Only a laminate flooring of class 32 and 33 has sufficient reliability and durability. This is a high-quality material that can be safely laid in any room: hallway, nursery, in the kitchen. With proper treatment, a laminate floor can last up to 25 years. Properly care for laminate in the apartment is quite simple.
- Carefully move heavy furniture when moving or cleaning a room. Armchairs and tables with wheels can scratch the floor, so wrap them with soft material before moving around the room.
- Be careful with heavy sharp objects. If you drop a knife or similar object with the tip down, a chip may remain on the surface of the board.
- Do not use hard brushes or abrasive cleaners to clean the laminate. They can cause minor scratches, which lead to the destruction of the structure of the boards. Their durability will decrease with time.
- Use a soft cloth to wash the laminate covering, preferably microfiber or a mop with a soft nozzle.
- When a liquid laminate appears on the floor, you should immediately remove it, as it is sensitive to excessive moisture.
- Scratches and chips are recommended to quickly smear with special pastes. This will give an acceptable look to the coating and will avoid further destruction of the board.
Laminate flooring can be washed using the usual available surface cleaning solutions. It is also easy to care for the laminate to make it shine.
- If there is heavy dirt on the floor, make a cleaning solution using any detergent. It can be a universal cleaner for all surfaces or ordinary liquid soap.
- To make the laminate floor shine, make a special compound. Dissolve a small amount of vinegar in a few glasses of warm water, add 2-3 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid.
- Use special detergents for laminate surfaces that are sold in building or hardware stores.
Cleaning the floor from the laminate
The daily maintenance of the laminate is a very simple operation. Wipe the floor regularly with warm water and a damp, soft cloth. If there is contamination, add the cleaning solution to the water.
After washing with a cleaning agent, wash the surface with clean water, then wipe with a dry cloth. In rooms with a minimum amount of dirt, you can vacuum the floor with a soft brush, and then wipe it with a well-wrung cloth soaked in warm water.
Removing scratches and scuffs
Scratches, chips, as well as traces of furniture or footwear can form on the laminate surface. If you apply the tools to remove them correctly, you can easily restore the surface appearance at home.
- To remove small fresh scuffs left from shoes or other items, rub them with an eraser.
- If the scabs are old, you can try to clean them with a solution of vinegar. Mix water and vinegar in equal proportions and rub the dirty area with a cloth dipped in this liquid. After the dirt has completely disappeared, rinse the area with clean water and wipe with a dry cloth.
- In order to remove small scratches, use a wax pencil. Clean the area of contamination. Cover the damaged area with a wax compound, then remove the excess and polish with a soft cloth.
- Severe damage in the form of deep scratches and chips can be covered with special pastes that are sold in hardware stores. So that after repairing the patch, the stain does not stand out on the floor, pick up the tool that matches the color with the board and apply it to the damaged area with a spatula. Completely fill the well, then remove the excess paste. After this operation, you can apply a protective layer of special varnish for the laminate.
On the surface of the laminate, stains of a different nature can form, especially if it is a floor in the kitchen or hallway. Removing them, in normal cases, is not difficult:
- Stains from traces of lipstick, marker, nail polish are easy to remove with any solvent or other liquid with acetone. Apply a contaminant with a sponge or cloth and rub until completely removed. Immediately after this procedure, rinse well with clean water and wipe dry.
- Wax plaque removed with vinegar solution. In a small amount of water, add a little vinegar and rub the stain with this liquid.
- To remove grease stains from the laminate, use only special means for this type of material. It is better not to use other cleaning compositions.
With regular dry and wet cleaning of the laminate surface, your floor will always shine clean. And timely removal of scratches will help to maintain it in the proper form and you will be able to admire the laminate floors for a long time.