Often housewives are concerned about how to get rid of the smell in a slow cooker. He may attend a new slow cooker or stay after cooking your favorite dishes. To get rid of odors by simply washing the bowl is no longer working; they are persistent and saturated. Today we will tell how to remove the smell from the multicooker by folk methods.
- Eliminating the smell from a new multicooker
- Eliminating the smell of cooked products
- Preventing unpleasant odors in the multicooker
Eliminating the smell from a new multicooker
Multicooker is a multifunctional unit that almost everyone has in the kitchen. She firmly entered life due to the simplicity of its device. All you need is to prepare products and choose the optimal mode. It saves time and allows the novice chef to make a tasty dish.
By purchasing this kitchen assistant, you can face the problem of unpleasant smell of plastic, which can be transferred from the cup to cooked food. How to get rid of amber in a slow cooker? There are several answers to this question:
- Pour one liter of water into the bowl and add a tablespoon of lemon juice or citric acid. Turn on steamer mode for 30 minutes. After the water is drained and rinsed with clean water. The unit is fully operational, the plastic and rubber amber is completely eliminated.
- The smell of plastic can be removed with 9% vinegar. We moisten a cloth with it and wipe the parts without touching the heating element. The stench in the slow cooker will disappear in minutes.
- If the smell in the multicooker has become intolerable, you can add two tablespoons of 9% vinegar to a liter of water and turn it on to the double boiler. After half an hour, turn off and rinse with clean water.
- If the unit stinks with plastic, it can be cleaned using ordinary detergent. To do this, remove the silicone gasket from the cover and rinse it with the product under clean running water. After thoroughly dry it and put in place.
Using these methods, you can quickly get rid of the unpleasant amber of plastic or rubber in a slow cooker. It does not take much time and money.
Read also: A new kettle smells like plastic, what to do?
Eliminating the smell of cooked products
The following methods will help to get rid of the unpleasant smell of food:
- If the bowl stinks with fish, then vinegar will help. You need to add it in the amount of two spoons in half a liter of water. Turn on steamer mode. After completing the work, wash the bowl and valve with clean water and wipe with a damp cloth and then dry with a clean towel. This method takes longer than the time, but completely discourages the unpleasant smell from the
- multicooker. You can usually get rid of the unpleasant amber in the muliteware with the help of soda and salt. Cooking soda solution. We take soda ash, salt and dissolve them in water in a ratio of 1: 1: 1.This mixture thoroughly rinses the bowl a couple of times. Wash thoroughly with plain water.
- If the unit stinks badly, then the usual whole-grain coffee will help get rid of the smell in the slow cooker. It is an excellent adsorbent, able to absorb all the unpleasant-smelling particles. You just need to put on the bottom of a cup of natural shredded coffee. During the night, all odors will disappear.
- If you cook several dishes in a row at once, you can get an additional sealing ring. Let it be different for each type of dishes. For example, for cooking soups use one, and for desserts another.
Read also: How to remove the smell from the microwave?
Preventing odors in a multi-cooker
- Do not close the valve of the device during storage. Its open position will ensure the normal passage of air, without creating its stagnation. If you follow this rule the stale stench in the device is never formed.
- After each cooking process, thoroughly wash the appliance. It is not allowed to leave even the slightest droplets of fat or food residue.
- Store the multicooker in a ventilated place, with the lid tightly closed. A kitchen table is suitable for this, not a cupboard or a place in the pantry.
- Do not store ready meals in the bowl. After cooking, I put food in a separate dish.
Knowing all these rules and tips you can easily cope with the task of how to get rid of the smell in a slow cooker.