Recommendations for care
Before you start cleaning the boots, carefully read the tips on their drying and care.
- This type of shoe can not be dried by putting on a central heating battery. The wool will shrink and they will lose their shape.
- It is also forbidden to use electric dryers for shoes that may damage the surface.
- Do not dry felt boots by an open fire, for example, a stove or a fireplace. Wool fiber quickly ignites and they can catch fire.
- In order to dry the felt products, paper is stuffed in them so that they do not lose their shape and are put in a dry warm place. If the boots are very wet, the paper should be periodically changed. This will speed up the drying process.
- Use special water-repellent impregnation for felt before going out, this will significantly extend the service life of felt boots.
Wool is used as raw material for the manufacture of this type of footwear. Its main properties are increased moisture absorption and a tendency to deform when wet. In this regard, you can not wash the boots, especially in the washing machine. Wool coats, will lose its shape and will shrink strongly. Therefore, to clean such shoes at home should be very carefully with the use of special tools.
- First you need to remove residual snow and heavy dirt from your shoes. To clean the boots of large clumps of dirt, use a brush for shoes with stiff bristles. Shake off large, sticky pieces and then proceed to remove small stains.
- Dissolve woolen carpet cleaner in cool water, for example, Vanish. Beat the resulting solution into the foam and with a sponge, gently apply to the contaminated area. Gently rub and leave for some time. Wait until it is completely dry and remove any residues.
- Take the detergent "Weasel" and dilute with water according to the instructions. With a cloth or sponge soaked in the solution, rub the dirty area until the stain is completely removed. Repeat if necessary. Then dry the treated surface.
- If the products are heavily damaged by dirt, you can use laundry detergent with bleach for the cleaning operation. Dissolve it in a small amount of cool water and rinse the spot well. Allow the process to dry.
- In case of light surface contamination, pour the semolina or flour onto the felt. Well rub into the structure of the product. After a thorough rubbing, knock out the croup to completely remove the particles. These tools perfectly clean things from dirt of various kinds and do not leave traces behind them. You can also use starch.
- If the dirt is dry and has the character of lumps, you can try to clean the felt surface with a vacuum cleaner.
- Valenoks with the addition of artificial fibers can be rubbed with a piece of soap, pre-moistened places of pollution, then rinse with cold water under the tap. The presence of additives in the felt can be found on the label made by the manufacturer.
- Take advantage of special cleaning products, which produce some foreign manufacturers of felted shoes. They make brushes and other care products for these products.
Following all these recommendations you will use your shoes much longer. Properly caring for beautiful white wool things you will keep their original appearance for a long time.