- №1.Types of air conditioners
- №2.The basic rules for installing air conditioning in the apartment
- №3.Where to install air conditioning in the bedroom?
- # 4.Air conditioning in the living room and kitchen
- №5.Air conditioning in the children's room
- №6.How to fit the air conditioner in the interior?
- №7.Location of the outdoor unit
It seems that modern man can’t survive the hot summer without an air conditioner, only among us there are still many opponents of this miracle of technology. An air conditioner is not liked due to the fact that it provokes the appearance of colds, but if you find the right place for it, then you will be able to get rid of almost all the shortcomings. Where to install air conditioning in an apartment, house, room, so that pleasant coolness does not become a source of high temperature, cough and runny nose, but only comfort and pleasure?
№1.Types of air conditioners
Air conditioners are different, and therefore the rules for their placement are different. Without going into details and features of choice, we note only
the main types of cooling devices that can be used in the home:
- mobile air conditioner is a small but rather heavy( 30-50 kg) device, placed on the floor, can easily move around the roomand the apartment, it can even be transported to another house. Mandatory design element - a hose through which hot air is displayed on the street. Questions about the installation of such an air conditioner, as a rule, does not arise. The main thing is that the cold air does not blow on people, but, in which case, its direction can be easily corrected. The main disadvantage is a big noise;
- window monoblock can be installed only in the window opening, as evidenced by its name. Such devices are not very effective, take away the light, spoil the appearance of the window, so recently rarely mounted;
- split system - the most popular type of air conditioners today. Consists of two blocks, indoor and outdoor. Placing an indoor unit causes, as a rule, the most questions, so we will pay maximum attention to this topic.
№2.Basic rules for installing an air conditioner in an apartment
Everyone who is going to equip their dwellings with an air conditioner is primarily concerned with the choice of a device that is suitable for its technical characteristics. The widest range of climatic equipment is presented on the website veter-spb.com, and the company's staff will help with the selection of the most suitable model, conduct a high-quality installation of air conditioning and will be able to provide further maintenance of equipment. Of course, you will have to decide on an installation site for an air conditioner in an apartment, but this is not so difficult - it is important to consider only some of the tips and features of equipment operation.
For the operation of the air conditioner to be completely safe for health, follow these guidelines :
- cold air should not fall on the bed, sofa, desk and other places where the household is for a long time. The maximum concentration of cold air is observed at a distance of 2-3 meters from the air conditioner, then the cool dissipates;
- the optimal distance between the ceiling of the and the upper boundary of the internal unit of the split system is 10-15 cm. The warm air is taken from the apartment through the upper part, which is why it is so important that there is enough space for the air masses to circulate freely;
- distance between air conditioner and furniture must be maintained. If the installation is to be carried out above the cabinet, then 70-100 cm of space should remain between it and the ceiling. In a radius of 1-1.5 m in front of the air conditioner should not be pieces of furniture. If these rules are not followed, the cooled air will collide with barriers, and instead of spreading around the room, it will be reflected from the furniture and return again to the intake opening. The device evaluates the effectiveness of its work on the temperature of the air suitable to it, and if it already has cooled air, the temperature sensors will give the command to stop working, and the user will not receive proper coolness. If this happens all the time, the air conditioner will quickly fail;
- air conditioner should not be closed by curtains and partitions for the reason described above;
- air conditioning and heating devices can not be near - high temperatures can adversely affect the operation of climate control equipment. Air conditioning should not be installed near heating radiators, boilers, electric heaters, boilers, refrigerators. Installing near a cooker is not highly recommended: not only is it a source of hot air, so also the air conditioner( until it breaks) will emanate from it the air to extinguish the flame of a gas stove;
- it is advisable not to mount the air conditioner in front of the entrance door;
- is better not to install air conditioning at all in the premises where lathes and drills will constantly work, as the equipment in such conditions will quickly fail;
- it is best to install the air conditioner during the repair in the apartment - it will be much easier to fit it neatly and hide the communication;
- the smaller the is the distance between the indoor and outdoor units of the air conditioner , the better. Firstly, the installation is cheaper, secondly, there are fewer problems with disguising the freon track, and thirdly, the efficiency of the system is higher. The optimal distance between the blocks is 5-10 m, it is possible less, but not more, therefore often the air conditioner is placed on the wall, where the window is located, or on the adjacent window;
- if the windows face the sunny side, then the air conditioner should be positioned so that cool air flows perpendicular to the hot air flow from the window;
- indoor unit must fit into the interior so that it is almost not conspicuous.
