- How it works
- Pros and cons of induction furnaces
- Induction cookers: what they are
- Choosing an induction surface: what to look for
- TOP-3 induction cookers
yearThis topic is very relevant. Although induction hobs appeared on the domestic market more than 20 years ago, they are rarely found in modern kitchens. And in vain. The heating rate of the induction cooker is in no way inferior to gas analogues. And the efficiency and ease of operation is much higher than that of electrical. But which induction stove to choose for home, office or garden? What they are and how they differ from one another? Let's talk about this in more detail.
How it works
Before we talk about which of the induction panels is better to choose, let's understand in principle its work. Under the top panel of the plate is an induction coil, made of copper. That is why the oven is called induction. The magnetic coil conducts electrical current, as a result of which a magnetic field is formed, which penetrates through the top cover. Under the action of this field, electromagnetic oscillations are generated in the bottom of a special dish, causing heating.
By the way, the cooking surface remains cold, so it is practically impossible to burn yourself. In this case, only that part of the induction surface on which the dishes are standing is heated, that is, the oven automatically adjusts to the diameter of the pan. Also, for security reasons, it is impossible to turn on the stove if there is no pan or frying pan on it, which is very good for economical but forgetful housewives.
Pros and cons of induction furnaces
The positive qualities of such equipment, in our opinion, are much more than negative ones. Among them, for example, such:( See also: Rating of the best induction surfaces of 2017)
- Economical power consumption. The stove heats only the part that is occupied by the dishes and maintains a constant temperature. Thus, the cooking process is completed much faster. At the same time, almost all models have protection against network surges and overvoltage sensors.
- Security. There is no open fire or hot stove. If the stove is empty pans or it is not at all - the oven will not turn on.
- Ease of care. Even if the contents of the pan accidentally “ran away”, you will not see any smoke, or burning, or children. After all, the cooking surface remains barely warm and does not burn anything. After using the hob, simply wipe with a damp cloth.
- There is no particular need for airing. Since the stove heats only the pot, not the air, there is no need for continuous ventilation.
- Ease of use. Almost all models of 2016-2017 are very simple and clear to manage. Even with an inexpensive induction cooker, adjustable or even automatic modes are provided, which greatly simplifies the process.
- Compact size. Separate single- and two-stove stoves are so light and compact that they can be easily taken with you to the country house or comfortably placed even in a very small kitchen.
Among the negative qualities, there are only three:
- A rather high price.
- The need to purchase special dishes.
- The erroneous opinion that the magnetic field emitted by the plate negatively affects human health.
The last statement is absolutely not reasonable. Scientists have proved that since the field created is low-frequency, it absolutely does not affect human well-being. And the products prepared in this way do not accumulate anything in themselves.
Induction cookers: what they are
There are 3 types of induction cookers:
When choosing a hob, you should first of all focus on your needs and the dimensions of the kitchen. Which one to prefer?
Desktop plates - the most compact option. Most often in them there is only one or two rings. But if you live alone and cook at home infrequently, this option is clearly for you. Such a hob would be enough for a young couple without children.
A full-size built-in oven is an excellent choice for a family of 4 or more people or a professional kitchen. Of course, this option is somewhat more expensive, but the performance of such a hob is incomparably higher.
One more modification is provided for modern apartments - combined surfaces .If the house often turn off the light, it is reasonable to choose an induction hob of this type. Most often it consists of four rings: 2 of them are induction, and 2 are ordinary, gas. Thus, you can always be sure that dinner will “arrive in time” on time.
Choosing an induction surface: what to look for
To help make a choice, we have compiled a small instruction that will help you spend money with the greatest efficiency.
Modes and power
Unfortunately, in induction cookers there is no possibility of a smooth power control. In the process, you can set the switch in a fixed position, as well as set the minimum or maximum intensity of work. It is precisely the number of such positions that determine the accuracy with which you can regulate the heating process and control the temperature conditions. Cheaper models offer 10-15 modes, more than 20 positions are provided in the expensive ones.(See also: What is the optimal power of the induction hob?)
