickly distributed throughout the plant. The advantage of this method is that the beneficial trace elements reach the tubers much faster than with the usual spring fertilization.
How to feed potatoes after sprouting
A few weeks( 14-20 days) after sprouting, potatoes can and should be fed. During this period, the plant will require nitrogen supplements( eg, urea), which will significantly improve the pace of development of the potato bush. Such dressing will be especially well reflected on plants that have sprung up later and are slightly delayed in development. The main requirement for the application procedure is to adhere to the dosage.
Ensure that the granules of the product are dissolved in water. It is necessary that the treated leaves do not get a chemical burn.
Potato flowering period - time for complex feeding
When the flowers start to form on the bush, you need to feed the potatoes with the mineral fertilizer . To prepare the working solution you will need a number of tools:
- ammonium nitrate( 2 gr.);
- potassium chloride( 2 g.);
- superphosphate( instructions for use)( 20 gr.);
- blue vitriol( 0.1 g.).
Read also: A cautious approach in the use of watermelon during pregnancy
All components are dissolved in 10 liters of warm water, and then allowed to brew( it usually takes 3 hours).After the time has elapsed, a little water( about a liter) is added to the solution and drawn into the sprayer. Such fertilizing not only triggers processes that promote the development of plants, but also helps prevent fungal diseases. This is achieved due to the presence of copper sulfate in it.
How to fertilize potatoes during the formation and maturation of tubers
Foliar nutrition of potatoes during the formation of tubers are especially important. They saturate the plant with essential microelements and as a result there is no doubt that the roots will grow large and tasty.
It passes dressing in two stages:
- After the potatoes have faded( during this period, the tubers begin to form) produce foliar feeding with manganese and boron. The first tool allows you to improve the taste of the tuber, and the second helps to prevent the formation of voids in the roots. In order not to burden yourself with unnecessary hassle, the easiest way is to purchase a Mag-Bor fertilizer that is universal for this period. You can buy it in any agricultural store. The price per package( 200 gr.) Is small - only 35-40 rubles. Means will be enough for a long time - only 1 tablespoon of granules will be needed for 10 liters of water.
- When a month is left before the harvest( during this period, the tubers begin to ripen actively) it is time for the second foliar feeding. The universal fertilizer for potatoes in this period is phosphorus. To do this, you can stop your choice on all familiar superphosphate. It costs about the same as the "Mag-Bor" - 40 rubles. True, one pack is not enough. One hundred square meters will need 400 grams.facilities. The method of application is simple: the granules evenly crumble near the potato bush. The second feeding allows you to increase the yield by an order of magnitude.
Read also: Russian garden
Foliar fertilization: you need to know this
Foliar fertilization should be carried out correctly. If you do not observe even the seemingly insignificant nuances, you can be left without a crop.
So, in this chapter we will talk about the main points that need to be paid attention to:
- The first feeding of potatoes after planting is done when it takes about 2 weeks. This is not recommended before.
- It is noteworthy that the more developed potato bushes better absorb nutrients, which can not be said about the diseased plants. This is because the leaves of weakened bushes have a dense structure, and therefore the penetration of the working solution into them is limited.
- It is better to process potato bushes in cloudy and windless weather. If the sun is shining outside, then spraying should be postponed for the morning or evening. Otherwise, the plants are at risk of thermal burn. And one more thing, if according to the forecast rain is expected, then it is better to wait a little with fertilizers for potatoes - in order for the solution to be absorbed you need at least 2 hours. Atmospheric precipitation can interfere with this process.
- If negative temperatures( frosts) are observed outside at night, then treatment of the bushes should be postponed for 2–3 days.
- The amount of feeding directly depends on the potato variety. If it is early, then nutrients will be required more for its full development than for the mid-season. In addition, early-maturing potato varieties react more intensively to foliar feeding, which means they will have to be fertilized more and more often.
- Indisputable plus foliar dressing in profitability - this requires much less fertilizer than with the usual application of fertilizers. Plus, thanks to foliar nutrition, the plant develops immunity, which allows you to resist various fungal diseases.
Read also: Features of curly parsley and how it is grown
So, foliar application can significantly increase the yield of potatoes. It is not necessary if fertilizers were applied to the soil in the spring. If this moment was missed, then foliar feeding can be a real magic wand. In general, summing up the above, it is possible to say with confidence that it is possible to grow tasty and healthy potatoes in your area, even a novice can. The main thing to know when and how to fertilize potatoes, as well as at what time to carry out these procedures. We hope that our article will help you with this.
Potato Mineral Nutrition - Video