The smaller the room, the more difficult it is to find a suitable place to install the air conditioner, but in this case mobile devices can save.
№3.Where to install air conditioning in the bedroom?
The optimal space for an air conditioner in the bedroom is a wall at the head of the bed, but the device is not hung right above the bed, but to the side of the bed. In this case, the cold air will concentrate closer to the feet of the rest, and not near the head.
The permissible option is - position the air conditioner so that cool air goes perpendicular to the sleeping area and passes around the footboard.
You can also hang the air conditioner above the door. In this case, the unit will not be noticeable when entering the room, and if you leave the door open, the coolness spreads beyond the bedroom. The only disadvantage of this option is a long freon track.
The most unsuccessful options for placing air conditioning in the bedroom to the are to install it in front of the bed when cold air falls directly on the heads of the guests, and opposite the front door when the unit immediately catches the eye when entering the room.
A place near the window is also suitable for placing an air conditioner, but here you must be extremely careful in terms of the choice of curtains. Massive structures will reduce the efficiency of the device if they disrupt the normal circulation of air.
If you could not find the perfect place, you can pay attention to the air conditioner with multidirectional airflow .In which case, the lower flap can be covered by sending cool air in some direction. In any case, it is better not to leave the air conditioner on at night.
№4.Air conditioning in the living room and kitchen
Choosing a place for air conditioning in the living room , you should follow the rules described above, but this, alas, is not always enough. In a room where households and guests gather, it is more important than nowhere else that the block be as inconspicuous as possible and literally dissolve into the interior. Directing air to sofas, chairs and a dining table is strictly not recommended.
In the kitchen, which is usually a very small space, the air conditioner is difficult to fit, especially considering the many dangers in the form of a stove, a refrigerator, radiators and speakers. If you cannot do without an air conditioner at all, then pay attention to the most compact and angular models.
№5.Air conditioning in the children's room.
In the children's room, it is better not to use air conditioning at all, since children are especially sensitive to the flow of cool air and can quickly get sick. If the heat is out, and in the nursery there is nothing to breathe at all, then the output will be the mobile air conditioner. It can be switched on for a short time and direct the air flow to the safest place. In principle, if you turn on the air conditioner only when there are no children in the room, and maintain the optimum room temperature with it, you can also install a split system, following the rules written above.
№6.How to fit the air conditioner in the interior?
Selecting the most suitable place for an air conditioner is, as it turned out, only half the battle. It is also important that the block does not stand out much, and better - organically fit into the interior. You cannot hide the device behind a decorative panel or screen for the reasons described above, but there are several ways to fit the air conditioner into the space of the room as organically as possible:
- hide the block among other objects of similar form .A great option is to dissolve it among the wall shelves. Moreover, under the block you can even select your own decorative shelf, which will be located below the device itself, but at the same time repeat its shape;
- position the air conditioner above the window, if the ceiling height allows it. The window is an element that attracts maximum attention, so the air conditioner on its background can not even be noticed. If there are two windows in the room, the block can be placed in the wall between them, additionally distracting the eye with spectacular curtains;
- choose air conditioner unit in the color of the wall , then the device will be minimally allocated. However, if an unusual shade of paint was used, it will be difficult to find a suitable device, and plastic paint, which can be clearly matched in tone, is not easy to find;
- to build a block or its part into an niche or fake ;
- buy air conditioning in the form of a picture. These are also there. Immediately and not guess.
№7.Location of the outdoor unit
The second mandatory part of the split system is the outdoor unit, and some rules are also made for its location:
- it should be easily accessible;
- on top of the unit does not interfere with the installation of a visor to protect against precipitation and direct sunlight;
- within a radius of 0.5-1 m from the outdoor unit there should be no trees, otherwise with the wind the branches and leaves may fall on the blades of the device;
- placing an outdoor unit on a glassed-in balcony is a bad idea, it can overheat and fail;
- external unit can not be mounted near the pipeline. When working, it can get very hot, and high temperatures and gas are a disaster.
However, the company specializing in the installation of air conditioners is responsible for the correct installation of the external unit.
Climate equipment is bought and installed not for one, or even for three years, so it’s still worth spending a little time choosing the most suitable place for an air conditioner, otherwise you may encounter persistent colds and the need to outweigh the internal unitand minor repairs.