For those who are used to living at a fairly fast pace, we recommend choosing a hob with an emergency intensive heating function. Of course, the cooker will not be able to work in this mode for a long time, but you can boil dumplings for ten minutes. A short-term increase in power is possible due to the internal reserves of the device.
Some dishes are best cooked on an open fire. This uses special dishes with a rounded bottom. Heat treatment occurs very quickly, but at maximum temperature. Owners of ordinary gas stoves even in the presence of special dishes are forced to be content with the similarity of such dishes. So if you are a fan of oriental cuisine, it is better to choose an induction hob, equipped with special spherically concave rings. Only in this case, the dishes will taste as if they were cooked on a real fire.
As already mentioned, it is almost impossible to burn yourself on an induction cooking surface. However, there is another danger. If you do not take enough caution, you can get hurt about the sharp edges of the glass surface. Therefore, if your family has moving and very curious kids, be sure to make sure that you purchase a model with rounded corners. Some models are additionally equipped with a protective metal edging around the perimeter. They are also completely safe.
Before buying a hob, select the place where it will be installed and measure the maximum dimensions of your future purchase. This should take into account the fact that the induction cooker can not be placed near objects and devices that have metal parts. So the refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine, oven and other appliances should be located as far as possible from it.
Ability to set your own temperature on each burner.
Many models of induction cookers allow you to set an individual mode for each burner. This allows you to cook not one dish at once, but several. At the same time various power of heating is used.
Fixing System Modes
The most "advanced" models of induction surfaces have a rather interesting function. You can pause the "induction" for a while by simply pressing a single button. At the same time, the “smart” oven will remember all the modes and settings and after re-starting will continue to work as if nothing had happened. This is very convenient in the case when it is urgent to leave the kitchen for a short time and there is no one to look after the cooking process.
If you purchased an induction hob, you no longer need to control so that the dish does not overheat and determine the temperature "by eye".Special sensors will do everything for you. If the temperature indicators exceed the specified parameters, the hob will independently decide to reduce the heating power.
induction cookers To further facilitate the choice of our readers, we have compiled a small rating of the best surfaces with induction 2017 year for home cooking and professional. Given the subjectivity of the ratings, we will not distribute prizes, but simply list a few worthy, in our opinion, models.
LEX EVI 640 BL
This is one of the cheapest options on the market for similar home appliances. In various retail outlets the cost of such a panel does not exceed $ 250.Of the advantages can be noted the following:
- stylish design;
- rings of different diameter;
- reasonable price;
- touch control;
- off timer;
- child protection( blocking);
- residual heat indicator.
With all the listed advantages, this model has only one drawback - fingerprints remain on the surface. But at this price, this minus is not so noticeable.
Electrolux EGD – 6576 NOK
This model from the Electrolux company is suitable for those who prefer to be ready for all life situations. Two of the four burners of this model are gas, so you can cook dinner even in the absence of electricity. The induction cooker EGD – 6576 NOK has been confidently taking the lead for about two years, and this is why: the
- “gas” part is equipped with electric ignition and classical switches;
- induction side is controlled by sensors;The
- system is equipped with a child lock, a gas leak controller and a residual heat indicator;
- when the liquid overflows to the induction surface, the cooker automatically switches off
- for especially hurried there is a mode “Boost”.
This model has drawbacks:
- switches on the “gas” side get very hot, as they are located quite close to the surface;
- on virtually black surface is visible almost any dirt.
This induction surface has won the highest user praise. According to consumer reviews, it can be called one of the most popular models among the standard options.
- stylish design;
- elegant protective frame in silver;
- mode "Boost";
- residual heating indicator, child control lock, protective shutdown when liquid overflows;
- surface can recognize the presence of dishes;
- at the end of the cooking process the stove gives information about the amount of energy expended.
With all the advantages of this model, there are a couple of drawbacks. There are few of them, but they are quite substantial:
- , when operating at high power, a strong hum is heard;
- cannot adjust the power level separately for each burner;
- ; the absence of special clips creates difficulties in self-assembly;
- quite high cost.
We hope very much that our article has helped you understand how to choose the 2017 induction hob. It is likely that in the near future a new and modern kitchen assistant will appear in your home, and cooking will be easy and pleasant.