Content of the article:
Compote of black currant is pleased with compote of black currant and raspberry
Usefulness of black currant
The plant contains vitamins C, E, B, PP, iron, calcium, zinc, beta-carotene, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, organic acids and other useful substances that do not disappear during the heat treatment during canning. This fact is appropriate in the blanks compote of black currant for the winter. Also, black currant has all the components that allow it to be stored in banks for a long time without vinegar and lemon additives.
In the currant bush, not only berries are useful, but also leaves, flowers and buds. Due to the high content in the leaves of vitamin C, they are used to make decoctions that positively affect the work of the heart and blood vessels. Tinctures of buds and twigs are used as lotions on the eyes, as well as on areas damaged by eczema and dermatitis. Regular consumption of currant berries makes them febrifugal, soothing, tonic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and tonic. Based on the above beneficial microelements on the body, be sure to strengthen the immune system with a glass of compote every morning.
Do not eat black currants for people with high acidity of the stomach and those with a tendency to thrombosis.
Black Currant Compote Quick
The black currant compote recipe for the winter provides for 1 - 1.5 hours of your time. To create such provisions will need 600 grams of berries, which will be stored in a syrup consisting of 2.7 liters of water and 300 grams of sugar. Such preservation does not imply sterilization of the jar with berries, which significantly reduces the cooking time and is boldly called a “quick” recipe.
- Enumerate the berries, getting rid of rotten and spoiled. Place them in a bowl of cold water and rinse. Drain the dirty water, and clean the currants in the jar.
- Boil water and pour a jar with the currant in it halfway up. Cover with a lid, leave for 40 minutes to saturate the berries with water.
- Pour sugar into a pot or bowl and pour the real water from the jar into it. Mix and boil the whole consistency.
- Fill the jar with the obtained syrup a second time and firmly tighten the cap. Black currant compote for the winter without sterilization, wrap in a thick cloth before cooling. After which you can store in the pantry.
Berries can not get rid of the stem. Their presence will not damage the safety of provisions, and the blank will have a decorative appearance.
Compote of black currants and apples
Winter black currant drink can be preserved not only in a clean version, but also combined with other fruits or berries. Future provisions acquire not only another branch of taste, but also are intertwined with many additional useful substances. Such a fortified mix can be a compote of apples and black currants. It will go to 500 grams of apples and 150 grams of currants. Syrup includes 5 large spoons of sugar and 3 liters of water.
- Wash the apples, divide them into 4 parts, remove the bones. The shape of the apples can be given any, even to preserve entirely would be a good idea.
- Rinse currant berries.
- Add water to the pan and immerse the apple pieces and black currant in it. Boil.
- Add sugar to the boiling fruit, slow down the heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour into cans and cork. Compote ready!
Canned fruit after uncorking a jar is not necessary to throw away. They can be eaten just like that or put it as a filling in pies.
Black Currant Compote with Orange
The unusual taste currant compote gain thanks to the addition of citrus. On a black currant compote with an orange should take 1 liter of berries, half an orange and 350 grams of sugar.
- Wash the berries.
- Orange to turn into cutting any desired shape.
- Place the ingredients in a jar and pour boiling water over 5 minutes.
- Pour the fragrant water into a saucepan, add sugar, dissolve by boiling.
- Pour citrus fruits and berries with boiling syrup. Immediately roll, turn and wrap.
Black currant and raspberry compote
Combining two seasonal berries in the preparation of an aromatic drink is simply an excellent idea. Such a result can be a compote of black currant and raspberry. Black currant to him need to break as much as necessary, depends on your desire, how concentrated you want to see compote. The second major component will be 200 grams of raspberry.1 kilogram of sugar, diluted in 1 liter of water, will act as a syrup. Also in the syrup you need to add raspberries.
- Enumerate and wash currant berries. Blanch 5 minutes washed fruits.
- Place the washed fruits in sterilized jars.
- The syrup is boiled out of water, sugar and contain raspberries there.
- Pour the boiling raspberry mixture into jars of currants. Cover with a lid, wait 5 minutes.
- Drain the liquid in a saucepan, boil again and pour the jar over it. Cork, ready!
To enhance the taste, you can add sprigs of lemon balm and lemon.
Black currant compote can be combined not only with apple and raspberry. There are many recipes for canning this drink with other ingredients. These can be: strawberries, pears, red currants, mint, lemon, lime and even cucumbers. Cooking steps with other ingredients will be the same as in the recipes above, only the number will vary according to your taste. Even the amount of sugar is regulated, according to your preferences. Enjoy your meal!